Speculation: Where does Ullmark go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Toronto and Ottawa are both looking for goalies, in Toronto's case they have to bring in a goalie, they only have 1 under contract.
Doesn't Toronto have 3 other goalies under contract (+ one who is a RFA) ?

Plus Ullmark has a NMC would he waive it for Ottawa?
He does not have a NMC.

He has a M-NTC (15 teams no-trade list).

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Doesn't Toronto have 3 other goalies under contract (+ one who is a RFA) ?
Leafs have three goalies on Entry Level Contracts who are not ready for the NHL.

Keith Petruzzelli is an RFA who will likely not receive a qualifying offer.

Leafs are looking for two more goalies. One to play regularly in the NHL and another as a veteran third goalie, similar to the role of Martin Jones last year.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
If he has the western conference teams on his NTC and Boston doesn't want to deal him to a divisional opponent it might get interesting.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Does Boston trade him in division? I have my doubts they deal him to Ottawa or Toronto.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I think theyll just keep him. Not sure what happens to Brandon Bussi though. Probably sneak him through waivers at the end of training camp.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Boston either is trading him to a division rival or keeping him. I just can't see Boston giving him to Toronto, which basically just leaves Ottawa or a real surprise team.

Ottawa I guess has an extra first (25) to trade. They'd be idiots to use their #7 in any way to acquire a goalie (but I wouldn't rule that out).

Imo I think Markstrom is great comparable for Ullmark's value. Markstrom's contract is $4.25m for the next two years (for NJ). Ullmark is making $5m next year and then UFA (or a pay increase). I'm not sure I want to be paying what Ullmark is going to ask for on his next deal. So really, something around #25 plus something is what I think Ullmark SHOULD fetch.

And then if I'm Boston, I wonder whether I'd just rather keep him for a year and maybe that's what they decide

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If somehow Ullmark goes to Ottawa for Chychrun :

to Washington Capitals
Anton Forsberg (50% retained) + 6th round pick
to Ottawa Senators
7th round pick

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
CBJ, I guess, if they can find someone to take Elivs of course.

Red wings (another in division team I know) could be a dark horse in the Ullmark sweepstakes as well
The plan in Columbus is probably to move Merzlikins out and bring in another goalie on a 1 year contract, and then next summer, Greaves loses his waiver exemption. Tarasov Greaves as a young tandem (starting 1 year from now) is the plan. Columbus is not looking for a starter.

Detroit and Ottawa are the teams most likely to look for a starter. Detroit would need to trade or buyout Husso, and Ottawa would need to trade or buyout one of Korpisalo or Forsberg.

Buffalo would MAYBE bring in a starter, but I kind of doubt it. They're more likely to bring in a short-term tandem or backup for Luukkonen until Levi is 100% ready.

Toronto is probably looking for a tandem goalie to play with Woll on a 1 year deal. Next summer re-evaluate and see if they need to bring in a starter or if Woll is their starter.

If Landeskog and/or Nichushkin aren't able to play and the cap becomes flexible, I can see Colorado moving Georgiev out and bringing a stud like Ullmark in.

Edmonton wants a goalie in theory, but their cap situation, goalie contract situation, and lack of picks and prospects probably means they just try their luck again with whomever is playing best out of Skinner, Rodrigue and Campbell.

The LA Kings could be looking for a starter soon, but they JUST extended Rittich and brought in Kuemper. Unless they plan to run 3 goalies or immediately trade Rittich out after just extending him, I don't think the timing is right.

Never count of Vegas, but I think they're probably reasonably happy with Adin Hill.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ullmark refuses to waive and stays in Boston for the year.

The funny part is Ulmark's NTC is a 16 team no trade list. Moves to 15 teams after July 1st. Wow, one less team. Genius management to get that lowered by one team in that last year. :laugh:

What are the Caps plan in net now that they traded Kuemper? Would Ulmark have the Caps on his NTC list?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
CBJ, I guess, if they can find someone to take Elivs of course.

Red wings (another in division team I know) could be a dark horse in the Ullmark sweepstakes as well
If Ullmark wants to win I can't see him preferring Columbus over Toronto or even Ottawa (not that I think Boston will trade him to Toronto, especially).

Detroit has two goalies under contract, although guess it's possible if they want to run with three goalies again, or try to move Husso.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Boston either is trading him to a division rival or keeping him. I just can't see Boston giving him to Toronto, which basically just leaves Ottawa or a real surprise team.

Ottawa I guess has an extra first (25) to trade. They'd be idiots to use their #7 in any way to acquire a goalie (but I wouldn't rule that out).

Imo I think Markstrom is great comparable for Ullmark's value. Markstrom's contract is $4.25m for the next two years (for NJ). Ullmark is making $5m next year and then UFA (or a pay increase). I'm not sure I want to be paying what Ullmark is going to ask for on his next deal. So really, something around #25 plus something is what I think Ullmark SHOULD fetch.

And then if I'm Boston, I wonder whether I'd just rather keep him for a year and maybe that's what they decide
I think theyll just keep him. Not sure what happens to Brandon Bussi though. Probably sneak him through waivers at the end of training camp.

Bussi isn't surviving waivers.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
If Ullmark wants to win I can't see him preferring Columbus over Toronto or even Ottawa (not that I think Boston will trade him to Toronto, especially).

Detroit has two goalies under contract, although guess it's possible if they want to run with three goalies again, or try to move Husso.

Husso is only signed for one more season Wings might consider trading a package with Lyon in it for an upgrade in goal to the Bruins. It's not optimal but it is something I can see though I guess it depends on what contracts the UFAs and RFAs gets signed to.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad