Post-Game Talk: We get our first loss...Time to stop the streak.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

The best team won.

I have been happy with the results of the season so far (not including tonight) but not been over impressed with how the team played. We have to play better. If we don't it catches up to us like what happened tonight.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Carlyle got out coached by a rookie coach.

Avs are a HARD working team. You look at that defense and you think it sucks but man do they make you work hard for every chance you get.

On the Leafs...we have talent on our D but 3/6 defenseman are known for coasting IMO. Gunnar, Ranger and Gardiner are too loose.

Phaneuf played okay. Franson/Rielly were great.

Carlyle sucked badly. Kadri with Orr the entire game...it's as if we want to turn Kadri into a 4th liner in the AHL.

All in all, pretty glad to be 3-1 despite not having a 60 minute effort so far.

Bernier was once again excellent in net. I can't really blame him for Sarich's goal because it felt like it was a perfect shot made for that top corner.

Roy played his best players to win him the game. Leafs simply didn't do that. I think the Leafs were more content trying to hang on to the point and take it to OT than actually try to score a goal in the 3rd which ultimately cost us the game.

Don't even get me started on Ranger...

Rielly looked great.

Now, now, the Avs players had more jump. Props to Roy though for rolling his lines. MacKinnon was a turnover machine in the first half of the game. If he played for Carlyle he would be warming the bench instead of making that great takeaway on the game winning goal. :laugh:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I don't mind the loss, it happens, but that was an ugly way to lose. Not skating for at least 40 minutes of the game might be acceptable if you can handle the puck and make a pass but they could do neither tonight.

Ugly game, only one positive, Rielly looked good.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
no speed through the neutral zone. credit some disciplined avalanche players.

pathetic defensive effort from the forwards.

i get the feeling that paul ranger's conditioning isn't up to snuff.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Can't wait until Clarkson and Kulie are back. Will atleast be better wingers for Kadri than Colton freaking Orr.

Gotta' hand it to Avs forwards for playing a tight defensive game against our top 6.

Mr Scarface*

Carlyle tried to to get it with the cautious code. Play it tight and firm, didn't work out. Tried to save energy and all.

Bernier was really good and so was Roy... I mean varlamov.

Can't win em all and don't even want to. Would have been entertaining and important even to see some fights and more physical effort. They lost it with intentions tonight. Sometimes you have to lose so you can have that great energy to win again. 82 games cannot be won. Ever. We are the hardest team in the league.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
TOR: 28sh, 18ms, 18bs = 64 total shots
COL: 33sh, 9ms, 13bs = 55 total shots

and the 'lanche had one more PP than we did.

So yeah, pretty sure we won the possession battle tonight boys!

we should be celebrating!!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Bozak should get moved down.. His faceoffs were brutal and he couldn't score for ****

At least try Bolland with JVR and Kessel .. Move Kadri back with Lupul

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Faceoff guru Bozak played 23 minutes and was 39%.. 11/28

Kadri was 8/15 (53%).

I wonder how Interactiff defends Bozak shooting wide. Bozak shooting at goalie chest, Bozak losing faceoffs now.

He is so bad at hockey. We're going to have to live with this plug playing with Kessel for a few more years. Ugh.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You guys that loved Bozak forever are flipping? This is what I have seen the whole time but a little more consistency in his awful play.

What about Kessel and JVR tonight? Where is the criticism for them...they are the ones that are supposed to carry that line, not much effort tonight. I know your anti Bozak rants is your thing here and on the main board, but the crap you give him here and turn blind to JVR and Kessel's non effort continues to astound here.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One another note: There is no way the Leafs can send Morgan Rielly down to the AHL. He's already starting to get into the hang of things and playing great with Franson.

If we send Rielly down ------> Ranger plays every night :scared:.

I can't believe I am saying this but boy do we miss Fraser.

I hate these lulls in our game. We can't seem to grasp how to work hard during the entire game. It's usually one good period, followed by a bad period, followed by a good or bad period.

Momentum doesn't exist for the Leafs.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not a good team effort tonight. First goal on Bernier wasn't great. Ranger...he's not thinking the game fast enough and he's repeatedly gotten himself in trouble because of it. First goal against Bernier wasn't great but overall he played really well. Goaltending was not the reason we lost the game tonight. Neither was Phaneuf. He's been consistently good to start the season which is great to see. Rielly had an awesome game. Only his second game but if he keeps getting more and more comfortable with each game, it's going to be hard to send him down.

Since Bernier didn't steal us the game tonight, probably means that the rotation is back on and Reimer will be in net on Thursday.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
didnt play our game
no hitting on colorado - they have speed need to be hit

no excuse forr kadri playing with orr and Bozak
just being his no hands offense.

This guy lost 4 faceoffs in the third in the colorado end.
This love in has to end. He should never be on the powerplay - what
does he bring - he cant even do what he is supposed to do.
His faceoff stats look good when he wins the ones oputside the blueline
but couldnt win one when we needed it on the PP. - He sucks period.

Gardiner is not impressing me at all

ranger is too slow. the game has passed him by

rielly is the real deal. much much better player than gardiner

bernier is awesome

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just have to score more goals. 1 isn't going to cut it.

Though will say Ranger was just god awful out there. I don't know how long we can wait for him to find his game here.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Carlyle tried to to get it with the cautious code. Play it tight and firm, didn't work out. Tried to save energy and all.

Bernier was really good and so was Roy... I mean varlamov.

Can't win em all and don't even want to. Would have been entertaining and important even to see some fights and more physical effort. They lost it with intentions tonight. Sometimes you have to lose so you can have that great energy to win again. 82 games cannot be won. Ever. We are the hardest team in the league.

#blatantmyth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad