What’s the team need?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Again, it’s not broken just because you don’t like it, or because your idol failed within it. The product is excellent.
It's broken for all of the discussed reasons that you're ignoring, not because of my personal feelings, or because of some imaginary idol that doesn't exist.
Hockey is excellent. The NHL is not. Their product has obvious, massive issues that make a mockery of the sport. Everybody can see it. Everybody acknowledges it. It's not a secret to anybody. The only difference is that the NHL has done a really good job convincing enough people that obvious, game-breaking bugs are features, and that mixed with their monopoly status means that the NHL never has to spend money or effort fixing their product or improving the safety of their employees.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
It's broken for all of the discussed reasons that you're ignoring, not because of my personal feelings, or because of some imaginary idol that doesn't exist.
Hockey is excellent. The NHL is not. Their product has obvious, massive issues that make a mockery of the sport. Everybody can see it. Everybody acknowledges it. It's not a secret to anybody. The only difference is that the NHL has done a really good job convincing enough people that obvious, game-breaking bugs are features, and that mixed with their monopoly status means that the NHL never has to spend money or effort fixing their product or improving the safety of their employees.

Your biased whining isn’t a valid criticism.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1- changing coach... not because i dont think keefe is not a good coach, i just dont think he bring right now whats leafs need.

2-keep marner away of matthews...i think marner is a worst player when hes playing with matthews

3- i want to see knies with matthews and maybe jarnkrok...

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
_______ Matthews ________
Knies ________ Nylander
Bunting O'Reilly Jarnkrok
Lafferty Kampf Acciari
Holmberg

Reilly Liljegren
Brodie Schenn
McCabe Timmins
Giordano

Samsonov
Woll

1. Big and mean top 6 players. Use Tavares and Marner to get them.
2. New coach.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Your biggest need is heart/desire to do whatever it takes to win. People who play pick up games show more than some professional athletes, and that is a sad commentary these days. It wasn't like that years ago. Its not a huge issue in NHL but its creeping in slowly.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You guys need cheap ELC players coming in to supplement you core.

Matthews Knies is one but you should target 2 more. Then add some veterans like O'Reilly.

I would also consider trading Nylander to a western conference team.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Just saw this meme recently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514-111416_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514-111416_Twitter.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: thewave

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I didn't anticipate a timeline where I'd see MLSE shills switching to full blown conspiracy theories regarding fortified playoff outcomes to explain away our playoff failures.
Yeah it’s weird. They are so invested in their opinions that there has to be some reason, any way possible, that they are still right in their initial assessments.
In Soviet Russia crow eat you!

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I want to swap Marner out for a legitimate winger with some grit and compete.

JT Miller, Jake Guentzel, Kreider, svechnikov, something of that ilk.

Obviously not all are available, but some may be and it'd be worth kicking tires to see what the price tag would be.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The hit was less then half a second after the first whistle that was not even fully blown with a roaring crowd.

It’s obvious once you see it, but in real time almost nobody saw it. It was a subtly clever play by Gudas.

You don’t think defending players try to box out players going to the net? You don’t think defending players use their sticks to try to list opposing sticks around the net?
Ref was looking right at it and should have been watching for an infraction. If I was, he sure as heck should have been. When the guy reaches to ice to grab the stick, it’s really not that subtle.

Reactions: authentic

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
For me it is a top 5 league goalie, one that can steal playoff games and carry a team to the cup. Sounds like Hellebuyck is going to be available this off-season and, to me, he is a legit top 5 netminder. Just have to make the numbers work and probably means goodbye to Nylander in a multi player deal but how many times are we going to run the same core back to the same results?

Don’t listen to me though last year I was all in on trading for John Gibson.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
They're soft and the blue line just isn't good enough to win a Stanley cup.

Never mind defensively, they get almost nothing from the back end offensively. Brodie, Gio, McCabe, Holl, Liljegren, and Schenn are not relevant offensive threats that need to be accounted for.

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
We need reasons for people to hate our team as much as they hate the fans. Right now, the team is too likeable and too nice. We need grit and dirt, something systematic and purposeful. Like how the late 90s early 2000s team was. Doing whatever it takes to win. Refs will not call everything if you constantly do it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They're soft and the blue line just isn't good enough to win a Stanley cup.

Never mind defensively, they get almost nothing from the back end offensively. Brodie, Gio, McCabe, Holl, Liljegren, and Schenn are not relevant offensive threats that need to be accounted for.
Agree. The defense needs to provide a bit more offense. I will start with trading TJ and signing Orlov this off-season

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Needs a core player who doesn't pee a bit when he sees a scuffle break out in front of the net.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
We need a lot of things but I’ll go with a faster D group. I don’t know what the won/lost ratio for 50/50 foot races was but I bet it was horrible. There were even times when our D had the angle and still gave up the lane.
Need to change out a couple slowpokes. Even replacing Holl with a guy who has good wheels would help.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
A legit top pairing physical dman who can move the puck. Like another Muzzin (or better).

A powerforward type of winger who can crash and bang in front of the net. Knies might be this.

A quality 2nd line centre so we can permanently move Tavares to the wing.

Those are the three things I'd be wanting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad