Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
Eller 1st in the NHL with 4 Game Winners this Year :amazed: now if he could balance the rest of his play like this :yo:

amude38

Aug 6, 2010
i'd do
Patches - Galchenyuk - PAP
DD - Plekanec - Gallagher ( the smurf line)
Ghetto - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
the thing that is as funny as the DD's fans are the Eller's fans..Always putting the best wingers with Lars, and the rest with Plek.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
the thing that is as funny as the DD's fans are the Eller's fans..Always putting the best wingers with Lars, and the rest with Plek.

...I don't see anyone putting Pacioretty with Eller...Sekac was fantastic with Eller, so people wonder why break them up...but it would be an absolute shame for Eller to get any of the Li'l Davey treatment, right??...:laugh:

...funny the excuses people come up with when the bell starts tolling...:laugh:

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
...I don't see anyone putting Pacioretty with Eller...Sekac was fantastic with Eller, so people wonder why break them up...but it would be an absolute shame for Eller to get any of the Li'l Davey treatment, right??...:laugh:

...funny the excuses people come up with when the bell starts tolling...:laugh:

i don't care about DD,a line of Plek-Bournival-Parenteau is funny :laugh:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Really? The only funny thing here is the DD fans who's last line of the defense is to attack and undervalue Lars Eller to justify DD's continued place on the roster.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I'd like to see ( knowing that DD will be in the lineup with MT)

Patche-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
DD-Eller-Sekac
Ghetto-Plekanec-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise ( with Bournival instead of Prust/Weise)

This is what I'd like to see, I also really like what Bourni brings but theres just no way to fit him in the lineup right now without taking a vet like Prust or Weise out, wont happen.

I think dd could be a good fit along Eller, it remains to be seen how he'd look at LW but he's actually really good at puck protection and controlling the boards for a small guy, thats what Lars's game is all about, Sekac is no slouch at it either. I think they could pin a lot of teams deep in their zone, once they do that you ideally send the Chuckie line on most offensive faceoffs.

Its sad to think about but Eller played with very few players with dd's offensive abilities since he's been here, I'd like to at least see how they would fare together.

What I expect to see is Ghetto sent back down, Bourni in for most games, dd at C and Eller at wing.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
This is how I'd do it:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Bournival-Eller-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
(Desharnais)

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Gonchar
(Emelin)

Price
(Tokarski)

Emelin #7? Seriously?

The Habs are Charmin soft right now as it is, especially with the loss of Eller and the addition of Andrighetto, an offensive minded forward with an allergy to contact.

Emelin leads the team with 83 hits. The next highest Habs player for hitting is Pacioretty with 48 and Galchenyuk with 44. The next highest hit total for DMen after Emelin is Subban with 36 in 30 games. Softest D in the NHL.

And before you say Tinordi, he had 11 hits in 9 games so that would put him at a pace of Weaver or Dale Weise who have 29 and 35 hits respectively.

Not to mention that the only DMen with more points than Emelin on the team are Subban and Markov.

Your post surprises me.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
if you were fine with a 40 pts player as 1st line C, pretty sure you'll be OK with a 30 pts 2nd line C :naughty:

i was not fine with it, and i'm not fine with Plek becoming the third center. But maybe a trade will happen to settle the situation. We would obtain a winger to play with Eller or Plek.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Emelin #7? Seriously?

The Habs are Charmin soft right now as it is, especially with the loss of Eller and the addition of Andrighetto, an offensive minded forward with an allergy to contact.

Emelin leads the team with 83 hits. The next highest Habs player for hitting is Pacioretty with 48 and Galchenyuk with 44. The next highest hit total for DMen after Emelin is Subban with 36 in 30 games. Softest D in the NHL.

And before you say Tinordi, he had 11 hits in 9 games so that would put him at a pace of Weaver or Dale Weise who have 29 and 35 hits respectively.

Not to mention that the only DMen with more points than Emelin on the team are Subban and Markov.

Your post surprises me.

Tinordi and Beaulieu make the back end far from soft. Tinner is a man beast and Brolieu has a mean streak. The only soft players are Markov, Gilbert and Gonchar and I don't see how Emelin fixes that.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Tinordi and Beaulieu make the back end far from soft. Tinner is a man beast and Brolieu has a mean streak. The only soft players are Markov, Gilbert and Gonchar and I don't see how Emelin fixes that.

You can have a mean streak and still be soft.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Guy sucks as a winger.

Eller will keep the same role.

Unless there's a plethora of PP I would assume that given Galchenyuk and Plekanec as #1/#2 and suppose DD scratched Eller wouldn't see PP time.

Well maybe be does and maybe he doesn't. He certainly hasn't played much at non-centre positions.

People were still saying 2 days ago that Chucky can't handle face offs, isn't ready to play centre.... bla bla bla. It's also being said that DD can't play wing.

Better to try guys at different positions and give them a chance to succeed rather than just make blind assumptions.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Really? The only funny thing here is the DD fans who's last line of the defense is to attack and undervalue Lars Eller to justify DD's continued place on the roster.
So what? The Des fans have no say on the lineup.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Well maybe be does and maybe he doesn't. He certainly hasn't played much at non-centre positions.

People were still saying 2 days ago that Chucky can't handle face offs, isn't ready to play centre.... bla bla bla. It's also being said that DD can't play wing.

Better to try guys at different positions and give them a chance to succeed rather than just make blind assumptions.

We tried Eller at wing though. It almost looked like he'd get his head knocked off with a big hit. He looked out of place IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad