NFL GDT: Week 11

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Baker Mayfield calling like it is: ''Inexcusable...he knows that, he should now.''

This is going to be wall to wall until Sunday kickoff, and the league is going to want no part of the heat if they don't make a dramatic statement.

I'd be surprised if it's less than 4-5 games, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the rest of the season.

Never seen someone rip off a player's helmet and then swing it at the players head.

EDIT: And THAT is the lead on NFL Network. Garrett is done.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Suspend him for the rest of the year, that’s a joke. You’re one of the best young players in the league, But ya gots to go

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wrong.

Game’s over and Garrett unnecessarily slams Rudolph to the ground way after the ball is gone. That would be late even by old standards.

ESPECIALLY after two concussions due to dirty hits. If those Steelers players didn’t react I don’t want them anywhere near my football team.
Yes, it should have been an unnecessary roughness. It’s a penalty. They happen all the time. That doesn’t excuse Rudolph trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off or his teammates attacking Garrettt.

Garrett is going to get a well-deserved long suspension and hefty fine, but don’t overlook what dirty crap Rudolph pulled as well to start it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yes, it should have been an unnecessary roughness. It’s a penalty. They happen all the time. That doesn’t excuse Rudolph trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off or his teammates attacking Garrettt.

Garrett is going to get a well-deserved long suspension and hefty fine, but don’t overlook what dirty crap Rudolph pulled as well to start it.
Um, Garrett absolutely deserved to be attacked.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The longest suspension I can find in recent years for an onfield incident was Albert Hainsworth 5 games for the stomping incident. This is definitely worse, so I would hope the rest of the season for Garrett at very least.

I'd give 2 games to Pouncy, the curb stomps and punches should not be tolerated either, but less than they might be otherwise in an isolated incident.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The more I look at it I think Garrett’s suspension is going to continue into next season. A full 16 games wouldn’t be crazy between this year and next year.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is going to be wall to wall until Sunday kickoff, and the league is going to want no part of the heat if they don't make a dramatic statement.

I'd be surprised if it's less than 4-5 games, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the rest of the season.

Never seen someone rip off a player's helmet and then swing it at the players head.

EDIT: And THAT is the lead on NFL Network. Garrett is done.
The thing to watch for is how much coverage it gets beyond sports media. McSorley and Bertuzzi saw the NHL go extra heavy on them when their actions started getting a lot of attention beyond ESPN.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Myles Garrett had no business doing that, heat of the moment or whatever...that was not cool.
Using your opponents helmet as a weapon is just awful, this isn't the 1980's NFL...you cannot get away with this.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The thing to watch for is how much coverage it gets beyond sports media. McSorley and Bertuzzi saw the NHL go extra heavy on them when their actions started getting a lot of attention beyond ESPN.

It's going to get a lot.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The scrum and helmet removal was bad enough by itself.

the helmet swing basically made this a debacle.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is fascinating. Cleveland radio guys who only saw Pouncey's reaction and then the 'oh ****' moment when they realize what Garrett did. They're talking about up to the rest of the year for a suspension. And that's the more sympathetic perspective.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Let’s also look at the three Steelers attacking Garrett. That’s also not cool.
You're the only one in this thread defending Garrett..... maybe that should tell you something. They were't attacking Garrett, they were yelling and pushing. Garrett literally "attacked" the Steelers QB with a helmet lmao.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The NFL is hypersensitive about headshots now. I don't think it gets any clearer. If they don't overreact, they're going to be accused of not caring enough about CTE.

Now lost in the debacle is one of the Browns shoving Rudolph down from behind after he took the headshot.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Troy Aikman played against Buddy Ryan defenses twice a year and called what Garrett did the worst thing he's ever seen? Yeah, will be stunned if Garrett isn't done for a while.

I thought Suh's groin stomp and Haynesworth stepping on a guy's head was pretty bad...but this is next level ****

Reactions: KIRK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad