CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, what can you say boys--absolutely terrible by any standards. And we can't blame this one on Jones.

Why in the world would you stick with a 36 year old QB who missed receivers all night and often looked like he was passing to ground hogs? I guess its a rhetorical question. You wonder if some of these guys have a death wish or something.

Credit to Rankin for at least showing up.

The Bombers could have had 75 points if they had pushed it.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Man the Elks are hard to cheer for. JJ isn't a HC. There is something going on with Ford still I bet. I understood not starting him but not going to him in the 2nd half is puzzling. I'm not convinced he is a team guy.

Well he won’t be on the team much longer, JJ pretty much guaranteed that tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Well, what can you say boys--absolutely terrible by any standards. And we can't blame this one on Jones.

Why in the world would you stick with a 36 year old QB who missed receivers all night and often looked like he was passing to ground hogs? I guess its a rhetorical question. You wonder if some of these guys have a death wish or something.

What does this have to do with the QB?

I'd suggest that in the history of Football you win zero games where you give up 55pts and 7TD's.

Nobody wins in Winnipeg period and this was men against boys and Bombers flexing muscles. Game was decided on Bombers bringing their A game this time and guys like Lawler having a crazy good night. D couldn't stop the pass, couldn't stop the run. We gave up 460passing yds. Again you just don't win doing that.

Thompson missed receivers, true, but a lot of that had to do with having to go for desperation longbombs and receivers also flat out dropping balls.

We could have Warren Moon in tonight and we lose this game. Bombers are real good when they play their A game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
lol, just put Ford in.
Isn't it almost better to save him from a game like this? Putting a young guy in, this game, its throwing him to the wolves. Bombers can be beaten on away from home. But nobody beats the Bombers in Winnipeg. I think the team from several comments were even thinking they could hang with Winnipeg in this one. A lot of guys that hadn't seen the bombers in action in Winnipeg.

Ford wasn't going to be a difference in this game. Nobody was. We have no answer for Collaros feeling it and having guys like Lawler back.

Games like today is why is f***ing hate the Elks name
Kind of pissed off when I saw they went back to the abysmal logo instead of the EE. WTF. Guess they were pandering to the crowd. That squiggly elk thing is the worst logo I've ever seen. That logo is grade A graphics fail. It looks like a bunch of nothing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Would the game would be any different with Ford in? This is a beat down.
Exactly. How is nobody else seeing this?

People just bitching at the coaching, at MBT and yelling at clouds.

Was that Ford laughing with a teammate on the sidelines? Got to be more serious than that, team is getting blown out.
Sure it was. People wonder why he doesn't have the coaching staff behind him? Ford was also laughing last week on the field while the Elks had a zero up on the board nearly 3 quarters into the game last week. Not sure whats with this guy but he should try a game face on for size. You don't f***ing laugh when your team is getting drubbed. Ford does that whether he's on the bench of in the game.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I picked a fine time to watch an EE game...lol

Edmontons offence wasnt the main problem by my eye.
Winnipeg's offence though was another matter...they absoolutely rolled the EE defence.
If the offence has to score almost 60 points to win a game you are going to lose almost every time.

Reactions: bellagiobob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I never said the offense was the major problem. Obviously the D was a complete disaster but that doesn't change the fact that you don't stick with a QB who can't get it done.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I never said the offense was the major problem. Obviously the D was a complete disaster but that doesn't change the fact that you don't stick with a QB who can't get it done
QB had nothing to do with the result today.

Why do people think Grey Cup winning MBT can't ever get it done? In anycase he passed for over twice the yds that Ford had last week. He didn't fumble a ball and throw two picks either. Ford was sitting on the Bench because Ford was terrible last week. Period.

The other aspect and this has been talked about is that the club has to go with a limited playbook when Ford is in. Apparently its hard for him to have a lot of plays and remember them. The coaching staff know a lot more about this QB and some of his struggles than anybody here. Ford isn't exactly a yeoman student.

JJ flat out saying MBT stays in because he's the best option. He isn't wrong.

If people want to start Ford or play him more just as futures I can see that pov. Thats at least a reason to play Ford. But Ford needs to be ready, and he seems to have trouble with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: rboomercat90

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
QB had nothing to do with the result today.

Why do people think Grey Cup winning MBT can't ever get it done? In anycase he passed for over twice the yds that Ford had last week. He didn't fumble a bull and throw two picks either. Ford was sitting on the Bench because Ford was terrible last week.

The other aspect and this has been talked about is that the club has to go with a limited playbook when Ford is in. Apparently its hard for him to have a lot of plays and remember them. The coaching staff know a lot more about this QB and some of his struggles than anybody here.

JJ flat out saying MBT stays in because he's the best option. He isn't wrong.

If people want to start Ford or play him more just as futures I can see that pov. Thats at least a reason to play Ford. But Ford needs to be ready, and he seems to have trouble with that.
The QB had a lot to do with today's game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I get people being upset with MBT’s performance tonight, it was awful. What I don’t get is all the whining about Ford not playing. You guys forget about last week already? This was Ford’s team last week. He had earned the starting job and then he came out and looked like he wasn’t even prepared to play right from the opening snap. He was as bad last week as MBT was tonight, the only difference was the defence last week was outstanding and kept the team in the game, they weren’t good in this one. There are issues with Ford and I don’t think he’s the answer here either.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The QB had a lot to do with today's game.
One of the QB's did. But the whole Bombers team did. We were losing this one regardless and I'm sure you agree. MBT didn't lose this game. Not sure anybody would think that.

I get people being upset with MBT’s performance tonight, it was awful. What I don’t get is all the whining about Ford not playing. You guys forget about last week already? This was Ford’s team last week. He had earned the starting job and then he came out and looked like he wasn’t even prepared to play right from the opening snap. He was as bad last week as MBT was tonight, the only difference was the defence last week was outstanding and kept the team in the game, they weren’t good in this one. There are issues with Ford and I don’t think he’s the answer here either.
Ford was FAR worse last week. 116yds passing, fumble leading to TD, Int leading to TD and another INT and two other stops on downs that lead to scores the other way. Ford got nothing done. The screaming at MBT here is kind of odd.

Bolded, exactly. The most notable thing.

Reactions: rboomercat90

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For me it's only for the hope that Ford can turn into a consistent starting QB, and the only way we will know that is if we play him, and by not playing him in a blowout game, the chances of him even considering staying here are quite poor. I'm 50/50 on him being the guy going forward, but he's the only realistic option we have a this point going forward. He's the only QB we have that gets punished for every mistake he makes, despite him having just about a 50/50 win loss record, while the QB before him and the one we have now have won something like 3 games in 20 starts, yet get endless praise and rope. Make no mistake the game was over tonight due to the D, but it was silly to leave MBT in the whole game, he is a nothing for our future, and maybe, just maybe Ford is. But we've bungled him so badly that we will never find out how it might turn out here.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
For me it's only for the hope that Ford can turn into a consistent starting QB, and the only way we will know that is if we play him, and by not playing him in a blowout game, the chances of him even considering staying here are quite poor. I'm 50/50 on him being the guy going forward, but he's the only realistic option we have a this point going forward. He's the only QB we have that gets punished for every mistake he makes, despite him having just about a 50/50 win loss record, while the QB before him and the one we have now have won something like 3 games in 20 starts, yet get endless praise and rope. Make no mistake the game was over tonight due to the D, but it was silly to leave MBT in the whole game, he is a nothing for our future, and maybe, just maybe Ford is. But we've bungled him so badly that we will never find out how it might turn out here.
The more we see of Ford the less I think he’s capable of being a full time starter. Last week was an eye opener for me. He had been given the starters job coming out of the bye week and he was unprepared to play. This after there being talk before the game that Jackson had ripped into the team for not taking preparation seriously during the week of what was essentially a must win game for the team. Who was Jackson upset with? We saw how the defence played, they were dialed in. Doesn’t look like it was them. Ford looked like a kid who not only didn’t study for his final exam but didn’t even know it was that day.

We can blame Jones or even Jackson for bungling Ford’s development but it looks to me like he’s the one most responsible. He’s either not smart enough, serious enough, mature enough or a combination of all of these.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The more we see of Ford the less I think he’s capable of being a full time starter. Last week was an eye opener for me. He had been given the starters job coming out of the bye week and he was unprepared to play. This after there being talk before the game that Jackson had ripped into the team for not taking preparation seriously during the week of what was essentially a must win game for the team. Who was Jackson upset with? We saw how the defence played, they were dialed in. Doesn’t look like it was them. Ford looked like a kid who not only didn’t study for his final exam but didn’t even know it was that day.

We can blame Jones or even Jackson for bungling Ford’s development but it looks to me like he’s the one most responsible. He’s either not smart enough, serious enough, mature enough or a combination of all of these.
We can say the same thing for the D and MBT tonight, that in the biggest game of the year they didn't take the preparation seriously and showed up without studying. I just find it mindboggling how one of the worst staring QB's in league history in Cornelius was allowed game after game to prove that he was completely incompetent, while Ford was never given even a sniff of that opportunity. You can say different coach, but same OC. Point is that we have nothing to lose with playing Ford and letting him make his mistakes, and learn from them. The other options have proven to be absolute disasters. Maybe he will be a bust like the rest of them, but he has shown flashes, I would have least like to have known if there was something there. Will never know now. But hey, at least we got to watch the brilliant Cornelius and MBT lead us to a 3-17 record. ;)

Reactions: MessierII

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
We can say the same thing for the D and MBT tonight, that in the biggest game of the year they didn't take the preparation seriously and showed up without studying. I just find it mindboggling how one of the worst staring QB's in league history in Cornelius was allowed game after game to prove that he was completely incompetent, while Ford was never given even a sniff of that opportunity. You can say different coach, but same OC. Point is that we have nothing to lose with playing Ford and letting him make his mistakes, and learn from them. The other options have proven to be absolute disasters. Maybe he will be a bust like the rest of them, but he has shown flashes, I would have least like to have known if there was something there. Will never know now. But hey, at least we got to watch the brilliant Cornelius and MBT lead us to a 3-17 record. ;)
At some point don’t you have to ask yourself why football coaches (guys who are around the players and the game all the time) are preferring to play whoever else is here over Ford? I got my answer last week.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Wel...he has a long track record of being a very good QB so those stats are a bit misleading IMO.
Was having a very meh season though. I would say the game tonight was more our poor D than him going supernova.

At some point don’t you have to ask yourself why football coaches (guys who are around the players and the game all the time) are preferring to play whoever else is here over Ford? I got my answer last week.
My only guess is that they like losing and getting fired because they made poor choices. ;) Coaches will always try to stay employed, and that means playing the QB who they think gives them the best chance to win. Clearly the choices of starting Cornelius and MBT have been the wrong ones, one coach already paid the price and was fired, the next guy is very iffy to be back next year.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

probably because the other QB shit the bed last week?

Tre Ford is about to be a mythical legend around HFOil like Cody Ceci is.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Was having a very meh season though. I would say the game tonight was more our poor D than him going supernova.
The whole team was pretty bad for the first half of the season though.
They sure have their legs under them now. They are clearly the cream of the crop in the West and they also showed the League just where Edmonton ranks in the West....at the bottom.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
For all the talk about replacing the QB in this game, how about replacing every single one of the f***ers on defense? No rush, couldn’t tackle a dummy, and couldn’t cover worth a shit. Get rid of all of them and start over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad