NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I know the cap is going up but . . .
Verhaeghe deal from age 30-36.
Who thinks he's an elite player who'll play at a high level past 32?

But to be fair, Florida is in "win now" mode, if they suck 5 years from now . . .

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Maybe because they were facing skaters who didn't have the workout habits, nutrition, better shape, better trainers and physical therapy, either. Plus, they all looked like they were skating in their pajamas.
😉
Fair point. Though I do not buy the over worked angle is all. At least to the extreme that some do.

I know the cap is going up but . . .
Verhaeghe deal from age 30-36.
Who thinks he's an elite player who'll play at a high level past 32?

But to be fair, Florida is in "win now" mode, if they suck 5 years from now . . .
Who thinks TK will still be a productive player at 32 +.

Reactions: BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Fair point. Though I do not buy the over worked angle is all. At least to the extreme that some do.
I'm a fellow -- as in never sniffed competitive levels -- goalie so I am always sympathetic, but I don't disagree with your original post. Mind you, I couldn't fathom professional-level rigours of stopping 100 mph rubber bullets while doing the splits 20 times a game.

Reactions: blackjackmulligan

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Who thinks TK will still be a productive player at 32 +.
I'd bet on him over Verhaeghe. Though I would have traded him.

Verhaeghe is in the ideal situation for him in Florida, don't think he'd be the same player on say the Flyers the last few seasons.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'd bet on him over Verhaeghe. Though I would have traded him.

Verhaeghe is in the ideal situation for him in Florida, don't think he'd be the same player on say the Flyers the last few seasons.

No one except a few would be the same player on the Flyers. CV also has less NHL milage on this body. Has played 200+ games less. Also don't seem to recall him being hurt.

As long as Torts is the coach that is one reason why no high end free agent forwards will come to Philly. Barring a total overpay.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No one except a few would be the same player on the Flyers. CV also has less NHL milage on this body. Has played 200+ games less. Also don't seem to recall him being hurt.

As long as Torts is the coach that is one reason why no high end free agent forwards will come to Philly. Barring a total overpay.
Good. Team is better off not overpaying for a 29 year old FA who's getting paid based on his peak seasons for his aging seasons.

Better move is to package assets for a 25-26 year old with a RFA or two season left, then extend him from age 27-34.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Good. Team is better off not overpaying for a 29 year old FA who's getting paid based on his peak seasons for his aging seasons.

Better move is to package assets for a 25-26 year old with a RFA or two season left, then extend him from age 27-34.
They are going to go that route as 2 of the 3 stooges already have said as much. Soon as they have money it will spent real fast.

They will get #2 center or #3 dman and pass them off as top line players.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Once cleared waivers.
incovfefeable.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad