Let's talk about Devin Cooley

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Have the Flames found a diamond in the rough here? This guy has been really good in every game I've watched him play this pre-season.

Per Devin Cooley:

27 and terrible numbers wherever he has played. Not sure why a meaningless pre-season game playing against scrubs and a "fun" interview is likely to negate what years of his play has shown us.

He seems like a fun guy to have in the minors or maybe to eat loses while we go for a top 5 pick but there is zero reason to think this guy has any future in the NHL for a team that wants success.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
27 and terrible numbers wherever he has played. Not sure why a meaningless pre-season game playing against scrubs and a "fun" interview is likely to negate what years of his play has shown us.

He seems like a fun guy to have in the minors or maybe to eat loses while we go for a top 5 pick but there is zero reason to think this guy has any future in the NHL for a team that wants success.
Sounds like the guy never got any consistent/good coaching until he was almost 20 and I suspect even then it was hit or miss. Basically sounds like growing up he was self taught and flying by the seat of his pants and probably learning a lot of bad habits along the way and surviving on raw athleticism. A season playing for the wranglers could change a lot of that. Also, being 27 doesn't mean squat for a goalie... particularly when 3 of those years were spent playing university hockey here he only got to play 32 games.
Personally I wouldn't be so quick to write him off as a bust. Right now he ain't ready for prime time but with the right goalie coach he might surprise a lot of people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad