OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
hopefully no rain. leominster is close by and any more signifigant rain the next week could be ugly.
Getting rain tomorrow that isn't associated with the storm. They just issued a flood watch saying we could get 1-2" of rain tomorrow and some spots could see 4".

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My daughter's garden produced lots of zucchinis. I found the best muffin recipe this year so baked these today. The house smells like Fall with the ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in them.
1694545412523.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Day 13 of escapee murderer on the loose.
A couple days ago he was 38 mi away. Last seen 17 mi away from my humble farmhouse.

I hope they catch him soon. Westy’s leaving on a bike trip to Nashville on Friday.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
A couple days ago he was 38 mi away. Last seen 17 mi away from my humble farmhouse.

I hope they catch him soon. Westy’s leaving on a bike trip to Nashville on Friday.

So scary! I hope they catch him asap. So unnerving.

Reactions: caz16 and sooshii

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have had a bad couple of days as old memories from the 70s have come flooding back.

I met a girl in late 1976 at Father's Beacon Hill ( later became the Beacon Hill Pub ) - She was new to Boston but loved to play pinball and drink coffee sombreros and we began an on-and-off relationship.

One night in early 1977 she asked me if I wanted to see a movie with her at the old 57 in Park Square and winked I was an extra in it and flashed my twins.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 034909.png

We went to many memorable games together including Bucky Dent.

Suzy was a free spirit after Midnight and it wound up killing her.

44 years later her killer is now locked up.

2 weeks before she was murdered I called her at work and told her to meet me at Logan for a 6 PM flight to Baltimore as a friend got me 2 standing room tickets for Game 7 of Pirates/Orioles. ( She was a huge Pirates fan )

The night she died I was supposed to meet her at the bar but a co-worker called in sick and I had to work until 6 AM. I last spoke to her at 8 PM and she was pissed but that was par for the course with us.

I found out the next morning what had happened when the Cambridge Police woke me at 11 AM but they quickly confirmed my alibi but I was left shaking over what they told me happened.

I have to assume Suzy was in 2 AM mode, her favorite movie was 'Looking For Mr. Goodbar' and she lived that way - She could be smashed at 2 AM and be in the office at 9 AM and not raise eyebrows. Her secret was sleeping from 6 PM to 11 PM.

I am just happy we finally have an answer.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have had a bad couple of days as old memories from the 70s have come flooding back.

I met a girl in late 1976 at Father's Beacon Hill ( later became the Beacon Hill Pub ) - She was new to Boston but loved to play pinball and drink coffee sombreros and we began an on-and-off relationship.

One night in early 1977 she asked me if I wanted to see a movie with her at the old 57 in Park Square and winked I was an extra in it and flashed my twins.

View attachment 742743

2 weeks before she was murdered I called her at work and told her to meet me at Logan for a 6 PM flight to Baltimore as a friend got me 2 standing room tickets for Game 7 of Pirates/Orioles. ( She was a huge Pirates fan )

The night she died I was supposed to meet her at the bar but a co-worker called in sick and I had to work until 6 AM. I last spoke to her at 8 PM and she was pissed but that was par for course with us.

I found out the next morning what had happened when the Cambridge Police woke me at 11 AM but they quickly confirmed my alibi but I was left shaking over what they told me happened.

I have to assume Suzy was in 2 AM mode, her favorite movie was 'Looking For Mr. Goodbar' and she lived that way - She could ne smashed at 2 AM and be in the office at 9 AM and not raise eyebrows. Her secret was sleeping from 6 PM to 11 PM.

OMG Fenway, that is horrific. I cannot imagine what you went through and hope that this gives you some closure. At the same time, it makes everything so fresh again. At least he is behind bars, sadly there are probably even more victims out there than he is admitting to, a serial killer on the loose for that many years is terrifying. I am so sorry for his victims, families, and friends, which includes you of course. RIP Suzy

Reactions: Mione134 and Fenway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

View attachment 742743

The night she died I was supposed to meet her at the bar but a co-worker called in sick and I had to work until 6 AM. I last spoke to her at 8 PM and she was pissed but that was par for the course with us.

I have to assume Suzy was in 2 AM mode, her favorite movie was 'Looking For Mr. Goodbar' and she lived that way - She could be smashed at 2 AM and be in the office at 9 AM and not raise eyebrows. Her secret was sleeping from 6 PM to 11 PM.

Sending you a hug. Glad Suzy can finally rest in peace and that the monster is now behind bars.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Time to get things together while continuing to watch Lee.

Local meterologists are starting to forecast things.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

They caught him! Such a relief!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
View attachment 742771
He was under this pile of logs and when the temps went down they were able to use heat map technology to locate (sounds familiar?)
View attachment 742773
Eerily familliar. Job well done.

I've got CNN on and they talked to one of their own correspondents who stayed with his mom who lives within the perimiter last night and how nervewracking it was. They also had a guy on who said the police and FBI determined he had stayed on his property twice including in a treehouse that was falling apart.

I hope they clean house at the jail and make it more secure. Toss this pos in supermax so he has no contact with people who are willing to help him.

They sure give a lot of details and schooling on how he broke out. . .
Wouldn't be shocked if they decide to close that facility since this isn't the first time someone has escaped for a period of time

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Eerily familliar. Job well done.

I've got CNN on and they talked to one of their own correspondents who stayed with his mom who lives within the perimiter last night and how nervewracking it was. They also had a guy on who said the police and FBI determined he had stayed on his property twice including in a treehouse that was falling apart.

I hope they clean house at the jail and make it more secure. Toss this pos in supermax so he has no contact with people who are willing to help him.

Wouldn't be shocked if they decide to close that facility since this isn't the first time someone has escaped for a period of time
Just the fact on how planned they think/know the escape was... Down to escaping during the heat wave so the thermal cameras were much more difficult to identify a human in the brush..

Reactions: sooshii and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Just the fact on how planned they think/know the escape was... Down to escaping during the heat wave so the thermal cameras were much more difficult to identify a human in the brush..
I want to know more about how he planned this from prison,

He's from the favelas of Brazil so he supposedly has strong survival skills already and when you add in the help his sister gave him it doesn't surprise me that it took this long to catch him.

Very reminiscent of April 19, 2013 which is why I avoided the coverage for the most part.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

View attachment 742743

wow, wow. Im sorry my friend. I got nothing. Wow

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The next update from the National Hurricane Center is at 2pm.

Definitely need to make sure everything is charged up and all of that.

AAA and Eversource sent out natural disaster preparedness emails.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The poor people in Nova Scotia, they have had terrible flooding and wildfires this summer already.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad