Blue Jays Discussion: :( well it was a hell of a ride

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Jays have power and great patience. They can also score runs in many ways. They don't always swing for home runs unlike the Cubs got exposed huge as they play hero home run

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The funniest portion (pillar, really) of the argument is that Rogers Centre is a homerun haven when in reality it (along with Dodgers stadium) are the most neutral power parks in the league.

You've probably just constructed that argument in your head. No one claimed that RC is a homerun haven (Although it was the 3rd most homer-friendly park in the majors in 2013 and 2014). The point made is it's far more homer friendly than Kauffman.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Wait...what? The reason the Royals lead the series is because they're 2-0 at home and 1-2 on the road.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I'm in this thread...

Ya home team is 4-1 in this series so yes it has made a difference.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
See I don't see that at all. Watch how many violent swings they have hoping to hit one 900 feet. Sure when they hit boy it is majestic but how many times have we seen them caught looking with 2 strikes??? Looking for a pitch....protect the plate and foul it off eventually the pitcher will make a mistake.

You can't tell me when Donaldson, Jose and EE are in the box they are not looking to go yard...of course they are.

They're looking to hit the ball hard. It often goes out because they're really good hitters. It's not a complex concept.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
They're looking to hit the ball hard. It often goes out because they're really good hitters. It's not a complex concept.

Not to mention that Donaldson/Bautista/Edwin have all had a ton of ridiculously lengthy, count-working plate appearances these entire playoffs.

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Well it can not really be argued the Jays are a "power" club not a contact club.

They are built to hit HR's and by that fact they are going to get doubles and such as well.

Issue being while they can get HR's (extra base hits) and can get walks (which lead to more RBI's from HRS and such) they are not very good with batting average.
The same thing is happening in the play offs. This is where it because an issue because now you are facing the best of the best when it comes to pitching.

KC can peck you to death because they can put the ball in play.
Jays just need their pitching to be great.

I wish Estrada and Navaro could play the 2 remaining games ;)

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Jays' hitters are fast learners. In a long series, they will adapt the second time they see a pitcher.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010

don't dispute the fact they are looking to hit the ball hard. They have violent swings and sometimes it goes and sometimes they miss it and K.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Well it can not really be argued the Jays are a "power" club not a contact club.

They are built to hit HR's and by that fact they are going to get doubles and such as well.

Issue being while they can get HR's (extra base hits) and can get walks (which lead to more RBI's from HRS and such) they are not very good with batting average.

I believe during the season they has 2 total people with averages above .295 and one with a .270ish. The rest being .260 and below I believe. I am to lazy to check. The same thing is happening in the play offs. This is where it because an issue because now you are facing the best of the best when it comes to pitching.

The Jays and Royals had the exact same batting average this season

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I don't like Kauffman field much
It's pretty but without the long ball playing a big factor its singles doubles galore
I find the AL east parks alot more fun - except tropicana

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What are the Jays stats at Kauffman ?
Gotta be bad.
The Left field fence is so far away that Bautista gets sweaty.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

The same thing is happening in the play offs. This is where it because an issue because now you are facing the best of the best when it comes to pitching.

The Blue Jays and Royals had the exact same team batting average in 2015. (.269)

I'm starting to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad