Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I heard that same stuff with Douglas Murray...Douglas Murray hits the guy, then someone else on the opposition just gets the puck. Possession retained.

Did the Kings have absolute possession of the puck against the Rangers when they won the Cup?

No.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I didnt see this posted yet

This morning at practice 1st pp was the Chuckie line, Ghetto-Pleky-Sekac was the 2nd unit

No dd. :naughty:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I didnt see this posted yet

This morning at practice 1st pp was the Chuckie line, Ghetto-Pleky-Sekac was the 2nd unit

No dd. :naughty:

About time MT had a visit from Captain Obvious.
latest

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Patches - Galch - Parenteau
Sekac - Pleks - Gallagher

Prust - DD - Eller (left handed faceoffs)
DD - Eller - Prust (right handed faceoffs)
---
Just make sure Eller is always on DD's right and tell him to shoot a lot.

Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Ghetto forcing the Habs hand here.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Sekac
Ghetto-Plekanec-PAP
DD-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-MM-Weise
Bournival

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
This game vs the Kings is definitely a game where the Habs are truly missing a player like Eller. Especially when his line is able to perform their cycle game and generate some momentum for the team. Looking forward to the day when he's going to come back to the line-up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Eller can't be too far off:

Diane Sauvé @DSauve_rc · 16h 16 hours ago
Lars Eller a patiné avec contact ce matin pendant une heure. #Habs

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If you listen to Therrien's press conference, he's really happy with Glachenyuk's play last game at center and it sounds as though if Galchenyuk keeps playing that way, he'll keep him at center.

Therrien basically says in the past when he's been at center he's changed his game because he's thinking too much, he's too much on his heals. Therrien said he didn't see that from him last game. Last game he was aggressive and playing his usual game.

http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/les-habiletés-ça-ne-s-enseignent-pas-3.1109849

So he actually has a plan for his young player after all... huh... :naughty:

Right or wrong, it does make some sense. We'll see if this lasts though. Haven't seen much of Chucky at centre yet myself, but the bit I did see looked awesome.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
This will be very interesting to see with Andrighetto playing so damn well. I don't want Bournival out either

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This will be very interesting to see with Andrighetto playing so damn well. I don't want Bournival out either

I like Bournival, but he's the odd man out, IMO. This team needs Andrighetto's scoring touch more than another good two-way player.

And for the record, I wouldn't sit Desharnais. He's been leapfrogged by younger, better forwards in the top-six, but he's still a better 3rd line playmaker than Bournival.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I like Bournival, but he's the odd man out, IMO. This team needs Andrighetto's scoring touch more than another good two-way player.

And for the record, I wouldn't sit Desharnais. He's been leapfrogged by younger, better forwards in the top-six, but he's still a better 3rd line playmaker than Bournival.

I dont see how a smaller frame like DD would survive the grinding style Eller plays, he'd get killed playing along the boards all the time.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA

I see your point concerning the offense provided by Andrighetto, but I think Bournivak will be kept before Andrighetto. Andrighetto will have to wait for Desharnais or Parenteau to leave before he gets a full time spot. Here's my lines after eller returns.

Patch-Chucky-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Bournival
Desharnais-Eller-Parenteau
Prust-Malholtra-Weise

Chucky's line gets the easier offensive zone starts. Weise replaces Parenteau during games on though defensive assignments.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I see your point concerning the offense provided by Andrighetto, but I think Bournivak will be kept before Andrighetto. Andrighetto will have to wait for Desharnais or Parenteau to leave before he gets a full time spot. Here's my lines after eller returns.

Patch-Chucky-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Bournival
Prust-Malholtra-Weise

Chucky's line gets the easier offensive zone starts. Weise replaces Parenteau during games on though defensive assignments.

imo it's probably between Bournival and Andrighetto for that last forward spot.

If Andrighetto can keep creating offense I think he HAS to be in the lineup. We're 22nd in the league in goals for.

But, I think it should be between Bournival, Andrighetto, and Parenteau for the last 2 spots. In fact I think it should be between Bournival, Andrighetto, Parenteau, Desharnais and Hudon for the last 3 spots. 2 will have to sit if we're healthy.

And, Wiese, Prust, and even Malhotra shouldn't be untouchable if Bournival, Hudon, Andrighetto, Desharnais, and Parenteau are all playing well.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Patch-Chucky-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Bournival
Prust-Malholtra-Weise

Another option is to play Pleks and Eller as the top two centres, and for each of them to get one of the two top talents alongside them.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise/Bournival

OR: a 3-line stategy
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher (EGG)
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac (Eurythmics)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau (Legacy)

with Pacioretty replacing Eller or Gallagher on the first PP unit, and the guy who is bumped moving to the second unit with Sekac and Plekanec

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Another option is to play Pleks and Eller as the top two centres, and for each of them to get one of the two top talents alongside them.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Parenteau

OR: a 3-line stategy
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher (EGG)
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac (Eurythmics)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau (Legacy)

with Pacioretty replacing Eller or Gallagher on the first PP unit, and the guy who is bumped moving to the second unit with Sekac and Plekanec

Or Maybe it's finally time to see what Pleks-Pacioretty can do? They really do seem to understand each other, at least on the PK.

Pacioretty Plekanec Sekac (tough matchups)
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher (d-zone, support Plekanec)
Andrighetto Desharnais Parenteau (exploitation line: o-zone starts, soft matchups)
Prust Malholtra Weise (d-zone draws/energy option)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Or Maybe it's finally time to see what Pleks-Pacioretty can do? They really do seem to understand each other, at least on the PK.

Pacioretty Plekanec Sekac (tough matchups)
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher (d-zone, support Plekanec)
Andrighetto Desharnais Parenteau (exploitation line: o-zone starts, soft matchups)
Prust Malholtra Weise (d-zone draws/energy option)

A decent structure as well.

There is a lot of flexibility with this roster. Desharnais has his place in a top-9 without much PP time unless earned, and Andrighetto gives us another scoring option.

The emergence of Sekac, the improvement of Galchenyuk, and the maturity of Eller are combining very, very nicely.

Now, for one more piece on defence.....oh look, it might be Beaulieu!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
People who think Galchenyuk should play any position other than centre from here on out are nuts. Do they not see what he does in the neutral zone with the puck? Can you not see what he does with the puck down low or between the hashmarks?

Why on earth would anyone want him back on the wing, I don't get it.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
We are finally seeing Galch playing C and playing well as 1st C.
Frankly, at this point, even when Eller comes back, I do not want to see Galch playing any other role other than to continue as C.
If we are to use Eller as 3rd C, I would want DD to play his wing. And for all those that complain about DD not handling the boards if Eller is his C...would it matter? I mean, in general, Eller goes from the boards on one side and carries it to the other side boards...don't think you would need anyone else on the boards ;)
If we keep DD as 3rd C, try Eller as his wing for 5-10 games and see how he does. Yes, he looked bad his other times but did he really have time to adjust? Give it some time before making a decision.
Pleks of course is 2nd C unless given Patches...which would make the line the 1st line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad