Speculation: Where does Ullmark go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Chychrun + 39th is the absolute most I can see Ottawa paying, and I believe that is a slight overpay based on Markstrom and other comps. The only way I'd pay Chychrun + 25th is if they are taking on Korpisalo, which I doubt they would.
That doesn't seem like enough for them to take on Korpisalo. Retention could change things, but it'll cost a lot more to dump that contract than the difference between 25th OA and 39th OA.

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
That doesn't seem like enough for them to take on Korpisalo. Retention could change things, but it'll cost a lot more to dump that contract than the difference between 25th OA and 39th OA.
it’s not. If korpisalo is being sent to Boston it will cost at least a first. Because the contract is such an abomination it might cost the higher pick if there isn’t any retention.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
it’s not. If korpisalo is being sent to Boston it will cost at least a first. Because the contract is such an abomination it might cost the higher pick if there isn’t any retention.
I agree. It's a terrible contract. Jack Campbell 2.0 basically.

Just to dump Korpisalo's contract I've assumed is around the 25th OA + a 2nd type value without retention. I think a team like SJ might bite on that.

Reactions: Kegs

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
May be a done deal...

Ullmark and Lauko to OTT
Chychrun + 25 to BOS
Korpisalo to PHI

Other stuff involved but idk what yet. Obviously Philly gets something. Ullmark finalizing extension with Ottawa. Rumor is 5 x 7.000
Speculation or a little birdie? Cant see why Philly would be the team to take on Korpi… if there is a team that would

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Speculation or a little birdie? Cant see why Philly would be the team to take on Korpi… if there is a team that would

I know a guy that knows a guy. He hasn't confirmed though, and the Korpisalo part seems odd IMO. There's not enough involved outside of that to make sense of it.

I think we'll see in an hour or so if it's legit.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Philly needs a goalie with Hart out but Korpisalo probably isn't it... I get that he has a history with Tortarella, but still...

Forsberg would make more sense, much easier contract to move,

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Philly needs a goalie with Hart out but Korpisalo probably isn't it... I get that he has a history with Tortarella, but still...

Forsberg would make more sense, much easier contract to move,
Philly has Ersson, Fedotov, Kolosov and Peterson under contract and in NA. I guess maybe they would have interest in Forsberg if they are able to dump Peterson… but I dont think they are a lock by any means to acquire a goalie

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
May be a done deal based on a few rumors that just leaked...

Ullmark and Lauko to OTT
Chychrun + 25 to BOS
Korpisalo to PHI

Other stuff involved but idk what yet. Obviously Philly gets something. Ullmark finalizing extension with Ottawa. Rumor is 5 x 7.000

Popcorn. Is. Ready.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Philly has Ersson, Fedotov, Kolosov and Peterson under contract and in NA. I guess maybe they would have interest in Forsberg if they are able to dump Peterson… but I dont think they are a lock by any means to acquire a goalie
Flyers had the worst goaltending in the league in spite of Hart having a pretty solid .906 in his 26 games. Take out Hart and they had a team sv% of .865

If they aren't getting a goalie, they are in for a long year imo. That doesn't mean they want one of ours, but they can't be terribly confident with what they have, can they?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Ullmark and Lauko to OTT
Chychrun + 25 to BOS
Korpisalo to PHI

Gotta be something from Philly going to Ottawa. I’d be pleased with this return for Boston. We all like Linus too, so we’ll be rooting for him, except against us. LOL.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If Detroit and Vegas are in it, both holding better firsts than 25 OA, that explains why the plus from Ottawa is so much better, especially given the tiers of this draft.

Ullmark and Lauko to OTT
Chychrun + 25 to BOS
Korpisalo to PHI

Wonder if it’s a 1st round pick swap on the Ottawa/Philly end.

After all this speculation it’s gonna end up being like Detroit 1st and Berggren, lol.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Chychrun + 39th is the absolute most I can see Ottawa paying, and I believe that is a slight overpay based on Markstrom and other comps. The only way I'd pay Chychrun + 25th is if they are taking on Korpisalo, which I doubt they would.

Chychrun is a solid player but he has major injury concerns. Even with him playing a full year last year he’s missed almost 25% of career games. That definitely hurts his value. Also the NJD pick will almost certainly be better than the 25th pick.

Combine that with Ullmark being better and younge. Then chychrun and the 25th pick is fair

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Ullmark and Lauko to OTT
Chychrun + 25 to BOS
Korpisalo to PHI

I can't see even a shred of a reason Philly would do this. Is Ottawa throwing a 1st to Philly as well to take that Korpisalo deal?

They already have Fedutov and Ersson in net. And while Ersson isn't very good, he's on a way better contract than Korpisalo.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
So from my understanding he's already waived his ntc to come to Ottawa, they just need to figure out a deal. That sound about right? Ottawa is probably trying to find the best way to package one if the starters out of town. I'm really hoping Ottawa doesn't end up with 10million tied up to just goaltending.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
So from my understanding he's already waived his ntc to come to Ottawa, they just need to figure out a deal. That sound about right? Ottawa is probably trying to find the best way to package one if the starters out of town. I'm really hoping Ottawa doesn't end up with 10million tied up to just goaltending.
I don't have inside knowledge, but as I've heard the chatter I believe it's the extension they are negotiating right now. I could see Boston asking for another later draft pick as compensation for the extension, but I could also see OTT saying "Umm, no - we're already paying a premium". As some others have mentioned, I doubt we get news on this until Tuesday or Wednesday. With G7 tonight, all eyes will be on that.

Reactions: Altimus

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If I'm Ottawa, there is no way I'm sending a 1st to shed Korpisalo. 1.8 million x 8 years as a buyout sucks, but it is what it is. This is the downside of acquiring a franchise with a former GM that literally threw a dart at a board with Korps.

f*** giving away a 1st

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If I'm Ottawa, there is no way I'm sending a 1st to shed Korpisalo. 1.8 million x 8 years as a buyout sucks, but it is what it is. This is the downside of acquiring a franchise with a former GM that literally threw a dart at a board with Korps.

f*** giving away a 1st

But would you do a pick swap with Philly? They seem motivated to move up, Ottawa still gets a good pick, and Philly gives it a shot for a year and then maybe buys him out anyway?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I'd probably swap picks with Philly if they take Korpi. Seems fair. Kinda sucks though because I'd prefer to take our choice of the 2nd tier vs whatever is left of the 2nd tier, that's the cost of taking salary though.

Chychrun is a solid player but he has major injury concerns. Even with him playing a full year last year he’s missed almost 25% of career games. That definitely hurts his value. Also the NJD pick will almost certainly be better than the 25th pick.

Combine that with Ullmark being better and younge. Then chychrun and the 25th pick is fair

I actually don't think that is a certainty at all. I think NJD have a great roster despite where they finished this year. I think they'll bounce back.

Chychrun + 25th will be amongst the best hauls returned by a goalie in recent memory, it's overpay IMO.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
But would you do a pick swap with Philly? They seem motivated to move up, Ottawa still gets a good pick, and Philly gives it a shot for a year and then maybe buys him out anyway?
No sir, I would not. I call the 1.8 x 8 the price of doing business and I don't relinquish that pick.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad