OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
On another note, this site is unbearable. Constantly refreshing, losing text, and not reacting to input. WTF. It’s worse than before.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
On another note, this site is unbearable. Constantly refreshing, losing text, and not reacting to input. WTF. It’s worse than before.

best $ .03 a day I ever spent.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Very much so and my aunt and uncle are 40 minutes north.

Between the rising rent and food costs, something had to give. If I am going to plunk down $2k a month I better have laundry in unit, a dishwasher and better amenities. A 2 bedroom with a balcony out there will cost me between $1,300 - $1,400 depending on if I am in Moore or Norman.

It isn't permanent, My goal is to go out there for 2 years and then make my way back to New England. I'll be back at least 2x a year.

Getting to see my niece every day is going to be awesome.

Good luck Ali! What about your work, how does that part sort out?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I work remotely but it actually works better for my company as I can get a direct flight to our 3 offices in New Jersey, Chandler, AZ and the Chicago area if need be.
That is great! All the very best of luck to you!

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, Bruinaura, another weekend has come and gone. Did you finish your laundry? Clean the bathrooms? Attempt to organize your closet? Plan your meals for the week?

No, but look at this super cool Christmas doily I worked on!! :facepalm:

Apparently I need adult supervision to get my adulting done :laugh::help:

20230910_231737.jpg

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Well, Bruinaura, another weekend has come and gone. Did you finish your laundry? Clean the bathrooms? Attempt to organize your closet? Plan your meals for the week?

No, but look at this super cool Christmas doily I worked on!! :facepalm:

Apparently I need adult supervision to get my adulting done :laugh::help:

View attachment 742200
Reminds me of my mother. She used to make table top covers like this. She could whip one up with her eyes closed.
Very nice Miss!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Cave now has fiber-optic cable.....

Unlimited....I repeat.... unlimited....

Yee as in haw!!!!
A local fiber company is installing fiber in our neighborhood, and we just had our entire front yard redone last November, so we were quite concerned about what they were going to break. But they did a good job. I hate all the paint markings, but they tell us they are designed to break down and fade. Not sure if we'll get the fiber, but at least we now have the choice.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
With ESPN+ and other options it’s easier than ever, and Stars are 90 minutes away for me, so a bit closer than Ali, and day drive options are Nashville and St Louis. There are a small number of opportunities to go to games without taking a massive trip.
You (and soon, Ali) have more options for seeing the B's than we do, and we live in (near) a city with a team that's in the NHL (whether they're an actual NHL team remains to be seen). Vegas is next closest and it's over a 4 hour drive. LA and Anaheim are over 5. And the only reason it's not more is because we're on the west side of the valley.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You (and soon, Ali) have more options for seeing the B's than we do, and we live in (near) a city with a team that's in the NHL (whether they're an actual NHL team remains to be seen). Vegas is next closest and it's over a 4 hour drive. LA and Anaheim are over 5. And the only reason it's not more is because we're on the west side of the valley.

We definitely can easily do Dallas games, so it seems about the same so long as the Yotes stay in the Phoenix area. Being able to get to SoCal or LV in a half day is actually better as for both Ali and I, the next nearest places are Nashville and St. Louis, which she will be a few hours closer to than me. I have about 9 hours to Nashville and 10 to St. Louis :( So generallyonce a year for me until the NHL expands to Houston :naughty: Unfortunately this year I cant make the Dallas game due to a schedule conflict.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Alicat

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
It's true what they say, living outside of New England/where you grew up is worth it.

Also, super easy to follow the Bruins still. I use ESPN+ and you get every game that NESN has.
every day of the week. Before 2015 you wouldn't have been able to convince me of this, but YES.

first order of business when you move...search the neighborhood for Habs flags or stickers...then find the local New England bar/sports pub. They exist, trust me.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We definitely can easily do Dallas games, so it seems about the same so long as the Yotes stay in the Phoenix area. Being able to get to SoCal or LV in a half day is actually better as for both Ali and I, the next nearest places are Nashville and St. Louis, which she will be a few hours closer to than me. I have about 9 hours to Nashville and 10 to St. Louis :( So generallyonce a year for me until the NHL expands to Houston :naughty: Unfortunately this year I cant make the Dallas game due to a schedule conflict.
I am looking forward to taking a few road trips in 2024-2025. Dallas is a given and I'd like to get to Seattle and Minnesota. Nashville is a possibility as well. St. Louis is about 8 hours from Norman by car so I will likely fly if I go. I've got very little interest in going to Vegas.

I looked at going to Seattle last night and the cheapest was for me to have a 3 hr. layover in Salt Lake City and then a 2 hour flight to Seattle.

I hope Arizona moves to Houston so I can do the Texas swing.

every day of the week. Before 2015 you wouldn't have been able to convince me of this, but YES.

first order of business when you move...search the neighborhood for Habs flags or stickers...then find the local New England bar/sports pub. They exist, trust me.
The OU hockey team has family skates and I definitely saw someone with a Marchand jersey. I think we are safe from any Habs fans. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad