We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Yanni Gourde NTC not looking great right now...I guess they're interchangeable players in that lineup though

Gourde is a great player. Cooper just loves playing him on the 4th line so his stats look mediocre.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Truth be told that says as much about the Islanders and the Bruins as anything else. Jon Cooper is rarely out-coached in games against Boston anymore because he figured out very quickly that Brayden Point is like the kryptonite to their Superman 1st line combo. As I type this I am absolutely dying to know what our record is against Boston since at or around the start of 2017 when Point finally got the hang of the NHL level. For all his faults Jon Cooper doesn't have a big problem getting the right matchups. With Boston all you gotta do is ice the Point line and they're toast. But against the Islanders rolling 4 lines deep committed to DPE levels of defending? Holy God.... good luck man. For most teams you better hope the Islanders just don't score first or you can set your watch to a loss.

We're better than people think at shutting down potent offenses. But creating our own offense against a team that shuts us down is often a problem.

Reactions: DaBolts

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
I think being overshadowed by other contenders is exactly what they need, similar to Washington when they won.

Sleep on them at your own peril.

Reactions: DaBolts and Avv124

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
The Atlantic is a tight race
Pace:
Boston 115
Tampa 107
Toronto 98
Florida 95

I guess you could say it is a somewhat tight race for third between the leafs and the panthers, but seems the top 3 spots have some space between them right now based on their play so far

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
They're garbage. They have an awful coach, the goalie they just committed 9+ million to for the rest of linear time has no confidence or consistency, our goalie coach is a position killer, they traded the wrong guy this past offseason because he wasn't a coaches favorite.

Things are great.
8Q5fmWO.png

So much gold in this thread

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Gourde not producing in the top-6 is what got him down to the 4th line...

So why didn’t he get back up the lineup when he turned our 4th line into our best line for a couple of weeks? I really don’t think Cooper gives a shit about how many points he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad