What’s the team need?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Nobody's goal is to fail to win the cup, but 31 teams do every year, and not just because their GM has a flawed vision. I don't want the league to change the rules to help the Leafs. I want the league to stop being broken, follow the rules it already has, protect their employees (many of which are kids) from easily preventable long-term health complications, and have a level playing field in the league that monopolizes North American hockey. Pretty simple things we should all want.

I know you think you've found a winning deflection from the topic of our GM's (and President's and coach's) epic failure to build anything close to a championship caliber playoff team but we're not having it. I suggest starting another thread on the topic of the league's actual indifference to player safety and its inconsistent almost corrupt officiating. I think we're simpatico on that topic. But that's nothing to do this regime's utter failure to operate within the current league paradigm and make a serious contender. The league did not make this team to score only 10 goals in 5 games against the league's 21st ranked defense.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
The whistles always go away to some degree in the playoffs and that was something that was apparently never in the analytics Dubas was ripping off from whatever nerds the Leafs have on staff.
yup...burying your head in the sand and saying its not fair that they call a different game is not winning us anything. The playoffs are a different beast...for better or worse, I don't know. All I do know is that if Dubas thinks that the officiating will magically transform into regular season form...I don't know what to say.

If I was Shanny or Dubas I would hold a press conference and just ream the shit out of the league for the way they tilt the scales all the time and mention the inconsistences of Parros and his enforcement. They keep claiming they want head shots out of the game...yet they see Sam Bennet leap off the ice to elbow a Leaf and they do nothing. Either the league just hates Shanny or I don't know what to say.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
There was a heck of a lot more than just "a handful of missed calls". Too many are eager to stick their head in the sand and blame the victim while the NHL destroys and makes a joke out of the best sport in the world.
It hasn’t hurt the teams that are moving on or is it just directed at the teams that lose?
Maybe it’s just an excuse for teams that can’t handle adversity.
Did it stop Matthews,Marner and Tavares from scoring a single goal in the 2nd round

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The whistles always go away to some degree in the playoffs and that was something that was apparently never in the analytics Dubas was ripping off from whatever nerds the Leafs have on staff.
The concept that the current regime never takes into account is that regular season analytics are largely irrelevant to playoff hockey.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I know you think you've found a winning deflection from the topic of our GM's (and President's and coach's) epic failure to build anything close to a championship caliber playoff team but we're not having it. I suggest starting another thread on the topic of the league's actual indifference to player safety and its inconsistent almost corrupt officiating. I think we're simpatico on that topic. But that's nothing to do this regime's utter failure to operate within the current league paradigm and make a serious contender. The league did not make this team to score only 10 goals in 5 games against the league's 21st ranked defense.
Same here. With how bad the Leafs played in the playoffs this year it's almost better to have the officiating / DoPS topic as another debate seperately.. As you referenced 10 goals in 5 games will never cut it, and the PP was complete shite as well.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The bottom line is we are never winning anything with Dubas’s version of net minding and this 40 million dollar core 4. They are simply to willing to skate away or give up,when the going gets tough, we have seen this for 7 years running……..it’s not changing anytime soon.
Unless at least 2 of them are traded we are doomed to repeat the same thing over and over no matter how many time he shuffled the supporting cast

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
yup...burying your head in the sand and saying its not fair that they call a different game is not winning us anything. The playoffs are a different beast...for better or worse, I don't know. All I do know is that if Dubas thinks that the officiating will magically transform into regular season form...I don't know what to say.

If I was Shanny or Dubas I would hold a press conference and just ream the shit out of the league for the way they tilt the scales all the time and mention the inconsistences of Parros and his enforcement. They keep claiming they want head shots out of the game...yet they see Sam Bennet leap off the ice to elbow a Leaf and they do nothing. Either the league just hates Shanny or I don't know what to say.
Could you imagine if they did hold that press conference with real game footage of some of the missed calls and some of the actual league disciplinary calls to show how wildly inconsistent Parros is.
It would be biblical and Gary would probably stroke out

They should award the Stanley Cup to the winner of a skills competition.
Or who can make the most dips doodles just prior to turning the puck over or my personal favourite is who can avoid contact with the most flair

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Could you imagine if they did hold that press conference with real game footage of some of the missed calls and some of the actual league disciplinary calls to show how wildly inconsistent Parros is.
That would be a thing I would do if I was Shanny and knew I would never work as an executive ever again. Just blow torch old Gary and then walk away.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Whoever had the nerve to do that, and it would be epic, would be de-personed from the hockey world and subject to a smear campaign where some allegations of impropriety would emerge out of no where.

Reactions: Racer88

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
With the talent he inherited, Dubas’ had the opportunity to assemble a contender. He tried to build one and failed. It wasn’t because he lacked the assets or resources, but because his ideas were flawed. Even he knows that, despite you pretending otherwise.

The league is not broken. If you don’t like hockey, watch something else.
Dubas had an opportunity to assemble a contender, and despite some massive obstacles, he was able to do that. There's nothing flawed about Dubas' vision, despite your incorrect and incredibly vague assertion otherwise.

The league is broken. That part is indisputable.
Some of us like hockey, and would like to see the league that monopolizes that sport fixed and improved.
Some choose to perpetuate the broken system and throw toxicity and false accusations at fans that care about the sport.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Dubas had an opportunity to assemble a contender, and despite some massive obstacles, he was able to do that. There's nothing flawed about Dubas' vision, despite your incorrect and incredibly vague assertion otherwise.

It’s not my opinion that makes his vision was flawed, it’s the results. Reality has evaluated his vision, and the results are proof of failure.

Some of us like hockey, and would like to see the league that monopolizes that sport fixed and improved.
Some choose to perpetuate the broken system and throw toxicity and false accusations at fans that care about the sport.

The league is growing because it’s an excellent product.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it broken. A handful of biased whiny YouTubers doesn’t represent reality.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

So the problem is Dubas assuming the league would be fixed. Damn you Gary.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The league is growing because it’s an excellent product.
The league is growing because expansion fees are the only thing they have left to satisfy the demand for “growth”. Hockey is amazing, the NHL is garbage (and please don’t mistake me as agreeing with any Dekes’ reasoning).

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

You dont give a f*** about the sport only dubas.

You don't even give a shit about the leafs

Haven't seen you call out the core 4 for their terrible series in R2

Your just butt-hurt the leafs ended up losing a tough game to a team the dubas fan group thought would be an easy out

Stop pretending lol

Reactions: Bomber0104

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Or they get called for it

If they do something blatant, or course.

The league is growing because expansion fees are the only thing they have left to satisfy the demand for “growth”. Hockey is amazing, the NHL is garbage (and please don’t mistake me as agreeing with any Dekes’ reasoning).

Expansion fees are not calculated as HRR, so have no impact on the salary cap.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He's been trying to convince people Dubas is the messiah of hockey for 5 seasons. He's not convincing/fooling anybody now.

I still think Dubas did a generally good job, but made some fatal mistakes that are likely going to result in his termination. It’s a shame he will take all the lessons he learned here and apply them somewhere else. He’s going to be a good GM for a long time, but it probably can’t here here.

Reactions: ToneDog

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Feistiness on the top 6. We need some "red mist" to go along with the top end talent
Knies helps, but we need more.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I still think Dubas did a generally good job, but made some fatal mistakes that are likely going to result in his termination. It’s a shame he will take all the lessons he learned here and apply them somewhere else. He’s going to be a good GM for a long time, but it probably can’t here here.
Time will tell but he is not getting the rope he got here anywhere else so he'll only be allowed to fix a few mistakes before he is fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad