GDT: We're Back! Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers Part II ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I think Bourque deserves more of a shot before I write him off, but so far I would rather see Jordan Caron in there pretty easily. It will be interesting to see what Julien does when Caron is ready to come back from his injury.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Did we watch a different game? Because I thought Bourque was fine. He wasn't flashy or anything, just did his job. One bad giveaway, but he wasn't terrible.

Give the guy a chance.

He didn't score a hat trick and pummel Rupp, so he was awful. Thats how it works around here.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Good game. I expected a little more from the Bergeron line. Seguin looks quick but he didn't impress other than that. I think he will be better Monday. Marchand is rusty.

Bourque was OK. I'm glad they have Paille as he is good insurance and probably the better option at 3rd line right now.

McQuaid is barelyready to play, IMO. I wish they had another NHL defenseman around.

27 had a good start. Nice to see.

Rask was sharp when tested.

Thornton is just an excellent fighter. Great bout. Rupp is big and tough and he got his schnozz rearranged.

I wish Lucic took on Bickel instead of shouting down a ref.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Bourque deserves more of a shot before I write him off, but so far I would rather see Jordan Caron in there pretty easily

I think Borque deserves a chance but I am not sure he is going to light things up. Caron would probably have the spot if he wasn't injured so I think it is fine to let Borque have some games to figure things out.

He has nice speed and was a top scorer in the AHL so I figure tossing him out after one game isn't giving him a chance.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
:laugh: all you want ,not ******* about this guys production because there will be none. Why brake up the forth line ? Bourque has had MANY chances to stick and make it fact is he stinks, if his name was Smith he would never been on this team.

Give Lane a chance he could be NO worst that #48 on that line and will NEVER throw it away with the fear of getting hit.

End of rant. Great Great game .

I'm laughing because you want Bourque (career AHLer) replaced by a guy that will be no better and possibly much worse in the role you want him to play.

MacDermid could potentially be a 4th line grinder, but I don't want him on the 3rd line. Your assumption that he could be no worse is not a good one. I'd rather see a prospect like Spooner, or a guy like Tardif before I put MacDermid there.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I say put sauve on the 3rd line and keep him there until he gets hurt. Whether its one game or the whole season, he is the only legit scoring option in providence who has some experience with his upside. He played great in the scrimmage.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I'm laughing because you want Bourque (career AHLer) replaced by a guy that will be no better and possibly much worse in the role you want him to play.

MacDermid could potentially be a 4th line grinder, but I don't want him on the 3rd line. Your assumption that he could be no worse is not a good one. I'd rather see a prospect like Spooner, or a guy like Tardif before I put MacDermid there.

Fair enough

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That's the Milan Lucic I want to see. Played angry and tough all night and got a goal. The Neely comparisons are getting less and less far fetched with each year passed.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I'd like to give Bourque a good 10 games to click with that line Caron or no Caron. I want to really see what he has. Looked okay to me, good jump and it looked like good chemistry could hit with those linemates. It was funny to see him mouth "F--- me" from the bench after he missed that open net.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I say put sauve on the 3rd line and keep him there until he gets hurt. Whether its one game or the whole season, he is the only legit scoring option in providence who has some experience with his upside. He played great in the scrimmage.

If Bourque falters after a good trial Sauve is the guy I want to see in that third line LW slot.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
That's the Milan Lucic I want to see. Played angry and tough all night and got a goal. The Neely comparisons are getting less and less far fetched with each year passed.

Except for the 50 goal scorer part, I still dont' see that happening. But I love Looch just the way he is, 25-35 goals, scored when they need them most.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Except for the 50 goal scorer part, I still dont' see that happening. But I love Looch just the way he is, 25-35 goals, scored when they need them most.

Probably not, but it's still a comparison that gets closer and closer as Lucic's offensive game gets more developed ( most goals on the team in the past two seasons ). Both are/were arguably the best power forward in the league with short fuses, goal scoring instincts, big hits. Lucic is the better fighter, Neely was the better goal scorer.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I agree it was only one game for Bourque so give it some time. Then to say to replace him with Caron who has not shown anything is a bit jumpy .let enjoy the win and nice to see RASk getting the win and also see Lucic having a monster game .nice to have Nathan back and solid game from the defenseman. The one big issue again poor PP , some things remain the same.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
At least we actually have some good young guys we can call up/try out instead of a couple years ago when we had guys like Begin and Whitfield who were our only choice back then.

I think guys like Sauve, Caron, Spooner and Bourque can all play 3rd line minutes, then we have guys like Tardif and Macdermid as insurance. Plenty of depth which is huge for this team, now, depth on D is a whole different story. I still think we should maybe target someone more capable of filling in if someone gets injured during the year. I'm not a fan of Exelby or Johnson. I still think Warsofsky and Bartkowski need another year to grow before we call them up.

A guy I personally like and think would fit well with the team who could possibly be had for cheap is Cody Franson. Big, mobile, can play the puck pretty well for a young guy. Still has some potential, wouldn't mind Chia maybe dealing Caron for him.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I really liked Clode's strategy with the PP, having two PP units and those sub-units, rolling high-energy units one after the other. I haven't seen a team do that before, but it resulted in high-energy PP's. It didn't pay off tonight, but I could see it working well.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

It's to easy for the opposing players to get under his skin, He needs to control himself better.
It's not the first time he gets a game misconduct in front of the opposing team bench.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Just got in from the game ! .............freaking awesome opening night at TD . Tonight had the big 3 ............ Goaltending when needed , Defense stepped up ( Chara was on something ) And offense have to just put the puck on net :naughty: Great night to be a Boston Bruin Diehard Fan :handclap:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's to easy for the opposing players to get under his skin, He needs to control himself better.
It's not the first time he gets a game misconduct in front of the opposing team bench.

When was the other time? If you're talking about last year, the league rescinded the call after seeing Lucic was still on the ice and not on the bench.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game :handclap:

The new Daddy scores (Looch was interviewed between periods and said " My first goal as a Dad"...He had a huge smile )..It was sweet. Some thought Looch wouldn't be in shape but he looked good to me.:handclap:

The birthday boy scores. Happy Birthday Johnny B. :handclap:

The defense looked excellent.:handclap: They played very well in front of Tuukka. :handclap:

The PK was so good. :handclap:

The PP looks like it is gett ing better. :)

The B's have the best 4th line in the NHL. Nice to see Danny P. get a goal :handclap:

What a fun game. It was great to see everyone. ;)

Our boys played a real complete game. :handclap:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

Yes its nice to have a Lucic that can control his anger and not have opposing teams receive free powerplays. I would rather have our players penalized for blood on our opponents then our players going to the box for calling their wifes something :naughty:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I'm ashamed at some of you Great posters who only gave Looch a 3.75% of scoring the first goal of the year. I knew that thread should have been for money.:laugh:

BruinsHockey74

Nov 17, 2010
ma
Was at the game tonight, why was the goal horn so muffled? Kind of a buzzkill but didn't take away from the crowd!

Did anyone else notice that? And do you think were doing spotlights for the whole season now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad