Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
According to The Bleacher Report - DD is mostly likely the player to be Traded by the HABS

Thanks for the heads up.

From the same piece:

There's a premium on centres on the trade market, so general manager Don Maloney should be able to land a decent return.

Reasonable return: A deal involving Vermette is likely to fetch a package in return, one centered around either a first-round draft pick or a high-end prospect and featuring at least one other asset with reasonable value. Knowing the Coyotes, that other asset might be a reasonably priced depth centre who can take some of Vermette's minutes.

The latter part would make DD a fit for them. However, I have don't know how reliable the writer of the piece is (Jonathan Willis who fashions himself as "NHL National Columnist").

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
No one knows how long Eller is out for, and people already worrying about what happens when he's back.

It's something I'd worry about 2 weeks before he's due to be back. If he's out for 3-4 months, why worry about March/April? Worry about December/January/Febuary instead. If the habs from here on out play .700+++ hockey with the lines as projected (Pens are playing .722 for comparison, so I'm setting the bar pretty high) with advanced stats backing up the wins , sorry to Lars, but I wouldnt change anything. I'm pretty sure even MB would sit him down and say "look, the team is playing amazing, everything is clicking, we're not in any position to change anything. You're an integral part of the teams future, thats why I signed you long term, but as long as the team is playing like this, theres no reason to change anything".

With both guys signed to long term contracts at $3.5 million per year cap hit, I don't think either one will be sitting much. If one of them isn't traded, then you would likely see Bournival, Andrighetto or one of the other lesser lights riding the pines.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
1-2 weeks, so less than a month at the most.

OK, then Tangradi back to Hamilton, and a killer top-9

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Malhotra-Weise
Desharnais

For the PP, replace Gallagher with Pacioretty on the first unit.

Gally, Eller, Cakes, Parenteau, and even Andrighetto can compete for second wave time. May the best men win!

Desharnais available in case one of our top 9 goes down. He is not a 4th line player of course, but he could go to the third line, and Prust drop to 4th if a 4th liner drops.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This is how I'd do it:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Bournival-Eller-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
(Desharnais)

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Gonchar
(Emelin)

Price
(Tokarski)

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To Phoenix: Desharnais and a 3rd round pick
To Montreal: Vermette

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Plekanec - Parenteau

Vermette - Eller - Sekac

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

*** LOOKING AT OUR LINEUP I WOULD SAY THAT WE'RE MISSING A LEGITIMATE THREAT ON THE 2ND LINE..

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think when Eller gets back, he has to play with Sekac and Prust. That line was so good and a perfect 3rd line.

They'll just have to find another fit for Plekanec, whether Parenteau or by trade.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Once Lars comes back, one of DD or Eller will move to wing until a trade happens... Until further notice, moving DD to the 3rd line has shrunk a very big problem into a small manageable problem...

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I assume that, when Eller comes back, Andrighetto most likely headed back to Hamilton. Whether the fans think its fair or the right thing to do doesn't matter.

If that were the case I'd go with:

Desharnais-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Malholtra-Weise
Tangradi

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
This is how I'd do it:

Bournival-Eller-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
(Desharnais)

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Gonchar
(Emelin)

Price
(Tokarski)

this is what Therrien should put together with the tools he has. Ideally though you trade for a veteran wing. Our forwards are maybe a little too young. It's great for their development, but I think it would hurt them come playoff time.

My Christmas wish list is a top 2 line vet, right handed, with size, who can finish.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is how I'd do it:

Bournival-Eller-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
(Desharnais)

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Gonchar
(Emelin)

Price
(Tokarski)
I like it. Couple of minor changes... I'd keep Sekac with Eller. They worked well together. I don't think I'd want to bench Emelin quite yet.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
This is how I'd do it:

Bournival-Eller-PAP
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
(Desharnais)

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Gonchar
(Emelin)

Price
(Tokarski)

I honestly think Gilbert is pretty bad. I'd rather have Emelin as #4. Provided beaulieu can stay the course.

Windymind

Aug 2, 2010
I assume that, when Eller comes back, Andrighetto most likely headed back to Hamilton. Whether the fans think its fair or the right thing to do doesn't matter.

If that were the case I'd go with:

Desharnais-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Bournival-Malholtra-Weise
Tangradi

What if we keep Andrighetto? This might be naive but:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Plekanec - Sekac
Andrighetto - Desharnais - Parenteau
Prust Malhotra Weise
Bournival

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
That's maybe another idea:

Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Eller-Weise
Malhotra

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gonchar
Beaulieu-Weaver/Gilbert
Allen

Tangradi to Hamilton

That is probably what will happen right when he get back but it could change depending on the result.

Windymind

Aug 2, 2010
That is probably what will happen right when he get back but it could change depending on the result.

I'd rather see Eller at wing on the 2nd line than center on the 4th. As I remember he was really descent as a winger, right?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't think people realize the importance of Lars Eller as the 3rd line center. 2nd line wing would be a mistake imo
Completely agree. He's got the best possession numbers on the team and he's been played in a checking role. Why in the world would we move this guy to the wing? Esp when he and Sekac work great together.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
If Galchenyuk continue at center, and i hope so..Sekac will stay with Plek. I'd try DD with Eller, and then we would see. Always time to trade the little guy.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Completely agree. He's got the best possession numbers on the team and he's been played in a checking role. Why in the world would we move this guy to the wing? Esp when he and Sekac work great together.

Actually, the best reason to not move him to wing is that he sucks at wing and is good at center.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto/Gallagher
Pacioretty- Galchenyuk - Gallagher/Andrighetto
Bournival/Prust - Eller - Weise/Parenteau
Bournival/Prust - Malhotra - Weise/Parenteau
DD

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad