Blue Jays Discussion: :( well it was a hell of a ride

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The Blue Jays scored 450 runs at home and 441 on the road.

The Royals scored 376 runs at home.

Kauffman has a higher runs scored park factor than the Rogers Centre. Also a higher doubles park factor.

I believe this is where we deem it a fallacy.

I'm a little bit disappointed that you're cherry-picking stats to make a point.

Royals runs scored at home:376 (.760 OPS)
Away: 348 (.709 OPS)

Royals Home record: 51-30. Road: 44-37

Quite a significant difference.

Ps: Kauffman also has a much lower HR factor than an average stadium, which significantly favours KC over Jays. Again you decided to leave that fact out to make your point...

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
People make too much of home field advantage anyway. Teams with home field are 2-2 in the playoffs so far. TOR and KC won their series in the DS, meanwhile LAD and STL lost theirs. Both wild card games were also won by the road team. Jays were right by resting guys after clinching the division.

Home field is definitely a big thing in this series. Jays don't start 0-2 if they're at home. Also games 6 and 7 now in KC. If they don't come back in the series it'll be a huge talking point. I mean there's already a segment on TSN about it. If people don't think home field has been key in this series then I'm not sure what they're watching.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
worst part is those girls are all texting each other

- "Hi guys! I am at the baseball game! Here is a selfie"
- "OMG you look great! I am at the game two! I am one chair over!"
- "You both look great! I love the pigtails! Here is my selfie from the other row!"

but then it turns a bit ugly because Heather joins the conversation. They are all jealous of Heather because she is prettier

-"Hi guys it's me Heather! This is a selfie at the game...eating a chilidog!"

- "Did you guys see Heather's selfie with the chilidog? What a *****!"
- "She always tries to take a better selfie than us!"
- "SHE LOOKS FAT!"
- "I hope that chilidog spills on her shirt!"

after that they spent the rest of the game harassing Heather on facebook

You owe me a new keyboard.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Ps: Kauffman also has a much lower HR factor than an average stadium, which significantly favours KC over Jays. Again you decided to leave that fact out to make your point...

His post was in relation to home runs. Everyone and their dog knows Kauffman has a low HR factor. The point of it was that they still manage to produce runs no matter where they are.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
His post was in relation to home runs. Everyone and their dog knows Kauffman has a low HR factor. The point of it was that they still manage to produce runs no matter where they are.

And the fact that KC produces significantly more runs at home/does better at home?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Considering the reason why the Royals lead this series is because they won one on the road, no it hasn't made a difference.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
And the fact that KC produces significantly more runs at home/does better at home?

They're built for it. Home field advantage. Friendly confines. Point being Jays don't have to rely on HRs alone. It's a myth that they're a boom or bust team. Scoring in bunches is not the same as being free swinging/hr slugging.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Considering the reason why the Royals lead this series is because they won one on the road, no it hasn't made a difference.

Wait...what? The reason the Royals lead the series is because they're 2-0 at home and 1-2 on the road.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I'm in this thread...

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Home field is definitely a big thing in this series. Jays don't start 0-2 if they're at home. Also games 6 and 7 now in KC. If they don't come back in the series it'll be a huge talking point. I mean there's already a segment on TSN about it. If people don't think home field has been key in this series then I'm not sure what they're watching.

It'll be a huge talking point for those who want to force a narrative.

Right now, the Jays are 2-2 on the road in the playoffs and 3-3 at home.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm a little bit disappointed that you're cherry-picking stats to make a point.

Royals runs scored at home:376 (.760 OPS)
Away: 348 (.709 OPS)

Royals Home record: 51-30. Road: 44-37

Quite a significant difference.

"We (The Jays, I presume) scored more runs at home than on the road, as did KC" - Addressed; yes, 9 more...

I'm not quite sure how park factor data is cherry picked. We've all conceded less home runs are hit in Kauffman. The idea that it's less of an overall hitters park is the fallacy.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wait...what? The reason the Royals lead the series is because they're 2-0 at home and 1-2 on the road.

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I'm in this thread...

If home field advantage was as determining of a factor as you are portraying it, then the Jays would be up 3-2. I mean, the Jays are perfectly built for the dome and all.

KC has a 106 wRC+ at home... Jays have a 109 wRC+ on the road.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Exactly. As I said. This is why home field advantage was important in this series. That's the point.

Certainly hasn't been my point. The topic at hand I've been discussing, and the quote I selected, was in reference to the jays production at home compared to on the road. And specifically how their type of production plays into that. KC's home record doesn't mean alot to me. They're a good team.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Exactly. As I said. This is why home field advantage was important in this series. That's the point.

Jays pitchers also had home run problems compared to the Royals. So it's a positive for their pitchers.

I don't even think the HR suppression will be that much of a factor. It's not like the Jays have gotten by with wall-scrapers all season. A 420 foot HR to right at the Skydome is still a HR at Kauffman.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I'm not quite sure how park factor data is cherry picked. We've all conceded less home runs are hit in Kauffman. The idea that it's less of an overall hitters park is the fallacy.

Did someone claim that Kauffman was a worse overall hitters park? I believe the claim was that Kauffman favours KC's hitters over the Jays hitters as a greater proportion of their runs are scored from non-home run hits.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It only favours KC because we have two terrible defenders at the OF corners. If there was a narrative to push, it's that the Royals have vacuums in the field.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
If home field advantage was as determining of a factor as you are portraying it, then the Jays would be up 3-2. I mean, the Jays are perfectly built for the dome and all.

...or the Jays would be 0-2 in KC and 2-1 at home. As they are.

Jays aren't "perfectly built" for the dome, they're simply better built for ballparks that encourage home runs.

KC, however, is perfectly built for their home park.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It only favours KC because we have two terrible defenders at the OF corners. If there was a narrative to push, it's that the Royals have vacuums in the field.

They do. Again, their team is perfectly built for that park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad