NFL GDT: Week 11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There's a lot of blame to go around. Garrett just escalated it to a level the players know they can't go. He doesn't swing that helmet and this is merely a talking point with sports casters tomorrow afternoon where they laugh at scrums. The helmet swing makes it something the league has to get involved with, especially on national television.

the problem was the helmet swing.

if he just merely removed the helmet and it was lying on the field, it’s Seen differently.

when he swung the helmet, that’s what made this a disaster.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

if he just merely removed the helmet and it was lying on the field, it’s Seen differently.

Even if he swung the helmet at the guy's chest that'd be bad but not AS bad as swinging it at an exposed head.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I know the melee at the end is going to dominate this (as it should) but earlier a dude got hit in the head so hard he started bleeding from his ears.

Thats insane. What a hideous game tonight.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I know the melee at the end is going to dominate this (as it should) but earlier a dude got hit in the head so hard he started bleeding from his ears.

Thats insane. What a hideous game tonight.
Rudolph also drew a helmet to helmet call on the same play Juju was hit in the head by 2 Browns db's. They were coached to play this way, imo.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I think the NFL banned beer bottles from being sold at games, correct me if I'm wrong?

Not sure. But at least they were plastic bottles at that time. Though that could still cause significant damage.

I still recall viewing this game below as a kid. They nearly called it after that poor guy got knocked out.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
f*** Mason Rudolph, I hope Kaepernick steals his job. Would be Chefs kiss times a million.

That is all.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You said that Rudolph started it, which is blatantly false.

The It here is assault with a helmet. Not run-of-the-mill pushing.

Not to mention, Garrett started the entire thing with a pointlessly violent hit in the dying seconds of a lopsided victory.

It’s not, though.

There’s a good argument it’s unnecessary roughness by Garrett. Okay, happens fairly often, no big deal. Let the refs flag it, there’s still time on the clock (dying seconds or not, the game is still going on); it happens. It wasn’t a particularly violent hit, just maybe a bit late and he should’ve released, unless he thought Rudolph still had the ball, which isn’t unreasonable.

Rudolph escalates beyond that by trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off first. That’s blatantly obvious. From there, Garrett escalates it even further. Also obvious.

Let’s not pretend like Rudolph is completely innocent and Garrett did this unprovoked.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
It’s not, though.

There’s a good argument it’s unnecessary roughness by Garrett. Okay, happens fairly often, no big deal. Let the refs flag it, there’s still time on the clock (dying seconds or not, the game is still going on); it happens. It wasn’t a particularly violent hit, just maybe a bit late and he should’ve released, unless he thought Rudolph still had the ball, which isn’t unreasonable.

Rudolph escalates beyond that by trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off first. That’s blatantly obvious. From there, Garrett escalates it even further. Also obvious.

Let’s not pretend like Rudolph is completely innocent and Garrett did this unprovoked.
Garrett used a helmet as a weapon to strike a player’s unprotected head. That’s all that matters here. Who started it is immaterial. I’m not interested in distributing blame and neither should anybody else.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So I wake up and see this discussion going on, did the Steelers do anything previously that would have necessitated a reaction from the Browns? The replays are showing basically Rudolph getting jumped, and then getting hit with his own helmet, and then another guy blows up Rudolph from behind while he’s not looking, which no one is even talking about, that would ordinarily incite a brawl on its own.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Have to mention Ogunjobi knocking a helmet-less Rudolph from behind after the play into the pile.

Cheap move.

That's not going to end well for Garrett. This was all him.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It’s not, though.

Garrett started it with a late hit on a QB on a meaningless play at the end of a game that was already over.

Rudolph escalated it but took it not much further than any other scrum.

Garrett took it to another stratosphere and could have quite literally caused brain damage to Rudolph.

Rudolph at most deserves a fine, Garrett deserves a season long suspension. It is really not important to focus on what Rudolph did to absolve Garrett of blame. There is no excuse for what he did, even his own teammates and coaches are saying it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Troy Aikman played against Buddy Ryan defenses twice a year and called what Garrett did the worst thing he's ever seen? Yeah, will be stunned if Garrett isn't done for a while.

Its up there with what Charles Martin did

Martin is worse IMO because he intentionally went out there to hurt Mcmahon

Needs to be at the very least a 16 games suspension IMO

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ryan Clark is idiot

Saying this is overreaction and blaming Rudolph

Also said that hitting him with helmet was nothing criminal and talked about Bertuzzi/Moore being an example of real criminal action

Also says this is not as bad as Haynesworth incident

What a joke

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Schefter really pushing the severity on Twitter. I think that’s an indication of how the NFL sees this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad