Post-Game Talk: We get our first loss...Time to stop the streak.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You know what really bothered me more?
the total lack of everything.

Where was our physicality? Where was the speed? On the Sarich goal (which was pathetically disgusting, for shame), they were just standing there. It was just a total uninspiring game all around. and to me that's what's bugging me. Even though the last three games weren't inspired hockey - they were trying. I think out of all 3 periods, the first was our best, but barely.

(It's not like Colorado was perfect, but compared to us...?)

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
looks like Bernier is going to be huge with you guys,

Rielly is going to be a hell of a player.

kinda strange having Orr lined with Kadri all night.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Put Bozak on the 3rd line once and for all, you ain't trading him so at least put him where he belongs FFS.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He is so bad at hockey. We're going to have to live with this plug playing with Kessel for a few more years. Ugh.

Where is the condemnation for Bozak's line mates tonight? Want to be at least consistent, didn't know Bozak was supposed to carry that line.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

One another note: There is no way the Leafs can send Morgan Rielly down to the AHL. He's already starting to get into the hang of things and playing great with Franson.

If we send Rielly down ------> Ranger plays every night :scared:.

I can't believe I am saying this but boy do we miss Fraser.

I hate these lulls in our game. We can't seem to grasp how to work hard during the entire game. It's usually one good period, followed by a bad period, followed by a good or bad period.

Momentum doesn't exist for the Leafs.

They can't put him in the AHL, they have to send him back to junior.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Good game guys.

Can someone also explain why Kadri was played the way he was? He looked great out there tonight, but you can't get much done with Orr on your wing.

And Bernier was amazing. Way better than I expected.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
TOR: 28sh, 18ms, 18bs = 64 total shots
COL: 33sh, 9ms, 13bs = 55 total shots

and the 'lanche had one more PP than we did.

So yeah, pretty sure we won the possession battle tonight boys!

we should be celebrating!!

We climbed up the advanced stats standings. :amazed:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bozak was way, way, way, WAY better than JVR tonight.

WAY better.

Penalty Kill Icing*

What about Kessel and JVR tonight? Where is the criticism for them...they are the ones that are supposed to carry that line, not much effort tonight. I know your anti Bozak rants is your thing here and on the main board, but the crap you give him here and turn blind to JVR and Kessel's non effort continues to astound here.

Kessel had 7 shots on goal tonight. Out of 28 for the team. Can't do much when your Center linemate can't finish even on empty nets.

And JvR had an off game. More like he had a Bozak type of game.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
I really think this game has a different outcome with Clarkson, Mcclement and fraser in the line-up. Kind of our "energy" guys that push the group... and fraser makes ranger sit... god ranger is kostka 2.0 but at least kostka could skate...

On a good note Reilly is going to be a beast

ALine

May 14, 2012
We deserved to lose this game. No hustle plus ****ing plugs playing the offensive roles in Bozak. **** THAT.

Carlyle ****ed it up tonight. We were trailing and he refused to change the lines and still play Kadri with the fourth liners.

One minute remaining and guess what Bozak is out on the ****ing ice. Bozak is the new Crosby yawl.

Carlyle :shakehead Its just not cool man. Just **** off. You just awarded 2 points to the Avs.

Kadri did not start the game with Orr. Kadri had a terrible game. Passing into skates, give aways. Kessels line was creating the most chances offensively, as was Raymond/Bolland line.
I guess you enjoyed his effort on our first PP?

Solid game by Phaneuf and Rielly. Not long until these 2 are playing together in all situations. Not a whole lost else to write home about tonight. Poor effort by most, and it was reflected in some of their iced times'.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Where is the condemnation for Bozak's line mates tonight? Want to be at least consistent, didn't know Bozak was supposed to carry that line.

Yeah Kessel and JVR weren't great but they're good hockey players. Bozak isn't very good and that's been evident for a good period of time now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Maybe it was because the play always ended when the puck was within 3 feet of him every single damn time. Ya think maybe? Did you watch the game or listen to the radio, honest question.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
One another note: There is no way the Leafs can send Morgan Rielly down to the AHL. He's already starting to get into the hang of things and playing great with Franson.

I hate these lulls in our game. We can't seem to grasp how to work hard during the entire game. It's usually one good period, followed by a bad period, followed by a good or bad period.

I would send Ranger down in a nanosecond. Rielly is awesome. :)

leafstilldeath*

Faceoff guru Bozak played 23 minutes and was 39%.. 11/28

Kadri was 8/15 (53%).

I wonder how Interactiff defends Bozak shooting wide. Bozak shooting at goalie chest, Bozak losing faceoffs now.

He will just blame Grabo for Bozak shooting wide in...

3, 2, 1.....

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Positive was Morgan Rielly tonight, you can see him getting better with each shift as he adjusts to the speed of the NHL game. Only going to be more reliable as he plays more games.

He was our best D man tonight, Gardinar was good as well...
Kadri was our best forward.....tonight.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Good game guys.

Can someone also explain why Kadri was played the way he was? He looked great out there tonight, but you can't get much done with Orr on your wing.

Randy Carlyle is our head coach.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Good game guys.

No. Sorry. It's inexplicable. smh.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

You're right -- there isn't :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad