Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I really think this time, Galchenyuk will prove that he's a better center than Desharnais right now. Thus, with Pleks and Eller also having spots, Desharnais will be tried on the wing.

He will be competing against Parenteau, Andrighetto, Hudon (yes he'll be in the mix shortly), Bournival, Wiese and Prust for the final 5 wing spots. (Pacioretty, Gallagher, Sekac are ahead of the pack).

That's 7 wingers competing for 5 spots, if everyone is healthy.

Which 2 will sit? Honestly I like them all.

I think Bournival's speed adds that extra bit of speed that puts us up there with Tampa and the rangers as among the fastest teams in the league.

Prust and Wiese add energy and toughness.

Imo Desharnais will be able to add offense from the wing.

Andrighetto and Hudon I could see proving they're ahead of the other 5 in terms of generating offense.

Parenteau may be my least favorite. Slow, and hasn't done much offensively lately. Although he does keep our top 9 from getting too small and is good in his own zone.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
I like having DD as insurance in case of injury, especially to one of the centers. But he'll have to perform on wing when Eller is back.

I'd try:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Parenteau
Sekac - Eller - Desharnais
Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I like having DD as insurance in case of injury, especially to one of the centers. But he'll have to perform on wing when Eller is back.

I'd try:

Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

I could see Desharnais and Plekanec having good chemistry. But I want to see the Plekanec-Andrighetto duo a little longer, and you can't add a small Desharnais to that.

whatever7

Sep 28, 2013
That interview reminded that me that Norman Flynn isn't half bad

Edit: Nvm saw in another thread that he didn't want pacio and dd separated last week...

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If you listen to Therrien's press conference, he's really happy with Glachenyuk's play last game at center and it sounds as though if Galchenyuk keeps playing that way, he'll keep him at center.

Therrien basically says in the past when he's been at center he's changed his game because he's thinking too much, he's too much on his heals. Therrien said he didn't see that from him last game. Last game he was aggressive and playing his usual game.

http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/les-habiletés-ça-ne-s-enseignent-pas-3.1109849

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I'd try:

Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

Those are my lines too. But, I'd switch Sekac and Desharnais.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

I'd try:

Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

dd on his off wing would be a breakout nightmare, switch dd and Sekac

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-gallagher( skill, speed, net presence)

Andrighetto-plekanec-sekac ( skill, speed, hardworking, good defensive game)

Bournival-eller-Parenteau ( good possession line that can chip in on the offence )

Prust-malhotra-weise ( reliable on defense, grit )

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013

I'd try:

Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Bournival

Sekac has the better shot, so I'd put him on the right side.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Eller or Desharnais will play wing on the 3rd line. Bournival should probably play over Prust, but likely won't.

I like the lines with a Top-9 who can score on any shift. We already lack scoring, we need this. I can't wait for Eller to come back.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Michelangelo
hahahahahahahahahhahaha amazing.

Either DD plays wing when Lars comes back or he can GTFO
I'm not sure what will happen, but losing a centre would be bad for our team, IMO. As long as Therrien can get the best out of Eller or Desharnais on the wing, I don't want to lose either.

If Galchenyuk or Plekanec gets hurt long-term, Desharnais is traded.... who plays 3rd line C? We're going to have some big problems, IMO. Center, IMO, is both our strongest and weakest position. Strong because we have four NHL capable players in the lineup, weakest because there's nothing real in Hamilton.

We'd be using Bournival as a C, who hasn't really got much work there. Prust, who looks awful everytime he plays there. Andrighetto, who didn't look NHL ready until moved to wing. Hudon, who would probably be the same. And the most likely choice, Manny Malhotra.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
If you listen to Therrien's press conference, he's really happy with Glachenyuk's play last game at center and it sounds as though if Galchenyuk keeps playing that way, he'll keep him at center.

Therrien basically says in the past when he's been at center he's changed his game because he's thinking too much, he's too much on his heals. Therrien said he didn't see that from him last game. Last game he was aggressive and playing his usual game.

Wow the answer to that first question about Galchenyuk was actually spot on... Therrien actually saying something in an interview :amazed:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wow the answer to that first question about Galchenyuk was actually spot on... Therrien actually saying something in an interview :amazed:

I don't understand. Therrien felt he changed his game when he put Galchenyuk at center for 4 shifts??? Before that, it was during pre-season. I went to one of those games and he was centering Max. They dominated like they did Tuesday.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't understand. Therrien felt he changed his game when he put Galchenyuk at center for 4 shifts??? Before that, it was during pre-season. I went to one of those games and he was centering Max. They dominated like they did Tuesday.

A lot of things coming from MT make no sense at all. For example, pretty much everything he's said about PK.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The scary part right there -- so much riding on the one game. How much rope will Galchenyuk get if he misses a defensive assignment that leads to a goal? Takes too many retaliatory penalties, esp. at critical junctures? Slumps?

It's always tempting to extrapolate from the positives emerging from such a small sample size. If Galchenyuk is to be a fixture, he needs to be afforded a modicum of latitude.

Nynja*

That is a true statement that you made. And I agree with you.

However, during the game, there are changes of possession, regardless of how good a team is with keeping possession. One of the best ways to regain possession is to knock a player off of the puck.

Hitting can help regain possession and can cause a little physical discomfort for the forwards on the other team as well.

I heard that same stuff with Douglas Murray...Douglas Murray hits the guy, then someone else on the opposition just gets the puck. Possession retained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad