Post-Game Talk: We only need five players

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
e42429150afdbe53b98357d8ab6944b1.gif
Are you going to post this stuff every time we win?

Well then,

GO OILERS!!!

I am now becoming a fitness freak, after taking up tennis and jogging.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Plenty of the hockey world would say Klefbom is better than Morrisey. Let alone being equal. I assume that's who you are referring to in regards to Morrison.

I'm not even a Morissey fan saying that. People on this board were telling me he was a near elite D within the last year. I sure don't subscribe to that but I sure don't subscribe to Klefbom being a 1D either. We will have our 1D soon enough.

ps I'm a Doors fan. Its almost impossible to not think about Morrison instead of Morrissey. ;)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Huge win lead by their best players. Draisaitl with 100 pts(+) before March. What a season, what a team and Mike Smith, well done

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Klefbom is a legit top pairing D and is a big part of why our PP is tops in the league. He's never going to win a Norris but our team is better with him on it.

Just no to both. Klef is not in anyway a big part of our first unit PP. Bear would be better than him in an instant. Nor is Klef a legit 1D. If you're saying so you haven't seen one. Not trying to be flippant with that but the Oilers haven't had a 1D for ages and Oilers fans are susceptible to not even knowing what they look like close up.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Remember when people were screaming 8.5 was an overpay for him? He’s f***ing earned every penny.
It was only an overpay at the beginning of the contract, and most people realized that. Nearly everyone knew that at some point in the term, he would be earning that coin.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Huge win. Smith had an excellent game but he sure looks like the startfish on goals he lets in.

I've thought out defense core gets too much flack over the years but our D zone coverage late has been just terrible.

RNH has such an underrated shot.
He shoots the puck like sakic did

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Klefbom is a legit top pairing D and is a big part of why our PP is tops in the league. He's never going to win a Norris but our team is better with him on it.
The PP is still overrated minutes for our defensman back there. The PP runs through McD/Drai.
He is a minute muncher th0ugh, and the realitiy is that we need both him and Nurse to be healthy or they will struggle.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Since Kassian has signed his contract he's played 9 games, has managed a goal and an assist, and is minus 5.

Not particularly reassured about that cap hit going forward.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Just no to both. Klef is not in anyway a big part of our first unit PP. Bear would be better than him in an instant. Nor is Klef a legit 1D. If you're saying so you haven't seen one. Not trying to be flippant with that but the Oilers haven't had a 1D for ages and Oilers fans are susceptible to not even knowing what they look like close up.

There's 62 top pairing Dman in the league. Can you name 31 better then Klefbom? That can successfully handle top pairing minutes? That are a key part in a league best PP and PK?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Smitty saved our arses out there, so tons of kudos to him. Jets played a hard fast game, and their top line is scary. Good job by Maurice to keep them in th fight despite all the injuries, etc.

Nuge had a nice snipe, but overall, a meh kind of game. Again, that line really needs Yamo to push the pace and put pressure on the D.

McD had a so-so game, but was deadly on the PP, he really is the straw for that specialty. Not sure if he's still getting over the injury or adjusting to new people all the time, but he'll break out of it sooner than later.

AA has been meh-meh so far. Hopefully Anastasia can show us a little more.

I'd keep Ennis with McDavid for sure, but I'd move Kass up there if they can work it out.

Chiasson and Russell can take a turn in the press box when the others come back.

Kris Russell looked really good with Benning, considering he's been out for a long time.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Since Kassian has signed his contract he's played 9 games, has managed a goal and an assist, and is minus 5.

Not particularly reassured about that cap hit going forward.
Has hardly played any games in the last 2 months due to suspensions/breaks in schedule, etc. Just not up to speed with the timing yet. He'll come around.

Reactions: TB12

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It was only an overpay at the beginning of the contract, and most people realized that. Nearly everyone knew that at some point in the term, he would be earning that coin.

That was always the hope.

This is the first year that he is managing to do it.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
The Oilers don't really have a 1D at present. Unless you're saying Klef=Morrisey.
..;)

For all the wisdom you purport, you (and many others) still don't seem to get it.
What Klef means to the Oilers absolutely equals what Morrisey means to the Jets. Who the better player is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
There's 62 top pairing Dman in the league. Can you name 31 better then Klefbom? That can successfully handle top pairing minutes? That are a key part in a league best PP and PK?
Ah, here he is a number one. Does not mean he is a legit #1 though, just that he might be the best we have right now(I still disagree as I feel Klefbom is not great 5 vs 5).

The reality is is that a lot of teams do not have a real #1, and most rely on two 1B's to play. I think the poster is refering to the true #1's. The guys that are up for the Norris every year. We do not have that type of player here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad