Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
End result is going to be a park or affordable housing. Lol...just kidding, it's going to be business buildings like the rest of Tempe town lake and some distant backers of Tempe 1st will make a killing. Smooth brained Tempe voters will still think they totally beat out the billionaires. Lol...stupid motherf***ers!

Will be interesting to see what Tempe eventually does with the land. The fundamental problem remains cleanup costs are twice the value of the land after cleanup.

I‘m not confident Tempe could give the land away for free. And even if they tried to do that there’d probably be a referendum objecting to ”giving land away for free”.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Getting money for commercial real estate is hard right now. I think it's more likely the land stays undeveloped.

I don't know. There's an office space glut and someone still needs to foot the cleanup cost.
Well I mean yeah, nothing is certainly an option too, the point is this thing remains a landfill or ends up something way less redeeming than TED. Tempe voters blew off their nose to spite their face. Like I said, a bunch of dumb motherf***ers!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think most of us are numb at this point.

Pretty much here. I've barely followed this thing. Didn't even realize it was an 8PM dump I just happened to be online moderating some stuff.

'member the days of city council hearings in Glendale? There was at least a groundswell of support. People seemed to care. However many people rallied back in 2009-2013, that isn't here today. The fanbase is beaten down over 14 years of limbo. Covid made fewer people deeply invested in sports than ever.

To say nothing of the obviously poor effort and plan to actually win a half baked......off cycle non-november vote.
brilliant-guiness.gif

Reactions: ck26

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Somehow I still have hopium on this. There must have been the expectation that this would happen right?
Right.
Plan B is AZ.
I understand why the sentiment is so low here right now, but I don't think it's warranted.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Another terrible chapter in a book full of them.
I can picture the ownership team drafting frenetically one of those awful, bitter, raging press releases/statements that we have been accustomed to.
God those are so cringe and really bring that ghetto new money energy.

Reactions: XX

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I really hope Javier comes out with plan B.
if he doesn’t touch on that , then I think they never had a plan B
XG is going to say they are disappointed , but have another option that they will be announcing in the next 2 weeks

edit oh just read Craig’s twitter

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Their spend was still paltry in the grand scheme. Less than a Zach Kassian buyout. And they still outspent the Yotes. At least on digital.

There is no excuse for the Coyotes. I have said at every step that everything they’re doing is all wrong. They were late, they were cheap, and they were incompetent. No excuse. Their strategy was an obvious loser. Their execution was poor. They didn’t do one thing right.

If you wanted to lose on purpose but make it seem like you weren’t trying to lose, this is what that would look like. The least amount of money and least amount of effort to at least pass a cursory inspection for an attempted campaign. This was a shell job. A shell campaign. For what I suspect is a shell owner.

There is no other explanation. They either wanted to lose or they’re incredibly inept. Those are your only options. Pick whichever one you want.
I don't think it would have mattered. This was a landslide loss. I'm really at a lose for words. I really don't know what to think. Mind you it's Arizona. Full of dumb politicians and dumb people.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Lame, I was getting used to not worrying about the business-side massively affecting the ability to even field a team. It was nice only being concerned with the management of the hockey side of things like a fan in basically every other market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad