Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Coming by to say I'm hoping it works out for you guys. I created my account here on 8/1/11, the same day the Isles' "backup to the backup" option failed with a lost public referendum on having Nassau County fund a new arena. By that time, the original "Great Hope," the Lighthouse Project - part inspiration for my avatar- was already dead in the water for years. When the referendum results came in, things were looking pretty desperate, and the team even ended up in Brooklyn for a while, but they're back where they belong in Nassau now in a beautiful new arena.

I mention this history because things can work out even when it seems like there's only nebulous "options" but no "sure things" in the pipeline. The uncertainty can be maddeningly hard to deal with. I see a mall area is currently being considered - why not?! In the meantime, keep filling up Mullet and I hope to get to a game there during the next season. Enjoy the unique Mullet situation while it serves as a temporary home before the Coyotes find their permanent AZ location.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just saw Friedman on NHL network. He referenced Fertitta’s lack of interest in the past…nothing about his financial means.
For Fertitia my read on him is that he would buy the coyotes to add to his portfolio if it comes at a good price. But he’s not paying what Nash, Pitt and Ottawa are selling for which is $900 mill.

NHL has used up the majority of non nba arenas. Only so many places left. If you’re trying to get to an nba city you are dealing with the nba owner.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't think they can offer the Coyotes the original deal. There may be a way that Glendale sells the arena to the Coyotes, or maybe there's additional real estate in the Westgate area that Glendale throws in. I was shocked when I went through the calendar of events. Without regular bookings, they might as well blow it up and build something else in it's place. It's got to be bleeding money, and the longer it stays semi- vacant. the more it will deteriorate and go into disrepair.

Remember, the businesses in Westgate also count on the arena for revenue. That's quite a bit of lost income.
Don’t see Bettman ever letting that happen. Still furious with COG. And It’s proven to be a
Location that can’t make money…so no go from AM.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Don’t see Bettman ever letting that happen. Still furious with COG. And It’s proven to be a
Location that can’t make money…so no go from AM.
There's just an arena. No land to develop. That doesn't work anywhere. The fact that it's in Glendale is irrelevant. Only chance it had was for the GoDaddy guy to buy the team when he bought Westgate. Just like our problem since the team moved here, no rich Arizona people want to buy this team. Westgate is flourishing since he bought it so I don't think it will be for sale in the near future and even if it was, it would probably be too expensive now for Meruelo anyway.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That is the Fiesta District. That’s what is being discussed.

I used to go to Glendale Arena quite a bit when I lived near Fiesta. Not full season tickets or anything. But 8-10/yr.
I know it's the area being discussed. Shit area.

InfoDesk

May 17, 2023
For Fertitia my read on him is that he would buy the coyotes to add to his portfolio if it comes at a good price. But he’s not paying what Nash, Pitt and Ottawa are selling for which is $900 mill.

NHL has used up the majority of non nba arenas. Only so many places left. If you’re trying to get to an nba city you are dealing with the nba owner.
There are no nba arenas with NHL team in. Every arena except for Lakers is a hockey dominated market.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Pfft, I've been watching for years, he's just warming up.

To Mom: a new kitchen, and 5 days at her favorite day spa
To Dad: a new set of power tools, and an upgrade to the boat
To Junior: a skateboard, a scooter, and the latest Xbox/PS/Whatever
You get a mystery box.
That could be anything. Even a boat.

Reactions: hbk

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Who runs the AZ coyotes twitter? Just when you think you have hit rock bottom someone puts out a tweet like this..

uninformed Canadian media doesnt need anymore ammo..
I suspect it’s a someone interested in maximizing engagement and being a bit goofy. Probably a 24 year old woman who’s not a hockey fan and isn’t paid enough.

Old guy journalists from Canada who scream at social admins like they are the personification of the team itself are just a bit behind it all, I think.

Frank Seravalli can’t figure it out, that’s for sure. But I also heard him talking on his podcast once about how he planned to go from 300lbs to 200lbs by cutting back on sugary soda. He’s a very short man who drinks ten cans of Coke per day.

This is the face of a 35 year old man. And I’m not kidding. He’s 35 years old:

4FBA1F0F-A2F6-40A6-9A04-8424A13D797A.jpeg

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Who runs the AZ coyotes twitter? Just when you think you have hit rock bottom someone puts out a tweet like this..

uninformed Canadian media doesnt need anymore ammo..

Oh but it's living in the heads of media writers everywhere.

Oh.... it's also had over 85,000 votes as of a few minutes ago.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
If Fiesta Mall happens, completing the light rail line to Chandler makes a lot of sense.

Screenshot_20230519-053329.png

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Google tells me that the Fiesta Mall site is only 6 miles from Mullett. Is that that big of a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad