Value of: What Team will trade for Dubois? Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
cool... nobody ever claimed the best offer was going to be from the habs... but for some reason hab fans seem to think we are just forced to take what ever they offer because reasons
We don't think you have to take what we offer. We are just saying that PLD's value has dropped because he
1-- Doesn't want to resign with the Jets
2---Want to test UFA
3--Claims he wants to play for the Habs.
Knowing that we will find out how much another team is willing to give up for 1 yr of his service.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Well then take the best offer you can in the offseason. That's what i would do.

Yeah, you do. Its unfortunate that PLD made it public he wants to play for the Habs. The Habs have zero obligation to facilitate a trade.

Jets should find the best offer as it won't come from the rebuilding Habs.
jfc, habs fans give jets fans a crap offer that gets rejected then hab fans claim they will take him for free and jets fans say they will just trade him to a contending team...

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
we will take the best offer we can get
Hey, so I am sure, you do not like the Miller offer...........I do not have a problem with that.....totally understandable!

But, "IF" Dubois does not sign a long term contract and wants out.............do you see a better alternative?

I mean, I have been going on the premise that if that were to happen, that you would want a proven goal scorer, that plays center...........

But does any other players with no NTC's tickle your fancy? that actually want to play in Winnipeg?

(PS...I have lots of family there, and quite like it, but that's me! And I have never been there in the winter!)

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
jfc, habs fans give jets fans a crap offer that gets rejected then hab fans claim they will take him for free and jets fans say they will just trade him to a contending team...
Trade him than. We are not worried about it but you seem to think we are for some reason.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Goes both ways. Jets fans seem to think Montreal is obligated to give up massive assets to get PLD. They somehow mistake who was making the public statements.

Its quite possible that Hughes has zero interest in PLD. The smart play for the Habs is to see where Dach goes in his development (and Suzuki). In 1.5 years time, there may not be a need or room for PLD on the Habs.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
We don't think you have to take what we offer. We are just saying that PLD's value has dropped because he
1-- Doesn't want to resign with the Jets
2---Want to test UFA
3--Claims he wants to play for the Habs.
Knowing that we will find out how much another team is willing to give up for 1 yr of his service.
It is not "We" buddy, it's "You" LOL

No other Habs fans arguing your case...................lol

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
from habs you'd get the 1st, high end prospect and roster player. Maybe Dvorak to fill out your 3C spot - dude has term.
Regardless, none of this is going down until the draft or beyond. If habs pick in the top 5 and that Fla picks drops somewhere around 10-12, I suspect it will be very attractive to winnipeg. Mtl might being inclined to move it then

I don't think hughes wants to risk this. If both parties are genuinely interested in each other, you get it done. Lots of variables in 18 months.

And those variables begin this summer depending on where both of the habs 2023 picks land
Personally, I’d probably be happy with 1st, Dach, Barron

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Realistically, I’d say the trouba trade is a decent comparable plus a tad more and a second

Something like
- a first, where we do have options(mtl 2024 1st top 5 protected, or the fla 2023 first if it ends up 15+ or even the Calgary first in 2025)
- some combination of 2 of these assets Riley.Kidney, luke tuch, Jayden struble and a 2nd
- roster player (jake Evan’s for the lolz)

So the deal essentially boils down to a mid 1st, 2 b tier prospects or picks and a 3/4th liner id be willing to do to get him in and hopefully signed to a more reasonable contract. I’m of the opinion of get him now though where others are definitely fine waiting

Yeah that’s not happening, I love Dubois but unfortunately for the jets his comments has made his value seventy five cents on the dollar

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Realistically, I’d say the trouba trade is a decent comparable plus a tad more and a second

Something like
- a first, where we do have options(mtl 2024 1st top 5 protected, or the fla 2023 first if it ends up 15+ or even the Calgary first in 2025)
- some combination of 2 of these assets Riley.Kidney, luke tuch, Jayden struble and a 2nd
- roster player (jake Evan’s for the lolz)

So the deal essentially boils down to a mid 1st, 2 b tier prospects or picks and a 3/4th liner id be willing to do to get him in and hopefully signed to a more reasonable contract. I’m of the opinion of get him now though where others are definitely fine waiting
That would be the most i would be willing to offer .

Reactions: Colezuki

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I'm sure you would lol.
Dach may be available, if habs draft a C with their top pick, BUT
if the Fla pick is somewhere just outside the top 10, you won't be getting
those two young, promising players imo.
Maybe one, not two.
Habs are very thin at RD.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Every Habs fan is arguing his case. He stated facts. You can't argue with facts. Unless you are Trump?
The Habs win this deal............it is a terrible deal............for Winnipeg

Personally, I hope Dubois re-signs in Winnipeg, and Montreal loses out on another native son

I will just ask 1 other question to Winnipeg fans, just for knowledge.........

Would the Jets take futures? Because I don't think they would, but I could be wrong!

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Personally, I hope Dubois re-signs in Winnipeg, and Montreal loses out on another native son

Would the Jets take futures? Because I don't think they would, but I could be wrong!
Dude, get rid of the periods, its like reading braille

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
It is not "We" buddy, it's "You" LOL

No other Habs fans arguing your case...................lol
Read much? Practically every other Hab fan agrees they will not pay market value for PLD. That's not me that's US.
Oh i forgot . LOL

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

That would never happen! LOL

You really can't blame PLD for professing his love for Montreal. I mean, its understandable. Now, i would say to PLD that its no guarantee. Keep dreaming but Montreal is not obligated to sign you. I will put in a good word though! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: zcaptain

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

If the Habs end up trading for PLD the Habs will end up winning the deal. WE all know that. Good luck on Dubois re-signing in Winnipeg. He's already stated he isn't.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
We will.
We don't care what Habs fans think, but your fan base keeps talking like the Jets have no choice in who they trade to.
Hab fans are not making that claim. Jet fans keep saying the Habs will have to give up a kings ransom for him. Hab fans are saying not a chance trade him to another team but no matter where he goes the Jets are not getting half the value they think because PLD has said he's testing the free market and to add he would really really like to play for the Habs.:D

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Anyone acquiring him also has to assess how he'll work out in the room and off the ice, not just on the ice. This is true with any player, but some more than others. He's been on the ice for all 3 NYI goals after 2 periods this afternoon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad