Blue Jays Discussion: :( well it was a hell of a ride

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
even the guy on the left doesn't look up from his ipad for either pitch, uncanny

It amazes me how often when they show the crowd, how many people are looking at their phone and not the game.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I take myself as a pretty big baseball fan yet I am looking at my phone in 40% of those panoramic pictures

shamebadge.png

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I take myself as a pretty big baseball fan yet I am looking at my phone in 40% of those panoramic pictures

shamebadge.png

Too each their own. I see it all the time at Leaf games as well, I don't get it.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
No I agree with you I don't get how people can go to a playoff game and spend it on their phones either but photographic evidence is not my friend right now

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
(sigh). how is it worse? it's not like they...

you know what. never mind. not going to bother with it. but they at least used the attention of what that caused to ask for donations for a good charity in support of domestic abuse, so alls well that ends well.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think it's okay in a baseball game since there's pause in play, so one has time to look at his/her phone in between pitches.

I've used my phone to text friends between innings, but even that's no more than once or twice over the course of a game. When I went to Game 2 against the Rangers, however, I used it for the first time while an inning was still going on: to bring up Gameday to check a pitch's location.:laugh:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think it's okay in a baseball game since there's pause in play, so one has time to look at his/her phone in between pitches.

Can't imagine anything being so important....like I said too each their own.

(sigh). how is it worse? it's not like they...

you know what. never mind. not going to bother with it. but they at least used the attention of what that caused to ask for donations for a good charity in support of domestic abuse, so alls well that ends well.

How is what worse?

Owen Wilson

Feb 21, 2003
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
All depends on how many pitches he threw prior to the delay.

In all honesty, if they think there is a legitimate chance that the game will begin and then be delayed, they will likely start a reliever and then go to Price. It's simply the most logical thing to do.
This is why I recommended the Jays DL Hawkins before tonight and activate Buerhle...just in case there's some kind of long delay.

You'd lost Hawkins for the WS, but let's be honest, he won't be seeing the rubber again this season. Then when you get to WS, you drop Buerhle for Cecil.

Buerhle isn't ideal...but neither is the situation.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
This is why I recommended the Jays DL Hawkins before tonight and activate Buerhle...just in case there's some kind of long delay.

You'd lost Hawkins for the WS, but let's be honest, he won't be seeing the rubber again this season. Then when you get to WS, you drop Buerhle for Cecil.

Buerhle isn't ideal...but neither is the situation.

Can they do this?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
No I agree with you I don't get how people can go to a playoff game and spend it on their phones either but photographic evidence is not my friend right now

I was lucky, when I went my phone was dead

did they fix the reception at the dome though? in years past when i went there was (ironically) zero reception there because of all the concrete so there was no point to phones other than to act as cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad