Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
This might be part of why Chych wanted out as have others. Why would Keller or anyone else want to stay here now? No arena path in sight, no money for new players, even if we had any, we are rebuilding so likely would not spend it. Does Keller get 100 points on a good team? Fiesta mall isn't the answer, its almost as far out as Glendale. To have a chance of working, it has to be in Tempe, Scottsdale, reservation maybe, or maybe downtown Phoenix.

The NHL has without a doubt stuck their heels in on a team being in the Phoenix market. It will be interesting now to see what shakes out of this. I still think the team stays in Phoenix, like I always have, but after a 25 year struggle, I don't know now.

One thing is clear, don't depend on a public vote to get anything from a community for a pro sports team, they ship has sailed, too many everyday folks don't want endorse wealthy owners, regardless of the fine print and all the sense it might make to vote yes. That is the message here, and we are seeing it in other cities too. That was the mistake, thinking a vote had a chance of passing.
Fiesta Mall site would be 1000% different than Glendale. The problem with Glendale was taking the 10 to get to games. It was a nightmare.

When it comes to the twitter accounts tweets, just cool it would you. It's driving engagement on their social media channels. its doing exactly what they intend it to do.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Net worth doesn't take into account debt servicing. If he's got a sh** ton of debt that he is already paying on his net worth doesn't make it all work. Are you familiar with the term house poor?
Very. But net worth is assets minus liabilities.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The chain reaction is already starting.

Cooley goes back to College. There is a reason why he didn't make this decision months ago. He was waiting for clarity on the future. It's not a bad decision by any means. But it's ignorant to think he didn't make this decision based on the failed election.

Keller and his reps talk to the Coyotes yesterday to ask for clarity on and off the ice very soon. Other players are likely thinking the same.

Now you have a draft in 40 days, and you have to now take into consideration players may not want to come unless there is clarity here.

Then you have McBain and Maccelli who need new contracts.

The organization, realistically, needs to have an answer soon.
Keller has a NTC that begins next July 2024. So, there is a pressure point for him. Think he knows that the longer they remain in Mullet the less likely they will be competitive in their team there. Understandable that he wants to see light at the end of the tunnel. That there is a payoff for all of this.

Drafted players, not going to be an issue. Very few players and I am not sure Cooley would be one, who have the type of leverage to force their way out of the team that drafted them.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Fiesta Mall site would be 1000% different than Glendale. The problem with Glendale was taking the 10 to get to games. It was a nightmare.

So is the 101 and the 60 at game time in Mesa. Or the 17 to the 10 to the 202. Lots of nightmares to be had getting to the arena no matter where it is.

Be a lot worse if you had to drive 12 hours north, or take a plane to Houston.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Very. But net worth is assets minus liabilities.
So if you own one (or a number of) illiquid assets that comprise the vast majority of your net worth and you've pledged those assets to secure your current debts, acquiring a pro sports team would not be a given. I don't know whether Fertitta's assets are spoken for in terms of collateral but that was the basis of my earlier reply to Jakey.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So if you own one (or a number of) illiquid assets that comprise the vast majority of your net worth and you've pledged those assets to secure your current debts, acquiring a pro sports team would not be a given. I don't know whether Fertitta's assets are spoken for in terms of collateral but that was the basis of my earlier reply to Jakey.
Thats cash flow not net worth. If he has a net worth of $8 billion it literally simply means he has assets worth $8 billion more than his liabilities. As an easy example if you have a $100K house and a $50K mortgage you aren't worth $100 K. Your net worth is $50K

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Seravalli issued a correction on his “Move the Coyotes NOWWW” pod yesterday. He said that the $250k he reported for the Yes side was actually more like $850k
Surprise surprise...as I said no one who is doing the reporting knows the true facts...yet we take every report as Gospel.

I'm still waiting for the true facts...and they may never come because there are too many people, particularly journalists, who should no longer hold that title.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Thats cash flow not net worth. If he has a net worth of $8 billion it literally simply means he has assets worth $8 billion more than his liabilities. As an easy example if you have a $100K house and a $50K mortgage you aren't worth $100 K. Your net worth is $50K
That's absolutely correct - having equity of $50K in your house doesn't mean you can buy another $100K house - it depends on whether you can service the debt with your cash flow.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

What about my Beanie Baby collection? I'm counting on those for retirement.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
What about my Beanie Baby collection? I'm counting on those for retirement.
Might be as good as stocks on some days

That's absolutely correct - having equity of $50K in your house doesn't mean you can but another $100K house - it depends on whether you can service the debt with your cash flow.
I'm fairly confident a guy with an $8 billion net worth can buy the Coyotes.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

When it comes to the twitter accounts tweets, just cool it would you. It's driving engagement on their social media channels. its doing exactly what they intend it to do.
I suppose I would give it the nod over Glendale if for no other reason than the fact that it's surrounded on all sides by city where as Glendale Arena still has a lot of undeveloped area around it, aqua fria river bottom, farm land, etc. Otherwise though, it's not a particularly great site. The whole idea is to be centrally located so every fan in the metro area has relatively equal access to the arena, that helps you sell tickets when the team is sucking. If you stick it in Mesa, you eliminate most of the West side for weekday games, just like it was for the East side when it was in Glendale. It's definitely still better than relocation of course but it's closer to Westgate 2.0 than it is to TED 2.0.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Surprise surprise...as I said no one who is doing the reporting knows the true facts...yet we take every report as Gospel.

I'm still waiting for the true facts...and they may never come because there are too many people, particularly journalists, who should no longer hold that title.
If you want the truth out of this organization, don't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad