We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB's chokes usually come in the 3rd round. Last year was really our first 1st round choke in the new era.

It's all match-up dependent though. More specifically, IMO, it's dependent on the match-up of coaches. I'd like to see TB play Boston a lot more than I'd like to see them play the Islanders. Boston's a better team, but I think we beat them in 5 or 6, whereas I think the Islanders might take us out in 5.

Reactions: Chompchompr

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Because this is wild to me, this team went from winning 62 games to being 3 points out of 3rd in the Atlantic 7 back of the wildcard and now face what is basically a MUST win on Monday against Florida.

What's wrong with Tampa?
I think there is and I think this is it especially if Toronto wins because if that happens that means Tampa would be 6 back of Toronto and 5 back of Florida.

That is quite the hole and I know the blues did it but the first signs of life happened in December.

Tampa has shown NO signs of life.
I am waiting, we all are
You brought this on yourself. You need to attend a sermon at the Church of Charts.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They're about to go on a 10 game winning streak now.

Thanks OP smh

Highly HIGHLY doubt it.

tenor.gif

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
TB's chokes usually come in the 3rd round. Last year was really our first 1st round choke in the new era.

It's all match-up dependent though. More specifically, IMO, it's dependent on the match-up of coaches. I'd like to see TB play Boston a lot more than I'd like to see them play the Islanders. Boston's a better team, but I think we beat them in 5 or 6, whereas I think the Islanders might take us out in 5.
When did they choke in the third round? Their last two trips they were outplayed by superior teams.

NHL1995

Dec 9, 2019
Tampa is 6th in the league in points
2nd in the league in goal differential
3rd in the league in Goals for
1st in the league in Goals for per game
9th in the league in fewest goals allowed
2nd best PP in the league
8th best PK in the league

Not bad. Not bad at all.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Truth be told that says as much about the Islanders and the Bruins as anything else. Jon Cooper is rarely out-coached in games against Boston anymore because he figured out very quickly that Brayden Point is like the kryptonite to their Superman 1st line combo. As I type this I am absolutely dying to know what our record is against Boston since at or around the start of 2017 when Point finally got the hang of the NHL level. For all his faults Jon Cooper doesn't have a big problem getting the right matchups. With Boston all you gotta do is ice the Point line and they're toast. But against the Islanders rolling 4 lines deep committed to DPE levels of defending? Holy God.... good luck man. For most teams you better hope the Islanders just don't score first or you can set your watch to a loss.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
They are as good as any team in the East, and when they get hot, only the Caps can dare to match up, if they're PP is on point which it was in the latter part of their series in 2018.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could this be the worst aging thread of the 19-20 season? Has to be the frontrunner

There were some early threads ripping Dallas to shreds.....and I'll be the first to admit I was pretty vocal at the time as well. Always good to see underachieving teams figure it out over time and reach their potential. Dallas and Tampa are two of the hottest teams in the league right now - albeit with vastly different styles of play. :laugh:

Neither team has dropped a game, or even a point, since before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad