What can we do to get Keefe fired.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I've got no idea who you could go with. The same old names aren't very appealing.

If does happen, all things point to Boucher, but I'm not sure of him

Adam Oates has intrigued me as a coach. He seems like a smart guy who would know how to both relate to the stars and also have the clout to take more action with them at times.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Boucher as interim coach. then see if Cooper is available in the off-season.

Q is available now, but I am not sure the image conscious organization would consider him. Then again, Peddie might and he is in charge now.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Neutral fan here in peace, if I may. I watch a lot of Leafs games and I like rooting for the team when they're not playing the Rangers.

I don't think coaching is your issue here gents. I think roster construction is the main problem. You have too many regular season heroes on this roster and not enough playoff type players. You guys need a Stone, a Trocheck, a Nichuskin, a Tom Wilson. A guy with some skill but just as much grit. Bertuzzi I thought could be that guy but he's pretty undersized for that role and isn't exactly a punishing checker. I've been pretty disappointed with him this year to be honest.

I know you just resigned him but one of Nylander/Tavares/Marner needs to go to allocate that cap out to the rest of the roster. Easier said than done obviously but the skill to grit ratio on this team is off, IMO

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Even if Treliving and Shanahan are on board with firing Sheldon I'm not sure how eager the Rogers side of MLSE will be to do it. Word is Ed Rogers was extremely tilted having to pay Babcock all that money to do nothing for four years. Keefe's contract extension is shorter and cheaper but MLSE would still have to pay him for the next two years.

Either way, we need to rectify this mistake of not firing him this off-season. Berube is currently available and a new coach bump could have this team looking good again.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Berube or Quenneville if this club is serious, but I don't believe they are. Imagine Mitch Marner playing for Craig Berube.
He will waive his NTC and NMC, lol.

If the Leafs decide they want him and he wants to come here, the league will reinstate him.
Imagine having Q as coach, then Toews and Perry signing for 850k each to fill up the 4th line.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Even if Treliving and Shanahan are on board with firing Sheldon I'm not sure how eager the Rogers side of MLSE will be to do it. Word is Ed Rogers was extremely tilted having to pay Babcock all that money to do nothing for four years. Keefe's contract extension is shorter and cheaper but MLSE would still have to pay him for the next two years.

Either way, we need to rectify this mistake of not firing him this off-season. Berube is currently available and a new coach bump could have this team looking good again.
They won't though because he'll be in Pittsburgh before next season starts.

Reactions: OddyOh

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's not Keefe.

It's the lineup.

We are top heavy. And the players we spend money on are soft and lack compete. There is no coaching solution to this problem.
Well, I think a lot of the goals against are mistakes from players. Hence, did the players had brainfarts, opposing players forced them into errors or Keefe asking them to do something above their capacity? It is a bit of all but thats how coaching can come in and help, something I have not seen from Keefe and his staff.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Even if Treliving and Shanahan are on board with firing Sheldon I'm not sure how eager the Rogers side of MLSE will be to do it. Word is Ed Rogers was extremely tilted having to pay Babcock all that money to do nothing for four years.

Got any proof of that?

It's not Keefe.

It's the lineup.

We are top heavy. And the players we spend money on are soft and lack compete. There is no coaching solution to this problem.

When did 'compete' become a noun?

Reactions: definedMF

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Neutral fan here in peace, if I may. I watch a lot of Leafs games and I like rooting for the team when they're not playing the Rangers.

I don't think coaching is your issue here gents. I think roster construction is the main problem. You have too many regular season heroes on this roster and not enough playoff type players. You guys need a Stone, a Trocheck, a Nichuskin, a Tom Wilson. A guy with some skill but just as much grit. Bertuzzi I thought could be that guy but he's pretty undersized for that role and isn't exactly a punishing checker. I've been pretty disappointed with him this year to be honest.

I know you just resigned him but one of Nylander/Tavares/Marner needs to go to allocate that cap out to the rest of the roster. Easier said than done obviously but the skill to grit ratio on this team is off, IMO
Thanks to a boneheaded decision, the Leafs now have no choice but to wait for Tavares' contract to expire before they can make a change like this. Nylander has a NMC starting in the new year, and Marner has an NMC until next year. Tavares has an NMC until next year as well. They really should have traded Nylander this year and then split Matthews and Marner up onto separate lines, like Chicago did with Kane and Toews.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
There is likely to be one thing in particular...and I'd really rather not see that occur (even if I'm not always enthusiastic about Keefe's coaching acumen).

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It is not that Keefe is bad it is that the core need a new voice. A few tweaks on D. And a better in game coach. (and not Samsonov) Someone who have the gutz to hold the best on the team acountable, besides Nylander.

Last night he should have put Tavares on the third line. Marner up with Matthews. How the fck after all these years with Nylander dont he understand what he need to do to get the most ut of Nylander. Give him the second line, without Tavares.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Jay Woodcroft is a name ive heard Oilersfans being afraid that we get if Keefe gets fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad