HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Some in this fanbase will never be happy. Laine and Demidov in one summer, Suzuki, Caufield, and Slaf all signed long-term under 8mil, Hutson about to challenge for the Calder, Dach back healthy, etc, but all that's still not enough to stop lamenting on the past.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Michkov is a loser and a cockroach. Let Philly deal with him.
Why are Habs fans like this. Why is this tolerated?

Some in this fanbase will never be happy. Laine and Demidov in one summer, Suzuki, Caufield, and Slaf all signed long-term under 8mil, Hutson about to challenge for the Calder, Dach back healthy, etc, but all that's still not enough to stop lamenting on the past.
Very happy about the summer and Demidov and even Reinbacher. We shouldn’t permit or encourage other fellow fans drag us down when they insult other prospects who’ve done nothing wrong.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Peepes still crying over Michkov? :laugh:

Pathetic.
It’s the “anti-Michkov” commentators who never stop mentioning him and refuse to treat him like any other top prospect across the league.

We won’t be allowed to even casually enjoy the talent’s ability on a neutral level. Guess what — I like skill players in the NHL, they make things fun! I like Pavel Bure, I like Patrick Elias, I like Sergei Zubov, I like Paul Kariya, I like Matt Barzal, etc. They never played for the Habs, what does it matter?

Why the hate campaign against one teenager?? He didn’t do anything wrong.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Habs brass didn’t seem high on michkov whether he wanted to play here or not
I think they had rein in their sights for months
This is the right take.

The Habs preferred Reinbacher at 5OA.
If you trust the Habs you’ll trust their decision.
You can appreciate the trajectory of the Habs and also Michkov’s talent without thinking you’re a bad fan or somehow have betrayed Reinbacher.

Reinbacher’s success is irrelevant to Michkov’s.

What is unavoidable — and won’t be helped by slander and lashing out — is some fans will be openly coveting Michkov as long as Michkov doesn’t bust. It’s a product of the draft system and it is unavoidable and inevitable. Many should make their peace with it.

If you trust the Habs you’ll tolerate the commentators who covet Michkov… without resorting to attacking the player or other fans.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It’s the “anti-Michkov” commentators who never stop mentioning him and refuse to treat him like any other top prospect across the league.

We won’t be allowed to even casually enjoy the talent’s ability on a neutral level. Guess what — I like skill players in the NHL, they make things fun! I like Pavel Bure, I like Patrick Elias, I like Sergei Zubov, I like Paul Kariya, I like Matt Barzal, etc. They never played for the Habs, what does it matter?

Why the hate campaign against one teenager?? He didn’t do anything wrong.

It's the simple, predictible and ubiquitous tribalism that rules the minds of many misadapted individuals.

Their self-image is tightly tied to group identity, and have had part of their identity trampled on and wallow in years of mediocrity thanks to the previous numbnut steering the ship nowhere fast, whom many of them trusted. Now that he's gone and replaced by someone highly competent, but inevitably imperfect, their hope has been rekindled, part of their delicate image has been restored, and because of this cannot tolerate any criticism of their newfound hero.

Intense group identity and its consequential tribalism is mostly the result of emotional immaturity. We see this immaturity in full display as soon as anyone criticizes the new hero or praises someone the hero disregarded.

Some don't have the maturity to let go and accept what has been done, while others can't tolerate differing opinions and mindsets that go against the thought structure that maintains that oh-so important identity.

No matter the narratives built around facts and suppositions to support one outcome over another, whether they are genuine or not, does not negate any right to criticize or reject such outcomes. People who do not tolerate it are simply looking for an echo chamber where nothing can destabilize the thought process that maintains the self-image.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad