If there a TV series where the last series is definitely the best?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I haven't seen it yet (because the first two seasons left such a bad taste), but everyone who has seems to agree that Season 3 of Star Trek: Picard is far and away the best. In fact, I've seen countless fans tell people to just skip the first two seasons entirely and watch only Season 3. I can't think of any other TV series for which people would recommend such a thing.

I've always felt that the third and final season of Gilligan's Island was the best, maybe not clearly, but it was really getting into its groove when it was cancelled.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think it's either the Shield or the Americans. The Americans started fairly mediocre/average and just got better and better each season after (slight dip in season 5). I think season 6 was it's best, though its maybe hard to say definitively.

I'd still have S2 of the Leftovers as it's best. But S3 is still definitely one of the best last seasons for a show ever.

Interesting. I'm watching both the Shield and the Americans.

On the last season of the Shield and so far so good. We shall see if it tops the first couple of seasons.

Americans I'm on season 5 and it is definitely the weakest season so far. Again, first two seasons were the best for me.

Even if they don't better earlier seasons, it sounds like they will at least be good and satisfactory ending seasons.

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad