Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...all depends; if Larry comes back to a lineup that isn't wining games or playing well, Sven gets the boot back down to the Dogs and everything goes back to what it was... :cry:

...if Larry comes back to a lineup that is winning games and playing well:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bournival - Eller - Parenteau
Prust - Malholtra - Weise

...and Desharnais:

well-bye-o.gif

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
...all depends; if Larry comes back to a lineup that isn't wining games or playing well, Sven gets the boot back down to the Dogs and everything goes back to what it was... :cry:

...if Larry comes back to a lineup that is winning games and playing well:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Sekac - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Bournival - Eller - Parenteau
Prust - Malholtra - Weise

...and Desharnais:

well-bye-o.gif

If the current lineup brings wins and plays well, chances are, DD's line will have something to do with it...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I've long thought that Desharnais might be a good winger for Eller.

No thank you.
DD can play on a fourth line with MM and whoever.
I'm pretty sure Manny has played the wing before.
He still gets the face off duties obviously.
We are still a fairly good faceoff team without him.
So we could conceivably sit him and play DD between Prust and Weise like we did Briere! ;)

I've dreamed about this ****....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
The thing is that even if Galchenyuk is taken off that line, we know that this is his spot in the near future. Should Desharnais be placed on the 2nd line? No, Plekanec is a better 2nd line centre than him. Should he be placed on the 3rd line? No, Eller is a better 3rd centre than him. 4th line? No, he shouldn't ever play on a 4th line. And he can't play wing. And even if he could I don't want that type of player as a top 6 or even top 9 winger. Which spot does it leave him with? None.

I like how you think but your conclusion is incorrect
There is definitely a spot for DD somewhere
He can be on any of our ECHL/AHL teams
Providing that Galchenyuk at center works out of course
If not then DD is once again anointed 1C status cuz we aint got no one better

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
Personally I like DD but it's getting to a point where business is business and he might have to go.

I see Desharnais as a decent 3C. The problem is Eller is also a 3C and you aren't going to choose DD over Eller. I don't think desharnais style fits being a winger either, he's not going to go in the corners and get dirty and retrieve pucks. He's a playmaker.. I could be wrong and he could work at wing.. But otherwise I don't see a place for him, it hurts because I actually really liked him on this team but it is what it is.

dd gets a lot of flak on these boards but he is what he is.. A 40 point player making 3.5 million, it's not terrible and he might fit on another team.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
With Therrien as head coach, Lars Eller comes back our line up will be: :sarcasm:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac
Galchenyuk-Bournival-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Weise

Malholtra Tangradi

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Personally I like DD but it's getting to a point where business is business and he might have to go.

I see Desharnais as a decent 3C. The problem is Eller is also a 3C and you aren't going to choose DD over Eller. I don't think desharnais style fits being a winger either, he's not going to go in the corners and get dirty and retrieve pucks. He's a playmaker.. I could be wrong and he could work at wing.. But otherwise I don't see a place for him, it hurts because I actually really liked him on this team but it is what it is.

dd gets a lot of flak on these boards but he is what he is.. A 40 point player making 3.5 million, it's not terrible and he might fit on another team.

From your mouth to the good lord's ears
May he infect some other GM with DDitis

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
When Eller comes back, he becomes a top-6 center, and Bournival, Andrighetto and Weise fight for one spot on the third line and one spot on the fourth line.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Andrighetto/Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Malholtra-Weise/Bournival
Bournival/Andrighetto/Weise

Stick to baseball, coach….

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Chuckie Patches PaP
Eller Sekac Gally
Pleks Ghetto Prust
MM Weise tangradi

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
statistically DD is not a bad player. But if you watch the games, all of his points come from Pacioretty. Pac does most of the work in the corner, in return DD instead of shooting pass the Pac and leech onto Pac.

I would love to see Plekanec and Pacioretty together. Remember that penalty kill goal?

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Andrighetto-Galchenyuk-Gallagher (let the kids play)
Sekec-Eller-Weise (Sek and Eli are great together)
Prust-Malhotra-Bournival

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gonchar
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Weaver-Gilbert

(personally I think Tinordi or Beaulieu will benefit playing with Gonchar)

Price
Tokarski

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
DD is everything that is wrong with the Habs. I am sure he is a nice young man but this is the business of hockey and in that regard DD brings nothing. Too small, not very fast. Rarely scores. Average defensively. With a player like him eating top 6 minutes the Montreal Canadiens will not seriously compete for the Cup.
He is like the coach's kid, every parent can see that their kid is better but the coach's kid gets the most ice time, the most power play time. Don't think for one minute the other players don't notice the coach and his favoritism. This can't go on.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Except that he won't be a 40 pts player as a third center. He is a 45-50 pts player IF he plays with the best wingers and on every PP. How many 3rd center gets that luxury?

If DD is out of the top 6, he'd be a 25-30 pts player that doesn't bring anything else. That's kinda expensive for undersize, unidimensional player.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Except that he won't be a 40 pts player as a third center. He is a 45-50 pts player IF he plays with the best wingers and on every PP. How many 3rd center gets that luxury?

If DD is out of the top 6, he'd be a 25-30 pts player that doesn't bring anything else. That's kinda expensive for undersize, unidimensional player.

Lol exactly, 3.5 million 40 pt players are generally not gifted all the offensive opportunities to reach that number. He's like a 25 pt player disguised as a 40 pt player while shifting all our other centres back one spot to accommodate him :help:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...if Desharnais does well @ #3C (and Chucky lights it up @ #1C, like we all hope he does), then we have a really good problem...4 Top 9 centres; a prime trade target...;)

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA

OMG, Desharnais is never going to be a good winger on anybody's line. He's too slow, too weak to ever be a useful winger. You guys have to open your eyes. If the Galchenyuk-at-center experiment is successful, it's over for DD. 2015-2016 Habs will not have DD in the lineup.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
^Desharnais has some smarts and passing skills, if he played LW on the third line with two bigger possession guys he might be able to chip in some offense. Anyway worth a try why not?

IMO Centres should be:
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
Malhotra

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Of course but if many believe DD has zero(or negative) value, now what?:laugh:

Many fear that because Desharnais has little or no market value that we should keep him and trade Eller or Plekanec, which seems questionable reasoning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad