Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This was actually an extremely good rundown of the entire situation, past, present and future.

For someone already up-to-speed on these events, the most interesting nugget was regarding Tillman Fertitta. Morgan stated that he was “vetted” by the NHL and found to have not had the money to buy the team and didn’t want to put up the money necessary to buy the team.

Sounds like it’s not just “he didn’t like the price” and more like “he couldn’t afford the price” which is a whole different thing. And possibly the only reason they aren’t already in Houston, I’d think.
What am I missing here as Forbes has him in the top 100 richest Americans and worth over $8 billion??

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
pYeah, well... to a west-sider like me, the subtleties are lost - it's just "FAR." :D In fairness, isn't that what most folks on the east side said about Westgate? So it really comes down to a level of caring based on how much inconvenience one is subjected to. Of course, it also comes down to a question of which group of people deserve to be less inconvenienced, and that's when things get ugly around here, so let's not go there. ;)

When I lived in Paradise Valley, I did the daily commute down to the Arizona Mills area. It suuuuuuuuucked.

...for Chandler, Gilbert, and Mesa residents, sure. And Glendale worked wonderfully for Glendale, Peoria, Goodyear, Avondale, and Phoenix residents. See
Posting because I have no idea how to delete a draft.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
What are you missing? Seems like you’re correct. I wonder what Craig is missing. Seems like the facts. Hahaha.

I thought I remembered Fertitta as being mega rich.
Craig has had a rough week so I guess we can cut him some slack??

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Got me thinking: what would be the funniest possible outcome?

Buying the land and making TED work as intended, circumventing the no vote.

But the cash isn't there for that. So it would need to be the tribal land that is arguably a better spot with less oversight right across from Tempe Marketplace.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder if Godaddy and PXG guy would consider the Coyotes and the arena at Westgate to own the whole area?

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Wouldn't they just need a campus apartment address? Even a dorm? Idk if the law is different in Arizona, I went to school back in Illinois, but I was able to vote in my precinct just because I registered my apartment address.
No, AZ students aren't allowed to vote in state or local elections unless their permanent home address is there, i.e. Tempe in this case.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Buying the land and making TED work as intended, circumventing the no vote.

But the cash isn't there for that. So it would need to be the tribal land that is arguably a better spot with less oversight right across from Tempe Marketplace.
Unless he brings in a partner with deep pockets.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Wonder if Godaddy and PXG guy would consider the Coyotes and the arena at Westgate to own the whole area?
That's always been my dream outcome. Put the project back together and it's working as intended although a couple decades after the fact. That would make me too happy so it has zero chance of happening. Kind of like us winning the lottery.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Tillman's net worth is $8 Billion. Typical Morgan.
$2.4 billion into the Spurs.
$650 million into a steakhouse chain. After the expansion to Houston talk.

In BoH we had a transcript of him having a lunch with Trump at the White House during the pandemic with a couple of other billionaires talking bailout loans.

Net worth doesn’t mean liquidity.

So not typical Morgan. Typical Jakey not doing his homework.

Reactions: Kaizen and Grimes

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
$2.4 billion into the Spurs.
$650 million into a steakhouse chain. After the expansion to Houston talk.

In BoH we had a transcript of him having a lunch with Trump at the White House during the pandemic with a couple of other billionaires talking bailout loans.

Net worth doesn’t mean liquidity.

So not typical Morgan. Typical Jakey not doing his homework.
Net worth does mean ability to borrow though unless you think Mureulo is just sitting on cash?

Sorry. “The Reynolds Group” does that help my joke be more precise? I know you require the utmost accuracy a solemn respect when discussing anything to do with the province of Ontario. You absolute freaking mole. ;)
I got the joke, I'm not from Ontario but I do like facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad