Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think the target was everyone *but* us.

I guess so. I know the haters will be relieved to hear there's still no arena plans and listen to Rick Astley while celebrating. While those of us that got a glimmer of hope from it are just a little bit more let down. The joke is on us no matter what, really.

Last edited:

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I disagree with this. If TED is a 10 and Glendale is a 2 then Fiesta is a 7.
I kind of like this way of rating it. TED everyone could get excited about. Glendale a group gets excited. Fiesta I'd say a majority is excited about, and another segment is apathetic towards, and a group is bummed about it.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
No disrespect to the west side, but I think the idea is to be centrally located to where the hockey fans are. Same strategy every business uses.

Here's every ice rink (I think) in the valley. Only one is west of Central.

View attachment 710480
You forgot the Coyotes Community Rink in Mesa. Right next to Fiesta.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I disagree with this. If TED is a 10 and Glendale is a 2 then Fiesta is a 7.
haha yeah no man, sorry, if Glendale is a 2 then Fiesta is a 4 but hey that's twice as good so yay!! lol

Fiesta is not a good location, it sucks, but it's still better than relocation so I'm all for it. Like I said though, it's closer to Westgate 2.0 than it is to TED 2.0.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Fiesta Mall site would be 1000% different than Glendale. The problem with Glendale was taking the 10 to get to games. It was a nightmare.

When it comes to the twitter accounts tweets, just cool it would you. It's driving engagement on their social media channels. its doing exactly what they intend it to do.
I don't have a twiiter account.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
haha yeah no man, sorry, if Glendale is a 2 then Fiesta is a 4 but hey that's twice as good so yay!! lol

Fiesta is not a good location, it sucks, but it's still better than relocation so I'm all for it. Like I said though, it's closer to Westgate 2.0 than it is to TED 2.0.
It’s the center of the east valley. It’s a great location for anyone in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Awhatukee, Gilbert and Mesa. Which is more than 1.5 million people. And home to 5 of 6 of the local ice sheets in this valley, and 75% of the premium ticket base.

Now you…

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Objectively false. 10km vs 30. :sarcasm:

If you want to pretend Surprise and Goodyear are equivalent to Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert etc... that's your thing.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No disrespect to the west side, but I think the idea is to be centrally located to where the hockey fans are. Same strategy every business uses.

View attachment 710480
Hockey fans are not some homogeneous group that is located in a specific corridor where you can stick an arena. They're all over the damn place, spread out just like Phoenix metro itself and there are not so many of them that you can simply stick an arena anywhere and they'll flood in. You need to be centrally located so fans from the North, West, South and East all have a resonable shot at going to a weekday game if they wanted to.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Might be as good as stocks on some days

I'm fairly confident a guy with an $8 billion net worth can buy the Coyotes.
I know you won’t believe Craig Morgan because he is in Arizona and nobody in Arizona can possibly know anything. Because anyone who knows anything is in Ontario. Clearly. So it may comfort you to know that Elliotte Friedman, who’s in Ontario, and therefore in the know, said yesterday that the NHL doesn’t see Fertitta as a fit because his level of interest is too tepid. His low balling is an indication that his interest isn’t serious enough. They want committed owners and he scared them off by being lukewarm.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hockey fans are not some homogeneous group that is located in a specific corridor where you can stick an arena. They're all over the damn place, spread out just like Phoenix metro itself and there are not so many of them that you can simply stick an arena anywhere and they'll flood in. You need to be centrally located so fans from the North, West, South and East all have a resonable shot at going to a weekday game if they wanted to.
The wealthier suburbs are the ones on the east side. Which were all of the community rinks are built and the vast majority of premium ticket buyers. Where’s the lie?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Fans are spread out, but the team knows where ticket purchasers live, and I'd be willing to bet that even when the team played in Glendale, most ticket sales were in the East Valley.

I'm sure the team wants to please everyone, but when you play in a market like Phoenix, the strategy can't be "build it, and they will come"; it's "build it where they are."

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

View attachment 710480
None taken here… I’ve always said I don’t care where they are as long as the have a good plan for long-term stability….. in Arizona of course.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
None taken here… I’ve always said I don’t care where they are as long as the have a good plan for long-term stability….. in Arizona of course.
I agree...because I would hate to have to 'retire' somewhere else where there is a team...I'd rather retire and be a STH for my beloved Coyotes.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It’s the center of the east valley. It’s a great location for anyone in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Awhatukee, Gilbert and Mesa. Which is more than 1.5 million people. And home to 5 of 6 of the local ice sheets in this valley, and 75% of the premium ticket base.

Now you…
So it's a great location for 25% of the metro-population...you summed up my point perfectly. Thanks.

I'm sure the team wants to please everyone, but when you play in a market like Phoenix, the strategy can't be "build it, and they will come"; it's "build it where they are."
Then they'll build it in Scottsdale, not f***ing Mesa. lol

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
I live right by this location. It’s not a bad location, honestly. It’s a little awkward to put an arena there but fiesta has been sitting dormant for like 15 years at this point.

If they can get it down without a vote I’ll take it

Reactions: MayDayMayDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad