Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ok. Yes. That would be the funniest possible outcome.

Why would Fiesta Mall be funny? I don’t understand.

I just looked at the buildable area

TED - ~2.1m Sq ft
Fiesta - 2.8m Sq ft without buying or demoing any of the existing perimeter buildings

I don't know if it qualifies as funny but that area is bigger than it appears at first blush. It could fit a TED sized project.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Might be really hard to find a buyer these days as most will want the same type of real estate play that just got voted down. That's where the money is and not really in the team.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
$2.4 billion into the Spurs.
$650 million into a steakhouse chain. After the expansion to Houston talk.

In BoH we had a transcript of him having a lunch with Trump at the White House during the pandemic with a couple of other billionaires talking bailout loans.

Net worth doesn’t mean liquidity.

So not typical Morgan. Typical Jakey not doing his homework.
So it seems like the NHL is in a situation where every possible relocation option actually completely sucks. Very nice. Very good. I like it a lot. :)

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Net worth does mean ability to borrow though unless you think Mureulo is just sitting on cash?
Exactly what I just told Jakey.

Meruelo had letters of credit from seven national banks on hand for TED. He’s not liquid. But he’s got the reach.

I got the joke, I'm not from Ontario but I do like facts.

It’s all I ever try to present.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

TED - ~2.1m Sq ft
Fiesta - 2.8m Sq ft without buying or demoing any of the existing perimeter buildings

I don't know if it qualifies as funny but that area is bigger than it appears at first blush. It could fit a TED sized project.
Boy does it need it. I love Gilbert. It’s my favorite town. But the Fiesta District is my home town. I’d love to see it revitalized.

Reactions: Joe Cooley

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Buying the land and making TED work as intended, circumventing the no vote.

But the cash isn't there for that. So it would need to be the tribal land that is arguably a better spot with less oversight right across from Tempe Marketplace.
What do you mean the cash isn't there? I thought the Coyote's had to hand over $50 mil. to Tempe if the vote passed. Now Tempe says they can't afford or don't have the budget to clean it up so they sell it to AM for $1. and AM builds what he wants. AM is not worried about lawsuits and Tempe stays clear of paying for any lawsuits like in the original deal.

Salsero1

Nov 10, 2022
Hey guys. I'm sorry about the vote, I don't want your team to leave, it was my first love as a sports team when they began playing when I was in kindergarden (I grew up in upstate NY). I want a reason to visit Arizona again! My questions are wrt returning to the Sun's building.

- All of the franchise's problems can be traced back to being a paying tenant at AWA, correct?
- If the Sun's own bought them, then wouldn't that avoid the whole issue of being a paying tenant, ie they would have access to the arena revenue?
- The barrier is AM can't be the owner if they play in AWA, only the Sun's owner can be in the picture?

Gary should get a direct line to Ishbia and offer him the team for 3.50. They can get some creative accounting to make it look like he paid something for it.

You guys are so likable, I don't want to see you disband.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Ok. Yes. That would be the funniest possible outcome.

Why would Fiesta Mall be funny? I don’t understand.

That gif is often contextualized to mean a misdirect. 🤷*Shrug

So far, in terms of funny, I'm liking the Ryan Reynolds guess the most.

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I can't believe you turned this into a trade proposal. If you start coming up with a half dozen of these every day, I think an intervention will be in order.
Pfft, I've been watching for years, he's just warming up.

To Mom: a new kitchen, and 5 days at her favorite day spa
To Dad: a new set of power tools, and an upgrade to the boat
To Junior: a skateboard, a scooter, and the latest Xbox/PS/Whatever

• Haha

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
$2.4 billion into the Spurs.
$650 million into a steakhouse chain. After the expansion to Houston talk.

In BoH we had a transcript of him having a lunch with Trump at the White House during the pandemic with a couple of other billionaires talking bailout loans.

Net worth doesn’t mean liquidity.

So not typical Morgan. Typical Jakey not doing his homework.
You can borrow having that NET worth. You do know what net worth means? You think billionaires pay cash for everything?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
- If the Sun's own bought them, then wouldn't that avoid the whole issue of being a paying tenant, ie they would have access to the arena revenue?
- The barrier is AM can't be the owner if they play in AWA, only the Sun's owner can be in the picture?

The barrier is the Suns arena sucked ass for hockey twenty years ago and hasn't gotten any better with basketball only renovations. The Suns are stuck there for the foreseeable future. Even if you could overhaul the ice plant and all that, it'd be a bad experience sightlines wise.

They actually asked the NHL if they intended to put a team in Phoenix when designing AWA and the league said no, so you can sort of see fate f***ing hates the Coyotes and has for decades.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

TED - ~2.1m Sq ft

I read somewhere that Fiesta land is 80 acres.

InfoDesk

May 17, 2023
I just can't see Ishbia partnering with us given his partnership with Phoenix and the Mereulo lawsuit against Phoenix. I'm sure it has been dropped but it is still a tough sell for the city.

LOL! How asinine is it to put out a poll to see which city fans want them to build in, like they can just pick which one and make it happen after failing to get it done in another?
Not really. They can build it anywhere they want now

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You can borrow having that NET worth. You do know what net worth means? You think billionaires pay cash for everything?

Sure…. If a bank knows you’re a customer who honors deals in good faith.

Why do you think a “billionaire” like Trump has to go overseas to get his money? And with banks notorious about shady dealings.? No bank in the US will touch him.

Not saying Fertitta is like Trump, just say assets aren’t the only factor.

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

TED - ~2.1m Sq ft

Like I said, what if we just drop ol' TED right on top of Fiesta Mall? Like Remo for going back to Glendale, it's the closest option for me so it can't happen...but it would work!

Reactions: RemoAZ

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
If Ryan Reynolds wants an underdog story... I doubt there is a bigger one than us on the entire planet. I mean, the movie script writes itself really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad