Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Winnipeg only happened because they needed a location right away that had to be turnkey. The Manitoba Moose operating successfully as an AHL franchise and being able to take the team practically overnight is the only reason the NHL allowed a franchise to move there. Atlanta had nowhere to play and nobody wanted to own them.

The Coyotes have an owner who seems to have very, very little interest in making a go of it in Arizona. He spent nothing on the campaign. They didn’t even try. They’re playing as temporary guests in an NCAA rink.

The NHL does NOT want to go back to Quebec but that’s the only market with a new building, willing owners, and a turnkey operation (The Remparts have been selling 18,000 tickets per game this playoffs). Could this be the one in a million shot Quebec has to get a team? Like Winnipeg did?
Quebec City has population of 550 thousand.I doesn't matter how many tickets they sell.It is not sustainable in a long run.

Reactions: Laus723

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Before we burn this mf down, DM me if any of you wanna stay connected on socials. We’ve only met each other a few time, but you guys are still my friends :)
I'm already in the Coyotes discord, which I hope will stay up, but if anyone wants to add me on discord I'm Astolfo#6507 just message me and tell me who you are first lol

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Before we burn this mf down, DM me if any of you wanna stay connected on socials. We’ve only met each other a few time, but you guys are still my friends :)
@srasner on the gram. My time here is limited brotha.

Been here since 2008. I’ve kind of fallen off following the coyotes the past 3 years or so anyway so a clean break might be in order.

Been fun, lots of excellent people on f40. Feel like I know most of you without ever even meeting you.

I’ll watch the draft and see where that goes but I think the lights are going out haha

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
This piece of shit state doesn’t want or deserve hockey. Tempe can burn to the ground with their garbage for all I f***ing care at this point

Reactions: justin323032

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Man, my heart breaks for you folks. This did NOT have to happen. The whiteouts in the early years, the most beautiful jerseys ever, watching Doan and Khabibulin, hoping it would take off and that somebody with some sense could find a way to build a downtown rink..and now this. You deserved so damned much better.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sadly it’s another example of Coyote ownership botching a deal.
I feel bad for the fans. But with the ownership you guys have had, the NHL should fix the sale price of the franchise at $1 to flip the bird to those nincompoops.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Vintage Rusty Klesla sweater >>>>> than new Fanatics trash.

Shame his brains were scrambled great SAH D.
I was thinking they started next season but low and behold it's already in the shop. Let's just face it, the NHL sucks.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hoping there’s a way this works out and the Yotes can stay in the state. No fanbase should lose their team.
We are the exception, based on everything I've read lately (and for the past 20 years, really, if I'm being honest).

I want to say I wish I could have the many thousands of dollars I spent as a STH back, but then I remember the nights I spent at the rink with my family and I can't be THAT cynical.

It was a good run, but it's over. Meruelo and the League are outta here in a year or less. I can always cheer for Wrexham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad