What Roster changes do you make if Marner doesn't waive?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Then I would seriously have to ask why are we even committing to Matthews/Nylander and hired Berube.
Colorado has been without Landeskog and MacKinnon still put up 140 and made the playoffs.
Tampa played almost an entire year with Kucherov.
Everyone can go then.
Matthews is still a big question, but with his shot you can’t get rid of him right now and have to find someone push him through.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
The team cannot become more balanced without Marner leaving.

HE WANTS TO LEAVE.

The team wants his cap space.

He's leaving.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
The team cannot become more balanced without Marner leaving.

HE WANTS TO LEAVE.

The team wants his cap space.

He's leaving.
8scbyc.jpg

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If Marner doesn't waive
1. Sign him to an 8-year extension (you're crazy if you think we let him walk)
2. Sign one of the UFA RHD (Pesce/Tanev)
3. Sign a 1B for Woll (Stolarz/Brossoit)
4. Fill out the rest of the roster with cheap, one-year prove me deals
5. Wait until Tavares cap is off the books next summer and re-shape roster. Resist the urge to trade futures.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I’m betting the core 5 are already working in a plan to get Berube fired if he is mean to them and hold them accountable

Management has also thought to run this same mess back for the last 8 years so I have little faith in them (Shanny the puppet master)

Man you’re really this down bad? I know we are tired of these guys. But some of y’all act like these guys are the biggest assholes of life. I don’t think they are even 5% as bad as the public perception of them. I think they are probably excited for a guy like Berube

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Man you’re really this down bad? I know we are tired of these guys. But some of y’all act like these guys are the biggest assholes of life. I don’t think they are even 5% as bad as the public perception of them. I think they are probably excited for a guy like Berube
They have done it to 2 coaches already…….just saying.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
They have done it to 2 coaches already…….just saying.

What have they done? Mike Babcock sucked ass and couldn’t adjust and he was a dick. If anything they saved Mike’s job in the playoffs when they won Game 6 the season before.

Keefe spent five years as head coach and won one round. It’s not all on the coaches but the coaches didn’t do themselves any favours by not making adjustments.

Reactions: arso40

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Then I would seriously have to ask why are we even committing to Matthews/Nylander and hired Berube.
Colorado has been without Landeskog and MacKinnon still put up 140 and made the playoffs.
Tampa played almost an entire year with Kucherov.
Everyone can go
So we should expect deep runs. Well I certainly will if we trade Marner, a lot of people claim he is the problem. I’m just saying if Tre. Trades him and then we don’t even qualify, what a joke that would be.
the flipside of yhis is what if they trade Marner snd finally go deep in the playoffs

So we should expect deep runs. Well I certainly will if we trade Marner, a lot of people claim he is the problem. I’m just saying if Tre. Trades him and then we don’t even qualify, what a joke that would be.
The flipside is what if they trade Marner and finally go deep in the playoffs, I get your on team “run it back”, but I think that ship has sailed and has been a total failure, so break up the only part of the team that hasn’t been touched, sounds pretty simple to me…….

Reactions: arso40

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
If Marner doesn't waive
5. Wait until Tavares cap is off the books next summer and re-shape roster. Resist the urge to trade futures.
6. Continue to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

No thanks.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If doesnt waive. Sell some and tank for a year. If we traded next years 1st. Shake our heads

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If Marner doesn't waive
Basically what they’ve been doing for the past few years.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Why would anyone even consider running this nonsense again let alone for another 5-8 years.
However if Marner will not waive we will be stuck running it back for one more year.
It will be a tough year knowing changes are need but unable to do so.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why would anyone even consider running this nonsense again let alone for another 5-8 years.
However if Marner will not waive we will be stuck running it back for one more year.
It will be a tough year knowing changes are need but unable to do so.
Because it sells merchandise. People will still buy stuff with Marner’s face, name or number on it.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The flipside is what if they trade Marner and finally go deep in the playoffs, I get your on team “run it back”, but I think that ship has sailed and has been a total failure, so break up the only part of the team that hasn’t been touched, sounds pretty simple to me…….
I think the new coach will make a big difference. Almost 100% of the posters here think the coach makes no difference, which I find very interesting. Especially after all the fire Keele posts I’ve read..

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think the new coach will make a big difference. Almost 100% of the posters here think the coach makes no difference, which I find very interesting. Especially after all the fire Keele posts I’ve read..
If you think a coach like Berube is going to explode Marner's offensive production you're way off the mark.

Berube is going to be detrimental for individual production but better for team defense. Marner's going to be producing less under him than Keefe (if he's here next season). You really have to wrap your ahead around just how much offensive freedom Keefe gave his guys.

I don't know if you keep forgetting but we've been through this same coaching song and dance before.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There ya go. There probably a lot of truth in that comment
It’s a unique market, there are millions of consumers that don’t even follow the sport. MLSE can use that to their advantage if they convince the fans there’s a new thing

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Because it sells merchandise. People will still buy stuff with Marner’s face, name or number on it.

What kind of person buys Mitch Marner merch? He is the face of Dubas nuhockey. Wimpy play and figure skating type edge work.

Never for a second would I have ever been caught dead buying Marner anything. The only real option on the team is a Matthews jersey. After last season Nylander merch is not so bad either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad