GDT: We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Huh? The team as a whole played very great and sound hockey but Bergeron IMO was probably the worst on the ice. Lucic, Paille and Seidenberg would be my 3 stars for tonight.

I thought Bergy looked good. On top of getting an assist, he dominated the Rangers all night on faceoffs: .706 on the draw/12 wins/17 total faceoffs.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Huh? The team as a whole played very great and sound hockey but Bergeron IMO was probably the worst on the ice. Lucic, Paille and Seidenberg would be my 3 stars for tonight.

I don't think he was that bad. Certainly was a bit sluggish on the 5-on-5, but was immense on the PK.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Our first two PP's had good movement and actually got some good chances. After that though the rest were pretty bleh...

But, we were also facing the best goalie in the world and a pretty damn good Rangers team. I'm not putting too much stock on the PP fails from tonight.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Can Krejci be any more casual whe trying to put the puck into the empty net? Gawd ...

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Agree, was out to lunch most of the night. Slowed down his linemates, HE looks out of shape if anyone does.

D was great tonight, Andy F had a real good game

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Nice 2 points... PP is still a concern after hanging an 0 for 7.

They still suck at gaining the zone, but they moved well and passed more and I thought looked better.

Krejci scored too-King Hank just got a glove on it and the call went his way but puck in the glove and glove all the way in the net-that puck was in even if you couldn't actually see it.

Against almost any other goalie that would have been in the net.

Actually against any other goalie this game would have been a blowout.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Still a realistic concern if you ask me. The rumors in the offseason didn't come out of thin air. One game in the books. We'll how he holds up.

Nonsense. Lucic, like the half of the NHL that didn't play overseas or in the AHL, wasn't in game shape. That doesn't mean he was fat and out of shape - there is a difference. Felger is full of bologna.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Well played game Tuukka was up to the task, I can't believe how many people thought he was going to play like he did on tuesday, he is legit as they get.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The only thing that was bad about this game was the PP. But that Krecji shot was a goal, it's a shame they can't call it though. Plus, you're playing the best goalie in the world who's also a Bruin killer. They'll get past it.

I was watching Rask and Hamilton a lot. I'm VERY surprised he got PP time, but he looked great out there. Took some nice shots and moved the puck well. We needed someone like him, and we got it. He got a fair amount of ice time, and he made a lot of good hits and defensive plays as well. A very pleasant surprise. Rask was Rask, he played lights out. One goal let up off a nice shot and a screen, played awesome.

Seguin looks a lot stronger and faster. He was flying, just didn't get the bounces he needed. Again, he was playing Lundqvist. It won't be long until he lights the lamp. And dear God, his shot is incredible.

Merlot line was ****ing awesome. They weren't nearly as good last year as they were in 2011, if they play at the top of their game, we roll all 4 lines and every single one of them is a scoring threat. Hopefully they keep it up.

It's very early, but a win against one of the top teams in the league should pump them up. Hopefully we get a nice win against the Jets, and it's right back to the Rangers. The Rangers looked really rusty tonight, I wouldn't count on that Wednesday. Still, if we play like we did tonight, we have a great shot. Let's get off to a good start this year. :handclap:

Schalkenullvier*

Is tthere gonna be a PGT?

anyways, some thoughts:

- Surprised that no one really looked rusty
-Tuukka was solid
- Seguin could have scored, had his legs moving, but needs to get just a bit sharper
-If this had been against a human goalie, we would have scored 5+
-Nash looked good to me, but I still doubt the rags have the scoring you need to win it all.
-The PP was 0/7, but man I thought it looked way better than last year. Plus you could say Krejci technically scored :P
-Speaking of Krejci, his line was good. Krejci good, Horton you didn't see he was out of hockey for a year, Lucic anything but fat.
-Didn't notice a single major mistake by Hamilton, and when he was on the ice our breakout on the PP seemed better

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The only thing that was bad about this game was the PP. But that Krecji shot was a goal, it's a shame they can't call it though. Plus, you're playing the best goalie in the world who's also a Bruin killer. They'll get past it.

I was watching Rask and Hamilton a lot. I'm VERY surprised he got PP time, but he looked great out there. Took some nice shots and moved the puck well. We needed someone like him, and we got it. He got a fair amount of ice time, and he made a lot of good hits and defensive plays as well. A very pleasant surprise. Rask was Rask, he played lights out. One goal let up off a nice shot and a screen, played awesome.

Seguin looks a lot stronger and faster. He was flying, just didn't get the bounces he needed. Again, he was playing Lundqvist. It won't be long until he lights the lamp.

It's very early, but a win against one of the top teams in the league should pump them up. Hopefully we get a nice win against the Jets, and it's right back to the Rangers. The Rangers looked really rusty tonight, I wouldn't count on that Wednesday. Still, if we play like we did tonight, we have a great shot. Let's get off to a good start this year. :handclap:

I thought the first line PP looked very good. Keep it up, the goals will come.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
^^^^ I'm not sure Bruins managment could justify playing Krejci at a point and having 3 defensemen above Hamilton on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad