Blue Jays Discussion: :( well it was a hell of a ride

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm upset I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this god awful thread.

I've read probably 80-90% of the posts in the Jay's threads here the last few years (I hardly ever comment on the jays) , and my God the intellect level in the discussions has nose dived over the last month +. :laugh:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
This is a Toronto team after all, getting ready for a major disappointment. My angus is prepared.

giphy.gif

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Shouldn't be throwing rocks my friend. The team that hit the most doubles in the regular season is going to a park that is a singles and doubles park and yet were at a disadvantage ? Weird...

The baserunners aren't going to be used to running on real grass [/reynolds]

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Grats to him. Just happy it wasn't something worse. Immediately thought it was a death in the family or something.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I feel dumber just reading this thread.

The notion that a professional baseball team is built solely with their home park in mind is patently absurd.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
baby came way pre-term, 26 weeks. Just over 2 pounds.

That would explain a lot, the baby will still be in the NICU (generally pre-term babies are in the NICU until they reach what would have been their full term) and was probably very touch and go for the first little while.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I feel dumber just reading this thread.

The notion that a professional baseball team is built solely with their home park in mind is patently absurd.

The notion that teams don't acquire players that fit their ballpark is patently absurd. The Yankees stack their lineup with left-handed power hitters because of the short right field. Sox stack their lineup with right handed power hitters because of the Monster. Detroit traded for Gose because they needed a speedy outfielder to cover the extra room in their outfield.

This can't be the first time you've heard of this notion?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Shouldn't be throwing rocks my friend. The team that hit the most doubles in the regular season is going to a park that is a singles and doubles park and yet were at a disadvantage ? Weird...

I've addressed this already multiple times, as have other posters. I'm sorry if you've failed to understand the points, they weren't terribly hard to interpret.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I've addressed this already multiple times, as have other posters. I'm sorry if you've failed to understand the points, they weren't terribly hard to interpret.

Why are you presuming that the home run in Toronto has a higher percentage to be a flyout vs. a double in KC than the softly hit ball is a groundout vs. a single? If Toronto is better at longball, wouldn't it make more sense to try to find the gaps there vs playing a style they aren't suited to (never mind a style that didn't just lead them to an historic offense in a 162 game sample size) and then try to find the gaps there?

Or are you just trying to explain why the Jays are currently down 3 games to 2? If that's the case...well, based on what I've seen, your theory has more merit than the "small ball" vs. "long ball" debate I've seen. But this is baseball over a small sample size, it comes off as a bit unrealistic to look at such a small sample size and proclaim "THIS is why the Jays are failing!!".

And didn't the Jays lead the League in godp's? Wouldn't that not be the case if they were partial to making hard contact or no contact at all vs. weak contact?

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It really is hilarious how we're labelled as a swing and miss team that strikes out or dingers. You can tell who watches the Jays and who listens to the American media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad