We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Did anyone seriously think that the Lightning with their stacked roster wouldn’t turn it around at some point? Lol

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
And Kucherov isn’t exactly playing at Kucherov-like levels either. If he wakes up (which is funny to say when he’s over PPG) Tampa will be even scarier.
He’s been unlucky as hell. His underlying stats have been good and if you watch him you can tell he’s starting to get rolling, but the pucks just havent been falling his way yet

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He’s been unlucky as hell. His underlying stats have been good and if you watch him you can tell he’s starting to get rolling, but the pucks just havent been falling his way yet

He's been starting to heat up, and then cooling down, since the first of November. He's been pretty good since then. Not other-worldly like last year, or even the second half of the year before, but he's been good.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Yeah he’s set up a lot of plays that I’ve seen, where it should’ve been a goal. Maybe I’m wrong here, and I don’t watch every single shift or game of his, but it just looks like the effort doesn’t seem AS determined in comparison to last year.

I have him in fantasy this year so I’ve kept an eye on his a lot closer and just always kind of seem to leave watching the game wanting more from him in terms of effort. I don’t know. Maybe it’s the way he plays and if it works, then it works.

I watch Panarin in comparison and he’s an absolute hound for the puck along the boards and constantly winning his puck battles, and retrieving pucks quick which is resulting in a massive year production wise.

Love Kuch so don’t take it as if I’m dogging him. Also seems like he’s electing to pass a lot in situations where he should just shoot the puck. Everyone knows him for his shot and he seems to kind of defer the puck back to Hedman or over to Stamkos a lot.

I don’t know, I just see completely different players and perhaps effort in terms of someone like McDavid and Kucherov which is why there is a gap between them this year.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yeah he’s set up a lot of plays that I’ve seen, where it should’ve been a goal. Maybe I’m wrong here, and I don’t watch every single shift or game of his, but it just looks like the effort doesn’t seem AS determined in comparison to last year.

I have him in fantasy this year so I’ve kept an eye on his a lot closer and just always kind of seem to leave watching the game wanting more from him in terms of effort. I don’t know. Maybe it’s the way he plays and if it works, then it works.

I watch Panarin in comparison and he’s an absolute hound for the puck along the boards and constantly winning his puck battles, and retrieving pucks quick which is resulting in a massive year production wise.

Love Kuch so don’t take it as if I’m dogging him. Also seems like he’s electing to pass a lot in situations where he should just shoot the puck. Everyone knows him for his shot and he seems to kind of defer the puck back to Hedman or over to Stamkos a lot.

I don’t know, I just see completely different players and perhaps effort in terms of someone like McDavid and Kucherov which is why there is a gap between them this year.

It's just the way he plays and it can get worse (first 10 games of this season).

Agreed he should shoot more, him and Point always going for the pass instead of shooting (this season)

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
People were eager to bury them after how last season ended and the relatively slow start this season. Turns out the most talented roster in the league is still really good.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
people really quick to judge on PDO swings. Leafs and Bolts definitely were not as bad as their record showed early in the season. As a Leafs fan I've always predicted we'd be 3rd in the division, even the day before Babcock was fired and I still stand by that. I predict Bolts and Boston will be above them.

Reactions: Tofveve

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
And now my unpopular opinion: gusev as good as kucherov. Bam!
13bd9f8fe023f8055f9ff9d631789dfb36c7fcf1v2_hq.jpg

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
A little adversity is never bad for a team. I think the early year struggles will help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad