What can we do to get Keefe fired.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
People need to understand that there's little value tearing down your team in the media and you can't do it all that often. These clips feel like a coach who knows the mood is down and see's little value piling on.

I'm sure it would make fans feel better, maybe even Keefe himself to say they look like dog shit, but does it improve their play any?

I agree but Keefe needs to rip on them now. He’s never tried it cause he had to apologize the last time.

I wouldn’t care at this point and destroy one of these guys in the media. Even from a strategic perspective.

Maybe that will get the guys to rally around the player and play hard. Keefe gives way too many outs to a group that is always letting him down.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I agree but Keefe needs to rip on them now. He’s never tried it cause he had to apologize the last time.

I wouldn’t care at this point and destroy one of these guys in the media. Even from a strategic perspective.

Maybe that will get the guys to rally around the player and play hard. Keefe gives way too many outs to a group that is always letting him down.
Fans are emotional as you're showing. You want your coach to be more calculated in the approach while thinking of the bigger picture.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah that’s not good. A shot at management?

Hard to blame him for taking shots after the mishmash off-season. You could really tell Tre didn't understand the team yet.....

But to be fair Sheldon, I know he's struggling but if you're going to deploy Kampf in a shutdown role, maybe play him with defensively capable players rather than your energy guys?

Reactions: TMLAM34

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
While Keefe’s statement may not be wrong, he’s as much to blame for what’s going on as any of the players. There is plenty to go around!

Reactions: BayStBullies

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

And while some prominent outside voices — P.K. Subban and Kris Versteeg among them — have joined @WillyStylzBot69 in calling for the coach's head and betting on a dead-cat bounce, the Leafs' flaws go beyond coaching.

The troubles are complicated by roster construction, a culture with a clear hierarchy enforced by lopsided salaries and shift shares, and this most recent bout of mental fragility in the most critical minutes of the full 60.

Keefe is trying to multitask his way to job security and standings stability.

At once, he wants to hold his talented players to task, to keep them accountable, but also support them and juice their confidence so they can deliver late.

He sandwiches criticism inside praise.

"As much as things are intense and pressure rises in those critical moments, it's still the same game they played in the early periods to get those leads and be in control," Keefe said.

"It's there. It's in us. It's on me to continually remind them about that — but push them at the same time to find their way through this."

To that end, and in lieu of practice, Keefe and his staff held a "lengthy" meeting with all players Wednesday morning inside the club's Calgary hotel before he joined the scratches for an on-ice workout.

Keefe & Co. focused on positive video clips, showing instances from the Oilers loss where they were in control defensively and transitioned quickly to offence. They stressed how few goals and Grade-A chances they've given up over the past 10-game stretch.

During that sit-down, the coach said he "very bluntly" challenged his players to raise their execution level while also reconnecting them to their past identity as an "elite regular-season team, one that hummed along at a 100-points-or-better pace in five of the past six campaigns."

Keefe reminded his core of the mental toughness and perseverance it flexed during last spring's playoff series victory over Tampa Bay, and he spoke to the new guys — hired help such as Tyler Bertuzzi (six goals) and Max Domi (four goals) — about the importance of embracing unfamiliar roles and earning trust.

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I’ve been watching the leafs a very long time and I will say this. Leafs are losers! On every level. They have been losers since 1967 and now just have the highest price losers on the team. The find ways to lose, that’s what losers do. They have a loser coach who fails to see this team has been horrible for the last 6 weeks or maybe more.

I’m disappointed in Shanahan, he knows what it takes to win and even Shanny has turned into a loser! One look at his FB profile and it is all about the red wings, nothing about the leafs.

I think the fans are the biggest losers, me included of watching this sad sack of crap for 57 years.

This team is the Toronto Maple Losers.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People need to understand that there's little value tearing down your team in the media and you can't do it all that often. These clips feel like a coach who knows the mood is down and see's little value piling on.

I'm sure it would make fans feel better, maybe even Keefe himself to say they look like dog shit, but does it improve their play any?

There are usually sports cliches that cover these situations and usually go a) we are frustrated b) have to be better c) as individuals and d) as a group e) and now we have to come together.

It doesn't have to be a tearing down in front of the media, but a little tap dance about accountability with a hint of promising something better, like you are holding yourself to higher standards. But these are just little performative things that don't matter if your team is just mediocre on many fronts.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
There are usually sports cliches that cover these situations and usually go a) we are frustrated b) have to be better c) as individuals and d) as a group e) and now we have to come together.

It doesn't have to be a tearing down in front of the media, but a little tap dance about accountability with a hint of promising something better, like you are holding yourself to higher standards. But these are just little performative things that don't matter if your team is just mediocre on many fronts.
Like the quote directly below this post you just made on how he doesn't know who he can trust? Or the Nylander comments the other day?

There's been criticism from the coach, but it's not what fans want

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Like the quote directly below this post you just made on how he doesn't know who he can trust? Or the Nylander comments the other day?

There's been criticism from the coach, but it's not what fans want

Keefe’s a goober and says awkward things all the time. That wouldn’t be the reason to fire him though. Reasons you might want to fire him would be chronic poor starts, issues managing momentum shifts, the NBA star vs bench dynamic, failure to build identity role for the bottom of the roster, and seeming confidence issues as a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad