Post-Game Talk: WEEK 13 Chargers 6 Patriots 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You can say that about Parker, JuJu, Boute, and Thornton this season for Mac as well. Lots of close plays that the receivers failed to make. It's their MO because like I've been saying, they're not a good group. They're all garbage, in fact.

Whether he's 3 games in or 300, Zappe is what you see. A limited player with a low ceiling. You want to make it about Mac vs Zappe but in reality, most rational people understand both aren't good enough. But hey, you do you and die on whatever hill you want. Just remember to be honest with yourself about it instead of this bullshit you're spinning here about how Zappe looked. He wasn't good at all. If he plays more, they're going to keep losing, which is perfect.

I enjoyed the game, I'm rooting for Zappe, Next year we will see a new QB top pick and things will be different but I had a feeling the 2-9's would be extra critical today after giving Jones a pass for 3 years. Steelers on Thursday we can see what happens. At least it's something to talk about at 2-10

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The only two QBs we should be arguing about are Caleb Williams and Drake Maye, not Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe, the milquetoast brothers.
Is it bad that neither of these guys has me believing they're the real deal? Williams scares the shit out of me, in fact. Guy seems like a f***ing basket case.

Reactions: Mione134

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I enjoyed the game, I'm rooting for Zappe, Next year we will see a new QB top pick and things will be different but I had a feeling the 2-9's would be extra critical today after giving Jones a pass for 3 years. Steelers on Thursday we can see what happens. At least it's something to talk about at 2-10

You don't say? You're an island unto yourself because that was a pathetic display of offensive ineptitude today. There was zero chance of even a threat to score. You can hate on whomever you want, but at least Jones could move the ball at times. Zappe did literally nothing. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out. Did they even get into the red zone once today? Serious question for you because I don't think they did. I mean shit, they barely crossed into Charger's territory.

The only way things will be different next year is if they get rid of the clown that has driven this team into the ground. Leaving him here and putting him in charge of grooming the next quarterback would be the biggest mistake this franchise could make.

Last edited:
Reactions: smithformeragent

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
If they don’t address the receiver position they’re going to draft a new QB and it’s going to look exactly the same.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You don't say? You're an island unto yourself because that was a pathetic display of offensive ineptitude today. There was zero change of even a threat to score. You can hate on whomever you want, but at least Jones could move the ball at times. Zappe did literally nothing. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out. Did they even get into the red zone once today? Serious question for you because I don't think they did. I mean shit, they barely crossed into Charger's territory.

The only way things will be different next year is if they get rid of the clown that has driven this team into the ground. Leaving him here and putting him in charge of grooming the next quarterback would be the biggest mistake this franchise could make.
Bill is probably gone to a contender so I wouldn't worry. I don't care if he stays or goes either way, but as long as there is a new QB Im good. I think Bill will thrive with a good QB who can make throws when he goes to his new team

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
They probably win this game if Rham doesn't get hurt. He was carving LA up. Instead they had to switch the gameplan so they didn't burn out Zeke and when they opened things up until later Zappe threw some great balls, through Thornton's hands, or Parker going oob on what was probably DPI, that should have led to points.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII and KrejciMVP

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Is it bad that neither of these guys has me believing they're the real deal? Williams scares the shit out of me, in fact. Guy seems like a f***ing basket case.

No, but you kind of have to take one of them if they're there. The 2025 QB draft class isn't very exciting at the moment, so if they don't take a QB this year, there's no guarantee they'll be in a position to take a better one next year.

I've seen people mention the idea of Marvin Harrison Jr. and then take a QB in the 2nd round or trade up, but that feels like a tough gamble. There are people who are high on some of the 2nd tier QBs, but I'm not one of them.

Reactions: LSCII

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How many of those people do you think were ripping Mac after his third career start?

I'd have to go back and look honestly. Can't wait for next week when Zappe and Patriots are trash again and Zappe's fan club starts off with....it's only his 4th career start.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

He should be lucky he didn't get tossed in jail. Guys a loser.

I want MHJ and then a QB with their next pick.
That should be the goal. This team has a LOT of holes. Get that obvious big # 1 WR first. Then fill out the rest. If you pick up Mac's cheap option and draft a QB that's fine by me. Zappe ain't gonna be on this roster next year. We have holes EVERYWHERE. It's glaring.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
No, but you kind of have to take one of them if they're there. The 2025 QB draft class isn't very exciting at the moment, so if they don't take a QB this year, there's no guarantee they'll be in a position to take a better one next year.

I've seen people mention the idea of Marvin Harrison Jr. and then take a QB in the 2nd round or trade up, but that feels like a tough gamble. There are people who are high on some of the 2nd tier QBs, but I'm not one of them.

But why do they need to draft a QB? There is maybe 1-2 QB's in the NFL that could have success with the dumpster fire offense. Build the line and bring in some skill. Even an average QB can have succes if they get good protect and have actual playmakers to get the ball to

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Sure Mac will be cheap but you're also the worst team in football under him getting pulled from Monday night games which is a big cost

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sure Mac will be cheap but you're also the worst team in football under him getting pulled from Monday night games which is a big cost
He's not the reason why they got pulled from MNF. From top to bottom, from coaching staff to head coach, to GM, to scouting and talent advisor, they suck. Both sides of the ball.

This team needs a complete overhaul. It's obvious to everyone. I don't think it can be done in one off-season, but changes have to be made.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd have to go back and look honestly. Can't wait for next week when Zappe and Patriots are trash again and Zappe's fan club starts off with....it's only his 4th career start.
It's a predictably silly response from the Zappe fan club. They've been waiving their Bailey pom poms for two years now claiming the only issue stopping this team was Mac Jones and that the team would look far superior if Bailey was starting. They ignored the truth when all 32 teams, including his own, decided he wasn't good enough to take a flier on. And they've convinced themselves that what they watched today was good despite the team not getting into the red zone once as far as I can tell. But hey, Zappe was a Tyquan Thornton drop and a Parker foot being out of bounds from lighting up that scoreboard. :naughty:

Reactions: ON3M4N and Mione134

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I'd have to go back and look honestly. Can't wait for next week when Zappe and Patriots are trash again and Happens fan club starts off with....it's only his 4th career start.
We all know Zappe is starting from a low baseline, we all know the team is awful, it's just silly to take some victory lap about him being worse than Mac, when it was one game, his first start in forever, where he wasn't even terrible as Mac has been, and when he didn't even have their 2 best players on O, Rham and Pop. Literally no one is saying he's the solution or the future to anything. I'd still rather watch him than Mac.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
But why do they need to draft a QB? There is maybe 1-2 QB's in the NFL that could have success with the dumpster fire offense. Build the line and bring in some skill. Even an average QB can have succes if they get good protect and have actual playmakers to get the ball to
Because its the most important position in football and hardest to find. I want a QB that can run and can throw a pass with velocity while we figure out if they can win. Other teams have functional QBs. Why cant we?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's a predictably silly response from the Zappe fan club. They've been waiving their Bailey pom poms for two years now claiming the only issue stopping this team was Mac Jones and that the team would look far superior if Bailey was starting. They ignored the truth when all 32 teams, including his own, decided he wasn't good enough to take a flier on. And they've convinced themselves that what they watched today was good despite the team not getting into the red zone once as far as I can tell. But hey, Zappe was a Tyquan Thornton drop and a Parker foot being out of bounds from lighting up that scoreboard. :naughty:

Still can tell the Mac crew is nervous though as they are working OT today. Like I said, an enjoyable in season prop to make 2-10 interesting. Zappe will get better as he gets more playing time as he looked better 2nd half today in bad weather.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bill is probably gone to a contender so I wouldn't worry. I don't care if he stays or goes either way, but as long as there is a new QB Im good. I think Bill will thrive with a good QB who can make throws when he goes to his new team
Why do you say that? What team with a good quarterback that can make throws is looking for a head coach? Most teams that want to change the head coach are doing so because they're a mess. Even with that being said, why do you think Bill would do well if he did get into a situation with a good team and quarterback? His track record screams the exact opposite in fact. His time in Cleveland, and stop me if you've heard this shit before, was marred by him creating a quarterback controversy. What followed was a whole lot of losing. Take Brady out of his life and the guy is a loser. Lost every stop he's had in fact. Loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad