Speculation: Where will Darren Raddysh sign? (Answer: Rockford)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs have allot of need at RHD, and can provide him with a good opportunity.
With our LHD Depth he will likely have a partner who is pretty high end.

Brogman
Rosen
Dermott

All LHD who are pretty darn good. 2 of the 3 at least will be in the AHL next year.
He would be the top RHD on the Marlies (only Justin Holl and Steve Oleksy are RHD)
Leafs can also afford to pay him a max-bonus contract OR give him an AHL only deal that pays way more if he wants cash now.

Edit: Im not sure where he would get a better situation to grow with a young team, be surrounded by talent, and have amazing coaching. Also his home town!

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
In this case a team can draft him and take away his ability to select his own team right?

He's not draft eligible. It's just that the window to sign Draft-Related UFA's for the next upcoming season runs from March 1st to June 1st. Miss that window and you have to wait until July 1st.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
There is absolutely no reason for TB to not sign this guy, I don't care how many rookies they have coming into Syracuse next year. You don't pass on the numbers this guy has put up because of a logjam. You make room. If he doesn't pan out, let him go.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
He wasnt drafted in his year because he was "too defensive minded" and he developed his game into a true two way force in the CHL.

Let him mature in the AHL for a year or two and see what he can be.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Easy choice. Tampa baby.

There is absolutely no reason for TB to not sign this guy, I don't care how many rookies they have coming into Syracuse next year. You don't pass on the numbers this guy has put up because of a logjam. You make room. If he doesn't pan out, let him go.
Tampa wouldn't be the one to pass on him.

He's a +62 ffs. I don't care if he's playing against midgets without hands, that's still impressive.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Do people think his skill will translate to pro?

The knock on him is nothing about him stands out. He's on the small to average size for an NHL defencemam and his skating is, at best, average. The ECHL is littered with players who had stellar over-age CHL seasons, but are mediocre pro players.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Tampa (brother). He might consider closer to home Toronto or Buffalo (played for Erie)

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I stated an opinion. Not sure why you brought up panarin. I don't see him projecting as a regular NHL Defenseman.

I could be wrong.
I brought up Panarin because he was a free agent before too. Am I saying that Raddysh is Panarin 2.0? No.

What I'm saying is you can't get Panarin without giving a non-NHLer a chance. Don't think so hard.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
We do, but we need a veteran D to pull the top 4 together , we need a Shattenkirk, Alzner, Fowler or Vatenan, we don't really NEED A guy who in all likelihood isn't playing for us this season

Id disagree. We have very few RHD options not in the NHL. He would probably walk in and become our best RHD AHLer. Free wallets are always helpful

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am hoping Arizona has interest. Could be a good fit. Very young team. Connection with Strome. Opportunity is there for a RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad