Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Chandler and Gilbert residents look in the mirror and think they see Scottsdale. You're not Scottsdale my dudes, let it go!

kitten-lion-mirror.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jakey53 and Kaizen

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I know you won’t believe Craig Morgan because he is in Arizona and nobody in Arizona can possibly know anything. Because anyone who knows anything is in Ontario. Clearly. So it may comfort you to know that Elliotte Friedman, who’s in Ontario, and therefore in the know, said yesterday that the NHL doesn’t see Fertitta as a fit because his level of interest is too tepid. His low balling is an indication that his interest isn’t serious enough. They want committed owners and he scared them off by being lukewarm.
I don't see how this post means anything to my post?? I have no idea where his interest is or what the NHL wants. My post was simply about his wealth and ability to do a deal. And Ontario means nothing to me, Canadians in general only like Ontario marginally more than they like Quebec.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So it's a great location for 25% of the metro-population...you summed up my point perfectly. Thanks.

Then they'll build it in Scottsdale, not f***ing Mesa. lol
You're wasting your time. The east valley bias is too strong and the false narrative the team has spewed to forward their desire to move for over a decade just strengthens it. But at least now that they're in the east valley where 95% of the fans are, everything is fine. Thankfully that came true.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't see how this post means anything to my post?? I have no idea where his interest is or what the NHL wants. My post was simply about his wealth and ability to do a deal. And Ontario means nothing to me, Canadians in general only like Ontario marginally more than they like Quebec.
Keep repeating it and maybe somebody will believe you at some point.

So it's a great location for 25% of the metro-population...you summed up my point perfectly. Thanks.

Then they'll build it in Scottsdale, not f***ing Mesa. lol
You’re just being an ass on purpose here. Phoenix doesn’t get to count as east or west valley. It’s Phoenix.

Please actually state your case or at the very least stop cherry picking and address the entirety of the point.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch about the biking tourist who gets arrested by Communists and is sentenced to a firing squad. Then he wakes up and he's at home and his mother's house. "It was all a dream!" he says, and his mother replies, "No, dear, this is the dream. You're still in your cell!"

It's just going to get worse for all of us the longer the actual team stays silent. They're not talking to anyone (except maybe Craig). It's a bad look, and it makes me nervous.
I think Coyotes current situation can be described by old doctors joke:
Orthopedic surgeon and neurologist see man who has difficulty walking.
Ortho guy says:Classic degenerative disease of the hip.
Neurologist replies:No its Parkinson.
And the guy says:Gentlemen we were all wrong.You thought it was hip and you thought it was Parkinson.And I though I'm gonna fart and I shited my pants instead

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Keep repeating it and maybe somebody will believe you at some point.

You’re just being an ass on purpose here. Phoenix doesn’t get to count as east or west valley. It’s Phoenix.

Please actually state your case or at the very least stop cherry picking and address the entirety of the point.
I'm couldn't care less what you believe and none of your personal BS will ever stop me from posting what I want. If it makes you feel good to always make it personal have at it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

I made myself perfectly clear, it's about being as centrally located as possible. You need to update that 90's knowledge you're working off of man, go to google maps and type in "Phoenix" then zoom out a little and seriously look at how much the landscape has changed.

Also I will reiterate...again...I'm all for Fiesta Mall area, I'm just pushing back against this silly notion that it's a far superior location to Glendale. Better yes, far superior...haha f*** no!

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I made myself perfectly clear, it's about being as centrally located as possible. You need to update that 90's knowledge you're working off of man, go to google maps and type in "Phoenix" then zoom out a little and seriously look at how much the landscape has changed.

Also I will reiterate...again...I'm all for Fiesta Mall area, I'm just pushing back against this silly notion that it's a far superior location to Glendale. Better yes, far superior...haha f*** no!
You’re the one with the date 90s knowledge. As I just demonstrated with actual numbers. Which you refuse to do. Which leads me to believe you have literally nothing to back up this opinion.

I'm couldn't care less what you believe and none of your personal BS will ever stop me from posting what I want. If it makes you feel good to always make it personal have at it.
I don’t want you to stop posting. I just took you off ignore! Haha. ;)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Gilbert
Population: 275k
Med.Household Inc: $106k
Population <65 yrs: 90%

Scottsdale
Population: 243k
Med.Household Inc: $97k
Population <65 yrs: 75%

Things change.
You're not Scottsdale my dude, let it go! You're just not, not by any stretch of the imagination!

Reactions: cobra427

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ

You don’t need to be centrally located to Phoenix. Sorry boss. The fan base is more east. Along the 101 is perfect

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You don’t need to be centrally located to Phoenix. Sorry boss. The fan base is more east. Along the 101 is perfect
No, no, not central to the city of Phoenix, central to the Phoenix metro population. Ideally that would probably be Arcadia area but no room for an arena around there and shitty freeway access. Along the 101 is good as long as it's sufficiently north. Too many people around here stuck in the East vs West silliness and are forgetting North and South which play a big roll as well.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

If heat maps of potential ticket buyers, number of community rinks, and density of hockey fans are the key items, then Quebec City blows every Arizona location out of the water.

And it's not even close.

Everyone here is living in their own fantasy land. I keep thinking that Westgate wasn't so bad because I spent a lot of money I probably shouldn't have on hockey games there. The East Valley folks keep believing that there is some magic in the Chosen Land that will bring glory to the franchise just by the nature of the location and demographics. All of us rationalize the empty Mullett seats because of the prices and rationalize the Tempe loss because of poor messaging.

But deep down, under the denial layer, we all know that the team as it stands now would be better off somewhere else. The brand has been catastrophically crippled and the fact that we are arguing over a delta of about a thousand people, optimistically speaking, is simply deflection.

I say that the healthiest thing we can do is STFO with the martyr and superiority complexes and get behind whatever local arena plan the team manages to pull out of its ass. We should be linking arms in solidarity because there are godawfully few of us left, and in a sane world we would be watching moving trucks by now instead of retaining any hope for the future.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You’re the one with the date 90s knowledge. As I just demonstrated with actual numbers. Which you refuse to do. Which leads me to believe you have literally nothing to back up this opinion.

I don’t want you to stop posting. I just took you off ignore! Haha. ;)
Scottsdale is on the map nationally with world class restaurants, resorts, nightlife, etc. no one outside of AZ knows what the f*** Gilbert is let alone where it is. Again doesn't matter but just saying this idea the Gilbert and Scottsdale are basically the same cause money is just wishful thinking.

I say that the healthiest thing we can do is STFO with the martyr and superiority complexes and get behind whatever local arena plan the team manages to pull out of its ass. We should be linking arms in solidarity because there are godawfully few of us left, and in a sane world we would be watching moving trucks by now instead of retaining any hope for the future.
I can't disagree with any of that. Hell I'll support an arena in Apache Junction, I just want them to stay here, that's all I care about!!!

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If heat maps of potential ticket buyers, number of community rinks, and density of hockey fans are the key items, then Quebec City blows every Arizona location out of the water.

And it's not even close.

Everyone here is living in their own fantasy land. I keep thinking that Westgate wasn't so bad because I spent a lot of money I probably shouldn't have on hockey games there. The East Valley folks keep believing that there is some magic in the Chosen Land that will bring glory to the franchise just by the nature of the location and demographics. All of us rationalize the empty Mullett seats because of the prices and rationalize the Tempe loss because of poor messaging.

But deep down, under the denial layer, we all know that the team as it stands now would be better off somewhere else. The brand has been catastrophically crippled and the fact that we are arguing over a delta of about a thousand people, optimistically speaking, is simply deflection.

You’re doing the thing you’re saying we shouldn’t do.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Scottsdale is on the map nationally with world class restaurants, resorts, nightlife, etc. no one outside of AZ knows what the f*** Gilbert is let alone where it is. Again doesn't matter but just saying this idea the Gilbert and Scottsdale are basically the same cause money is just wishful thinking.

I can't disagree with any of that. Hell I'll support an arena in Apache Junction, I just want them to stay here, that's all I care about!!!

The nonsense has gotten out of hand. You keep scrambling. Your point was that Fiesta is as poorly located as Desert Diamond. It’s absolutely not. It’s a significantly better location for all of the reasons stated. You’ve given no support at all for your claim other than miles from downtown Phoenix and that it’s not in Scottsdale. This isn’t an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad