Speculation: What (if anything) does Colorado do about their goaltending?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He is 9th in SV%, 11th in GAA, 4ths in SO, 9th in Wins in his playoff carrer ( starting 07/08 all goalies with 50+ games played)

I had to double check this because it sounded overly flattering and that's out of 17 total goalies lmao, so he's below average in even that selective sample size.

Reactions: dahrougem2

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
I really don't see Sakic give a lot of assets this year for a goalie. He give his 1st + Timmins for Kuemper so all Price trade is impossible to do right now.

As Price Career he will go to see his doctor in NY and i will not be surprise if he don't coming back this season.
As per Kuemper, Price have difficulties to stay healthy.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
What does Montreal’s position have to do with my understanding of the situation? Re-read the message trail and educate yourself sparky!
Did you read the message I was responding to slapnut? Cant figure out the scroll button?

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Mantha + Vanecek for Devon Toews
Toews is a top-pairing defenseman and one of the best complete two-way defenseman in the NHL. That’s not even mentioning that he’s signed to a sweetheart deal for another two seasons after this one and is only 27.

I honestly don’t think there’s any trade of Toews to the Caps that would make any sense for the Avs.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Toews is a top-pairing defenseman and one of the best complete two-way defenseman in the NHL. That’s not even mentioning that he’s signed to a sweetheart deal for another two seasons after this one and is only 27.

I honestly don’t think there’s any trade of Toews to the Caps that would make any sense for the Avs.
Do you really think Devon Toews is one of the best complete two-way defensemen in the NHL?

He's good, but that good? (The conract is very sweet but beside this point.)

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
what?

Trade For a goalie having a worse season and include a 2nd?
Yeah I wouldn’t take Varly for free at this point. He’s a decent goalie who disappears in the postseason and has major injury concerns.

Going backwards is not how the Avs can expect to succeed in the future.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah I wouldn’t take Varly for free at this point. He’s a decent goalie who disappears in the postseason and has major injury concerns.

Going backwards is not how the Avs can expect to succeed in the future.

Varly is terrible in the playoffs, but would consider him in a backup role. Kuemper is always injured and need the insurance.

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
I would look to bring back Varlamov. Varlamov for Keumper and a 2nd?
It is so unfortunate the Avs do not have their second, which incidentally went to the Isles. We just need to change the goalie and the pick. Miska and a 3rd and you’ll thank me later. By the way, retention on Varlamov needs to be around 1.5 mil per year

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Do you really think Devon Toews is one of the best complete two-way defensemen in the NHL?

He's good, but that good? (The conract is very sweet but beside this point.)
Absolutely. He’s easily a top 20D in the NHL

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I would look to bring back Varlamov. Varlamov for Keumper and a 2nd?

I've been pounding on this table for a little while now in the Avs board. But I would want Varly to run tandem with Kuemper.

And Varly having the extra year on his contract buys Sakic some time if Kuemper walks this offseason. Eventually they'll need to find 'their' goaltender of the future to fit in the Avs core, but I have no idea where Sakic is going to pull that out of. The Avs have f*** all for in-house goalie prospects coming up.

Reactions: Alienblood

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You actually thought that was legit proposal?
Nope. And mine wasn’t either. Islanders would need to add obviously.

toews has 20 points in 16 games (1.25 PPG) and leads all NHL defenders in expected goals for and Corsi. Devon Toews is a Norris candidate. He’s a puck moving, PK killing, point producing, top pair D in his prime making just $4.1mm for the next three seasons.

he’s available for trade like Makar and Rantanen are available.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsGuy

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Nope. And mine wasn’t either. Islanders would need to add obviously.

toews has 20 points in 16 games (1.25 PPG) and leads all NHL defenders in expected goals for and Corsi. Devon Toews is a Norris candidate. He’s a puck moving, PK killing, point producing, top pair D in his prime making just $4.1mm for the next three seasons.

he’s available for trade like Makar and Rantanen are available.
Toews would have solved a lot of issues this season since Leddy is gone. Im glad to see him doing well. He was a trooper on the bottom pairing while here, yet had some rough playoff appearances. At the time, it was a fair deal and he’s proven well beyond his contract.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toews would have solved a lot of issues this season since Leddy is gone. Im glad to see him doing well. He was a trooper on the bottom pairing while here, yet had some rough playoff appearances. At the time, it was a fair deal and he’s proven well beyond his contract.
Sakic saw a player that was under utilized and hit a home run off Lou. That was one of Sakic’s most inspired GM moves. Right there with drafting Makar, Byram and Rantanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad