Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The nonsense has gotten out of hand. You keep scrambling. Your point was that Fiesta is as poorly located as Desert Diamond. It’s absolutely not. It’s a significantly better location for all of the reasons stated. You’ve given no support at all for your claim other than miles from downtown Phoenix and that it’s not in Scottsdale. This isn’t an argument.
Fiesta is a better location than Westgate. I've said it repeatedly, why you keep trying to insist I said it's the same as Westgate I don't know, maybe just to argue. Where I disagree is this silly notion that it's a vastly superior location to Westgate. It's better, it's not vastly superior. Further West and further North would be vastly superior but doesn't look like that's an option so Fiesta will hopefully do.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Fine, man. Shout it from the rooftops. All hail. I'm out.
I’m not doing what you’re saying I’m doing. I am in no way attacking the West Valley. I haven’t been sarcastic about the west valley in this thread. I’m sure you’ll see lots of that kind of thing in the other direction if you take another look at the last few pages.

The Coyotes should absolutely leave Arizona. Glendale chose a building that sits vacant 28 days per month over them. Tempe chose a toxic dump that’s going to cost them an absolute fortune to cleanup. They prefer hundreds of millions in costs rather than a free clean up and entertainment district at no cost.

That’s not indifference, that’s hatred. You don’t turn down a gift in exchange for a crippling burden for indifference. You do it for spite.

Fiesta Mall probably isn’t happening. Mesa hates progress. SRM-PIC probably isn’t happening. How can Meruelo make any money if he can’t own any of the land? They said they couldn’t even do TED without the apartments. Now they can do the reservation on leases? How? I don’t see it.

All of the relocation options suck. It’s no wonder the NHL has stuck it out here. Seattle and Vegas were too valuable and the other options are terrible.

What is the league going to do? Haha. I really don’t know. I don’t think they can fold the team. There’s no modern precedent and the Union and governors would probably all hate that. What can they do?

Fiesta is a better location than Westgate. I've said it repeatedly, why you keep trying to insist I said it's the same as Westgate I don't know, maybe just to argue. Where I disagree is this silly notion that it's a vastly superior location to Westgate. It's better, it's not vastly superior.
It’s worse than TED by the same amount it is superior to Westgate.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Glendale chose a building that sits vacant 28 days per month over them.
To be fair I think Glendale chose that because they knew AM was deadset on moving the team elsewhere in the valley. A bit of a jilted lover type of thing. You can't break up with me because I'm breaking up with you first!

Granted both parties looking pretty f***ing stupid right now for burning those bridges.

InfoDesk

May 17, 2023
Looks like the city of Phoenix are really behind the footprint renovation plan.

Id like to think its 85% chance as of now

Its 85% the city will controll these negotiations and every single one of them said they are fans of the team and they know its best for the arena and downtown.

Whats going to be the surprise is there will be a fight for the coyotes between mesa and downtown Phoenix.

• Haha
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Its 85% the city will controll these negotiations and every single one of them said they are fans of the team and they know its best for the arena and downtown.

Whats going to be the surprise is there will be a fight for the coyotes between mesa and downtown Phoenix.
Ridiculous. Where's the land Meruelo makes his money off of? Or do you believe he sells the team? Just having an arena has never been the problem. He wants land to develop to fill his pockets. The team is just a means to get it. What's good for us is if he fills his pockets he spends money on the team so we can be competitive for more than just a flash in the pan season or two every decade.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Anybody else see the report on Connecticut's Governor planning on talking to the League next week about having the Yotes move to Hartford? Long shot to happen, but interesting nonetheless.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
He wants land to develop to fill his pockets

As I've said before, if he wants to be a land developer, it doesn't have to be colocated with the stadium. Lot's of places on planet Earth left to develop, and nearly everyone agrees more housing is needed.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As I've said before, if he wants to be a land developer, it doesn't have to be colocated with the stadium. Lot's of places on planet Earth left to develop, and nearly everyone agrees more housing is needed.
Everyone knows the benefit of owning a sports team is a favorable land deal and a really good anchor. The Team helps ensure much more profit for the Developer.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Nowotny

InfoDesk

May 17, 2023
Ridiculous. Where's the land Meruelo makes his money off of? Or do you believe he sells the team? Just having an arena has never been the problem. He wants land to develop to fill his pockets. The team is just a means to get it. What's good for us is if he fills his pockets he spends money on the team so we can be competitive for more than just a flash in the pan season or two every decade.

Downtown Phoenix is literally the #1 developing area in the state. The city literally gives money launderers tax breaks. Thats how they've been able to build so much.

This guy... Is not real. Would just ignore.
Lol think again

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Anybody else see the report on Connecticut's Governor planning on talking to the League next week about having the Yotes move to Hartford? Long shot to happen, but interesting nonetheless.
Did you see all the other forums and threads that you can post potential relocation sites in? Long shot that you get the f*** out like you should but interesting nonetheless.

• Haha
Reactions: Puckrobber

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Did you see all the other forums and threads that you can post potential relocation sites in? Long shot that you get the f*** out like you should but interesting nonetheless.
I'm supporting the team staying in Arizona, no matter which town it is. But, it's always good to know who else wants to pilfer your team, so you can tell them to go screw themselves.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Kansas City mayor has been tweeting about it, Houston people comment on everything, Salt Lake City people Im sure are doing whatever they do, and Quebec City are being Jack asses and apparently Hartford wants it too.

The only genuine answer I can give about all that: I don’t care
Refer them all to our social media team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad