What's the upside to Blackhawk's young Defenceman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No it's not.

Both are doing amazing things against kids. The same pundits who were calling Bedard generational at 16 are the same pundits calling Misa generational now.

Where are you getting your information from? You didn't answer that one.
My information? It's my opinion. I don't get it from anywhere but myself. I don't give opinions about guys I haven't seen.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
My information? It's my opinion. I don't get it from anywhere but myself. I don't give opinions about guys I haven't seen.
So how much of Misa have you seen? I've seen 90% of his games either on tape or in person to come to my opinion.

And if you haven't seen Misa play, which I'm assuming you haven't, how can you say if he is or isn't on the same level as Bedard?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So how much of Misa have you seen? I've seen 90% of his games either on tape or in person to come to my opinion.

And if you haven't seen Misa play, which I'm assuming you haven't, how can you say if he is or isn't on the same level as Bedard?
Why are you assuming I haven't seen an incredibly gifted sixteen year old play?

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Why are you assuming I haven't seen an incredibly gifted sixteen year old play?
If you did, you most certainly wouldn't be saying he isn't on the same level as Bedard.

You asked if I had watched him, and I did.

But good job moving those goal posts. Wouldn't expect any less from you.
Well, I've seen most of his Seattle games and his tournament play is miles off from what he's become now.

If I'm "moving goal posts" because you are basing the kid off a sample size instead of his full year in development, then I guess I'm moving goal posts.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Some people love hockey.

It's a great sport, you know. And considering the Hawks are dog piss it doesn't hurt to watch juniors.

Lol what? Korchinski has tools that Allan doesn't. Reese Johnson was closer to the NHL than Allan at one point. Was he a better prospect? Of course not.
And Allan has tools Korchinski doesn't.

Your point?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Are they on the same level of talent? No.

Korchinski and Allan are with the exception one is good offensively and one is good defensively.
One is elite offensively, the other isn't.

How the f*** are you still defending this position? I know you're stubborn, but damn.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
One is elite offensively, the other isn't.

How the f*** are you still defending this position? I know you're stubborn, but damn.
And one is elite defensively.

If you say "Korchinski is the best prospect" um...ok?

I'm saying "Allan is the best prospect because he's solid defensively and he's closer to the NHL .

How is this so hard to comprehend? Or does everyone have to be on the same page here?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
And one is elite defensively.

If you say "Korchinski is the best prospect" um...ok?

I'm saying "Allan is the best prospect because he's solid defensively and he's closer to the NHL .

How is this so hard to comprehend? Or does everyone have to be on the same page here?
So is Vlasic a better prospect than Korchinski because he's better defensively and is, at this moment, on the Hawks?

Watch out NHL, Alex Vlasic is gonna burn down some villages!...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like this is crazy. I watch way more hockey than most people. It's mostly professional. I can promise that I've seen more AHL hockey than most. I'm confident I've seen more college hockey than most. You can't find a take of me shitting on Allan when he was drafted because I didn't.

I don't pretend to be something I'm not. Amateur scouting is really hard.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
So closeness to the NHL doesn't matter?
When the two players, Korchinski and Allan, are similarly talented, of course it does.

Lemme put it this way;

If the Hawks has Gretzky at 18, and Lemieux at 16. Who's the better prospect? Gretzky. If you flip flopped them, Lemieux at 18 would be the better prospect. Both players are similar in talent.

How hard is this to understand?

There isn't a huge talent discrepancy between Korchinski and Allan, but they're two different players who bring two different types of games. It's not like the Hawks couldn't use either one of them.

But because Allan is further along in his development, right now he's the better prospect.

So is Vlasic a better prospect than Korchinski because he's better defensively and is, at this moment, on the Hawks?

Watch out NHL, Alex Vlasic is gonna burn down some villages!...
Vlasic is nowhere near as talented as Korchinski or Allan.

Bad take

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
When the two players, Korchinski and Allan, are similarly talented, of course it does.

Lemme put it this way;

If the Hawks has Gretzky at 18, and Lemieux at 16. Who's the better prospect? Gretzky. If you flip flopped them, Lemieux at 18 would be the better prospect. Both players are similar in talent.

There isn't a huge talent discrepancy between Korchinski and Allan, but they're two different players who bring two different types of games. It's not like the Hawks couldn't use either one of them.

But because Allan is further along in his development, right now he's the better prospect.

Vlasic is nowhere near as talented as Korchinski or Allan.

Bad take
Korchinski has the far higher ceiling.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Like this is crazy. I watch way more hockey than most people. It's mostly professional. I can promise that I've seen more AHL hockey than most. I'm confident I've seen more college hockey than most. You can't find a take of me shitting on Allan when he was drafted because I didn't.

I don't pretend to be something I'm not. Amateur scouting is really hard.
I don't either.

I think Allan is the best prospect on the Hawks. Simple as that.

Korchinski has the far higher ceiling.

Offensively, sure.

Defensively? Not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad