Value of: What would give up to trade for McDavid?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Loosely, if you suppose there will be 1 McDavid, 3 Matthews, 10 Marners and 100 Maroons, I'd make an argument for taking the two semi-rare players as opposed to the one super rare player and the common player who could be replaced by anyone else and still perform alongside McDavid.

Of course, there could be 2 McDavids and 6 Matthews' in five years.

theres nothing at all saying you cant have a McDavid and a Matthews. Thats the goal. If you get the McDavid, surround him with talent.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Nothing, I'd rather have a legit shot at a Stanley cup not a HFboards cup "aka no.1 overall pick".

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Mike Chaput. For sure. Can't stand that guy. I'd trade him for anyone. Including mcdavid.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
1 Superstar and 2 Stars > 1 Generational Player.

The Leafs would have to fill those gaps with players that would not make up for the production lost. Edmonton has every right to demand the world, but don't be offended when people laugh at the ask is Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

That might be true from a pure on-ice player value perspective, but it's not anywhere near true when considering everything off ice (and the salary structure when Edmonton has their own stars).

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
There's data out there that suggests that McDavid could make an AHL squad respectable, so I would trade literally any combination of pieces possible.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Well I gave up Laine, Seguin, Karlsson, Alex Nylander and Barzal for McDavid, Josi, Pastrnak and Derrick Pouliot. Then flipped him later for Galchenyuk, Backstrom(caps) and Ehlers. Then Mcdavid got traded a week later for Tavares and Tarasenko.

So thats what I'd give up for him assuming I had those pieces!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad