What can we do to get Keefe fired.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Because we aren't as bad as people want to believe, and we play well on the road.
We also pay players like we are Stanley Cup contenders
Let's face it .we are the Yankees cowboys real Madrid Manchester united
Give leaf Nation fans enuff to pay the obscene money to keep the zzzzZMSLE BOARD HAPPY

Reactions: DarkKnight

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wouldn't call myself a Keefe fan, but also don't quite share the desire to immediately fire him.

He's not responsible for Sammy falling off a cliff, nor is he responsible for building the offseason's D core

Reactions: WildWolfdog

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Looks like we don't have to do anything to get Keefe fired, he is doing it all on his own.

I wouldn't call myself a Keefe fan, but also don't quite share the desire to immediately fire him.

He's not responsible for Sammy falling off a cliff, nor is he responsible for building the offseason's D core
He is 100% responsible for all of it. He's the coach. He is the one that imparted a flawed system.

Reactions: diceman934

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The blown leads means he cant identify where his players can tighten up.

The lazy plays means no consequence once back on the bench or locker room.

Listen to Keefe during the media scrums - guy has a shaky voice and doesn't seem certain of anything. Sportsnet even said, loading up your top guys over and over and over again is desperate and then changing them so much another game is crazy.

Be sure of what you're trying to do.

Guy has been in way over his head since.
CBJ and Habs losses shouldve been it.
But Dubas is a soyboy and is selfishly all for his own agenda.

Keefe :

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Reilly,
Hyman, Kadri, JVR, Schenn, RoR at earlier times

are the ONLY reasons why he has had a job over the years.

Everytime its a battle of coaching he loses.

How much longer can we scream this lmao

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
"We played a great hockey game and I’m very pleased with the effort".

This is what a loser mentality sounds like. Your team just gave up a fourth lead in as many games. Now sitting at an even .500 with a 21-21 record.

The head coach should be pissed.

Not this loser though. The Leafs will never win anything with Keefe. He's a minor league coach who never should have been given top job in the NHL.

It doesn't matter if the team improved under his tenure either.

Nobody should be happy with just a better hockey team. The fans should be demanding the highest level of performance. If the team didn't get any better during his time here Keefe would have been remembered as one of the worst coaches in Leafs history for failing to win anything with the outstanding roster he was provided.

As is he's close.

TMLisSRYinGerman

Aug 4, 2020
We also pay players like we are Stanley Cup contenders
Let's face it .we are the Yankees cowboys real Madrid Manchester united
Give leaf Nation fans enuff to pay the obscene money to keep the zzzzZMSLE BOARD HAPPY
Real Madrid? We can only dream about winning as much as they did the last years.

Reactions: hullsy47

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Listen to Keefe during the media scrums - guy has a shaky voice and doesn't seem certain of anything. Sportsnet even said, loading up your top guys over and over and over again is desperate and then changing them so much another game is crazy.

Keefe :

Keefe never coached JVR btw. JVR left as a free agent before Keefe was hired

Agree with the rest of your point

I think it’s time for a different voice. We really only have 1 bullet in the chamber. I rather them fire a coach then spend assets at the trade deadline tbh.

Reactions: Menzinger

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Keefe doesn't seem too worried about last night's game:

The coach ran through Tuesday's near misses: Tyler Bertuzzi's missed tap-in, Pontus Holmberg's stopped one-timer, and William Nylander hitting iron on a breakaway.

"We play that game over, we're gonna score four or five a lot of nights," Keefe said.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Even with a game or two in hand, if we find ourselves outside the playoff race at any point, we need to fire Keefe. How would that be acceptable by this management group after investing so much into this group of players and thinking we’re serious Stanley Cup contenders? We’re officially over the halfway point of the season and find ourselves 1 point above the wildcard spots.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Keefe :

Apparently forever and as loud as we care to.

It's pretty obvious the guy is a trash coach but they just keep running with it.

This is where if you have a smart owner of the team, he steps in (After the MTL series) and forces the hand and fires Keefe, or Dubas etc. Corporate owners that sell products that everyone use are sitting around the table weighing in public opinion before they do anything. Nobody wants to rock the boat.

Stavro got things done. TPP trash, Rogers Bell trash (Even with being absolutely blessed at the draft)

Anyone think Mike Ilitch down in Detroit would have accepted this management or coaching? No freaking way.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
After this Sunday the Leafs don't play again until next Wednesday.

If they totally crap the bed over these next few days then Wednesday would be the day to expect a new coach.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
After this Sunday the Leafs don't play again until next Wednesday.

If they totally crap the bed over these next few days then Wednesday would be the day to expect a new coach.

I can't think of a single team with the amount of stars we have and the inconsistent play we get, that would not have fired this guy long ago. Not a single damn team would endure or make the fans suffer through this absolute joke. The guy is the worst coach I have ever seen that has been given term. The man is riding the coat-tails of 4 star players and falls flat in the PO's every single year..

I mean, enough is enough already.

Reactions: BallardEra

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If they make a change, it'll probably happen after the Winnipeg games/during the break.

Why would they wait, just do it now and shock the entitled pricks. Put Boucher behind the helm for now and light a fire. Work on Berube.

Just more hummms and haaawwws and nail biting by a weak organization.

Reactions: BallardEra

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
If they make a change, it'll probably happen after the Winnipeg games/during the break.
I think you do it before the break. This way you send the players away for the holidays knowing that shit just got real.

Sip on that pina colada in your flip flops but your mind is on the fact that the coach got fired and the heat is on.

Reactions: ToneDog and thewave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad