What’s the team need?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Tavares can be traded. No one wants to stay where they are not wanted. He can be moved. May not be a glorious return but he can be moved.
Id be more surprised than anyone if he accepted a move. His wife is entrenced in Toronto with their kids. The only way I see him leaving, is at the very end of the contract and just for a rental run.
_____
I do know one thing, I sure hope Matthews was nursing something... because how do you explain the effort level in gm5? I should watch an iso cam on him again...but it was borderline Dubois in Clb level.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
There was a heck of a lot more than just "a handful of missed calls". Too many are eager to stick their head in the sand and blame the victim while the NHL destroys and makes a joke out of the best sport in the world.

I’m sure through biased eyes, you can pick out a whole pile of missed calls.. but so too could Florida fans. I’m talking a bout legitimate and blatant missed calls.

Reactions: BraveCanadian

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Goaltending has been missing since belfour . Getting tired of having the 2nd best goalie in every series . Woll might change my opinion but its early .
defence was terrible for many of the games . Tightened it up team wise last 2 games but to late .
To me it's the one for all and all for one missing factor that is most missing. The moment knies went down with zero response spelled it out to me . This team doesn't play for each other . I mean Bennet almost won that series by himself running around like he was some super power forward . We had no answer for him or mt or gudas . This isn't an insert one player type of move either . You need push back from every single player . It's hard to like, or at least respect this group honestly.

Coaching has got to change as well .

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
NHL's fault eh?
you leaving along with Dubie when he gets the can?
It's not all any one thing's fault, but to blatantly ignore how broken the NHL is doesn't help anybody. Heck, even remove the Leafs as a factor. Any fan of the sport of hockey should have massive concerns that the hockey league that dominates North America is making a joke out of this sport for personal profit.
As a Leaf fan, I'm obviously here throughout, even if MLSE makes a massive mistake and fires Dubas.
I’m sure through biased eyes, you can pick out a whole pile of missed calls.
It doesn't take biased eyes to see how broken this league is - way beyond the occasional missed call.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I’m sure through biased eyes, you can pick out a whole pile of missed calls.. but so too could Florida fans. I’m talking a bout legitimate and blatant missed calls.
Well not necessarily penalties but wtf is icing anymore? We had 3 calls at least go against us when our guys were side by side with Florida guys racing to be out the icing. If its that close it should be waived off. Nope, not in Bettman land

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I think there is a lot of gambling money up for grabs from die hard Leafs fans.

Honest opinion, Canada not winning a cup in 30 years since hiring Bet99man should prompt an investigation to fairness of the competition. There should a report produced identifying how such an anomaly could happen. Is it the taxes? What is the reason for this strange situation.
Not disagreeing with you but why aren't the Cdn owners ,board of governors etc casting more light on this issue? Not a whisper!

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Personally my list would be:
New GM and Coach

Let Kerfoot, Holl, Bunting walk, LTIR Murray

Try to resign O'Reilly, Accari, Schenn if the cap hits are reasonable

Explore trading one of Marner or Matthews. A lot will come down to if Matthews will resign/what cap hit.

Target Bertuzzi, Orlov, Hathaway, Sanford, Perry, Reaves in Free Agency

I don't mind a Sammy/Woll tandem next year. I think it could be solid. We know the mix isn't working and they need more sandpaper.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
It doesn't take biased eyes to see how broken this league is - way beyond the occasional missed call.

You seem to think the league should change the rules to accommodate Dubas’ flawed vision and help the Leafs win. It is in fact the Leafs who should be changing so they can compete in the league. This is the persecution complex version of taking your ball and going home.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Well not necessarily penalties but wtf is icing anymore? We had 3 calls at least go against us when our guys were side by side with Florida guys racing to be out the icing. If its that close it should be waived off. Nope, not in Bettman land

It’s waived off if the attacking player gets to the hashmarks first. If it’s uncertain, they blow it.

I don’t particularly like that rule, but it’s to prevent collisions going full speed towards the end boards. No-touch icing would make more sense.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You seem to think the league should change the rules to accommodate Dubas’ flawed vision and help the Leafs win.
Dubas' vision isn't flawed, and no, I want the league to follow the rules they already have, and I want to watch hockey, not the WWE with added injury.

Reactions: authentic

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Unless his goal was to fail in playoffs, it is absolutely flawed.
You want the league to change to help the Leafs.
Nobody's goal is to fail to win the cup, but 31 teams do every year, and not just because their GM has a flawed vision. I don't want the league to change the rules to help the Leafs. I want the league to stop being broken, follow the rules it already has, protect their employees (many of which are kids) from easily preventable long-term health complications, and have a level playing field in the league that monopolizes North American hockey. Pretty simple things we should all want.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Why not try to put two power forwards around Auston Matthews and recreate the 2024 version of a Legion of Doom Line? Matthews is a bit of a chameleon in the sense that he can be a power forward, a defensively conscious forward, a skilled based finesse sniper, etc.

In the playoffs, I think Matthews and Marner reinforce the weaker aspects of their mid pacing finesse game. Maybe we need two 6'4" beasts who can be wrecking balls and create space for Matthews to operate.
JT (only because you have to keep him) - Matthews - Thompson would be interesting. Nylander centering (or on the wing) with a couple fast players would be great change of pace as well.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Other than a major shake up to its core (2 out of the 4 shipped out), this team needs to add a defense stud in his prime and a proper no-fuss no-muss starting goaltender. The core should become 3 highly paid skilled forwards (one new one), Rielly and Mr. X on defense plus a legit starting goalie who isn't another cute attempt to catch lightning in the bottle.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Nobody's goal is to fail to win the cup, but 31 teams do every year, and not just because their GM has a flawed vision. I don't want the league to change the rules to help the Leafs. I want the league to stop being broken, follow the rules it already has, protect their employees (many of which are kids) from easily preventable long-term health complications, and have a level playing field in the league that monopolizes North American hockey. Pretty simple things we should all want.

With the talent he inherited, Dubas’ had the opportunity to assemble a contender. He tried to build one and failed. It wasn’t because he lacked the assets or resources, but because his ideas were flawed. Even he knows that, despite you pretending otherwise.

The league is not broken. If you don’t like hockey, watch something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad